Creditors asking for RD tracking number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My oh's creditor MBNA have denied receiving his letter asking for a signed copy of the CCA. They have now asked him to give them the tracking number of the letter sent by RD. Is he obliged to give it to them? They have already missed the deadline for this request and he's now sending the second letter. Thank you in advance for any replies. MM

Moving this thread into the Debt Forum

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

My oh's creditor MBNA have denied receiving his letter asking for a signed copy of the CCA. They have now asked him to give them the tracking number of the letter sent by RD. Is he obliged to give it to them? They have already missed the deadline for this request and he's now sending the second letter. Thank you in advance for any replies. MM

No! Don't give them any info....

So long as your OH has the proof of RD and their signature, or confirmation from RM that they delivered it, then all they need to know is that they have failed to reply with a valid CCA within the specified time limit, and that the account is now in dispute until such time they provide a valid CCA, and all or any further collection activity will be reported to the relevant authorities.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Boo, I thought that and have told him not to. I'm going to get him to register on here himself, it will be better for him to see the posts and excellent relevant information given. Passing it on 2nd hand doesn't really work he's a bit of a "doubing Thomas" always has been if his backside was on fire he'd have to see it in a mirror before he'd believe you were telling him the truth!

if his backside was on fire he'd have to see it in a mirror before he'd believe you were telling him the truth!

I know where he's coming from, you wouldn't want to be taken for a fool panicking for no reason:D

No, so long as he has his evidence in order, and can prove they received the CCA request, there is absolutely no reason why they require the Tracking number, besides, what are they going to do with it???:cool:

Ignore their empty threats, by all accounts they are one of the worst to owe money to, so that is probably one of their many 'get out of jail free' cards, with the help of CAG they can be suitably nailed to the floor:p

Boo;)

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

With the help I've had from other Cagger already it's take a load of weight of my mind. If all creditors came up with a suitable solutions, ie consolidation with a reasonable APR lowering outgoings then they'd get their money back, but instead they char your credit rating leaving no options, set the DCA rottweillers on you, damage your health. Forcing people to take this route.

MM :rolleyes:

If they have failed to respond to the CCA request, then the only correspondence you need to send them is the account in dispute if your request was using the CCA 1974 s77/78 act.

Alternatively fire this warning shot across their bows, if they still want to play hard ball!:D

You wonderful Caggers! You really give a person "a light at the end of the tunnel" scenario. My OH has already sent the second letter. By the way they phoned last night with a "did my collegue offer you a final payment reduction, if not I'll get onto them right away". OH ignored her and said I want a copy of the signed agreement, a second letter is on its way! You'vemissed the 12+2 deadline! Are they thick or what, he's still waiting to hear if he's still got his job!

Oh they did ask again for the RD number & to see the signature, my OH held it up to the phone and said it's here, the date an' everything - can you see it? They said "of course I can't, OH said "Well I can it's very clear, date n everything!"

Once they have received the 'account in dispute' letter and they continue to pursue you for payment, then they need to be reported for breaching the OFT debt collection Guidleines

Boo;)

Thanks BB for all your info and support, my OH has posted a question through my site name. It's about RBS and their DCA's would you please have a read and your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. He's at his wits end (me too)

Lol. They did exactly the same with me but the old "we can reduce your balance" line was an excuse to humiliate my wife into stating our income and monthly outgoings just to say "you have £20 disposable income left per month so tough titty".