Help with Housing Benefit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner and I will be moving into a new home on 4th August. Being confused by this new LHA thing and having never claimed HB before, I'm not sure if HB will cover all the rent. We will be renting from a private landlord with the rent being £433 a month and its a 2 bedroom flat. I'm receiving JSA (Income based) and my partner gets Income based ESA and DLA middle rate for both care and mobility. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I think your fist point of call will be here:

https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/Secure/Default.aspx

Follow the instructions and it should give you the amounts that you should get.

It can do no harm to visit this site:

Start Calculation

It all depends on the area you live in to how much you get.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they will pay around £75 a weeek for hb to private rented places not sure where u live so could be different..

im sure u will get full whack as dla obviously not counted and your partner classed as disabled,can u phone your council and get on there waiting list as if he/she is disabled they will give you a appropiate property and you get points so moves you higher up the list..

i would think u will get full payment but they will tell you more just going on personal experience

good luck

actually just thought about it they cant expect you to find £133 a month (if they pay £75 weekly) they should pay it all as benefits is classed as very low income.

ring them tomorrow and get your claim in

Hi kinkyklee,

The form is filled in, I'm just trying to work out if I'm gonna have a shortfall or not, but I will pop into the council office tomorrow and ask.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just did a check for newcastle and it works out at £103.85 per week so you shouldn't have to find much.

One thing that did spring to mind is that as you are a couple you may only get the allowance for a one bedroom property unless you can show that two bedrooms are needed (health reasons)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi silverfox,

I had a look aswell and we can easily come up with the extra £17.60 to make up the rent so it's not as bad as I feared.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

def ask your not losing anything also apply for a cummunity care grant to see if you can get any money for the move explain that its going to relief extreme pressure moving in together and you feel more settled..please go to the council at least you are on the waiting list it mite be 1 year waiting but worth it in the end...

nothing is ever fearfull if you can talk about it,everyone has been there on this site by the sounds of it.

we recieved £200 beginning of the year for a new recliner chair for my partner so worth a try with the cummunity grant.also think you can print it off online...you can thats what we did

good luck

I have just moved to a property in a certain borough and have claimed HB. I have supplied them with all the relevant documents. However as I have lived in this borough about 10 years ago for about a year they have details of my old bank account. I have closed that account about 5 years ago and have no statement or anything coming from that bank. However thay insist that I provide them with a statemnt for that account before they start paying.

What am I to do? The bank does not want to hear as I closed the account on bad terms with them (another story).

Hope you can help with some advice.

However thay insist that I provide them with a statemnt for that account before they start paying.

What am I to do? The bank does not want to hear as I closed the account on bad terms with them (another story).

Hope you can help with some advice.

Ask the council which housing benefit regulation they are referring to when they are asking for a statement more than 3 years previous and on a closed account. It is normal to only have to supply the last 3 months worth of statements.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Ask the council which housing benefit regulation they are referring to when they are asking for a statement more than 3 years previous and on a closed account. It is normal to only have to supply the last 3 months worth of statements.

They are asking for me to provide a proof of my having closed that account. It has been almost 7 years. How can they get away with this. It's such a hassle and the bank is not being forthcoming

Difficult one this.

The banks only have to keep details for 6 years after an account is closed.

The only way I can think of is to SAR the bank and if you're lucky, they will still have your account details.

If they have no details, they should tell you so or even better a statement saying how long ago the account was closed

Difficult one this.

The banks only have to keep details for 6 years after an account is closed.

The only way I can think of is to SAR the bank and if you're lucky, they will still have your account details.

If they have no details, they should tell you so or even better a statement saying how long ago the account was closed

thanks for your help. just find it ridiculous that they have the right to ask for so much detail and prod so deep, when a statement from the claimant that the account has been closed should be sufficient