PCN for an upside down pay and display ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just wanted a quick bit of advice. My Wife parked in a pay and display bay in Westminster last night and mistakenly put the pay and display ticket on the dashboard upside down (so you could only see the back of the ticket.

She paid for the ticket by credit card and we still have the pay and display ticket. Will proof of payment and the ticket be enough to use in an appeal?

Kind Regards..

Karl

Problem is that the contravention just relates to not displaying. Whether the ticket was valid and whether there is proof isn't really relevant because your penalty is for not showing the ticket.

Problem is that the contravention just relates to not displaying. Whether the ticket was valid and whether there is proof isn't really relevant because your penalty is for not showing the ticket.

The contravention code is 11U "Parked without payment of the parking charge - Mobile Phone Parking"

There is a credit card machine and also a mobile phone option. My Wife paid via Credit card so that reason is invalid, surely?

Also, the ticket number is visible. Is it that hard to look up the ticket number to see if the ticket was in date?

I know my Wife has made the error here but it means she's paid £1.50 for the privilege of a £80 fine!

Also, the ticket number is visible. Is it that hard to look up the ticket number to see if the ticket was in date?

Is it that hard to display it correctly and avoid the PCN in the first place? Some Councils will cancel the PCN if you produce the ticket with the same serial and it is valid but until you appeal you will not kbow.

The contravention code is 11U "Parked without payment of the parking charge - Mobile Phone Parking"

There is a credit card machine and also a mobile phone option. My Wife paid via Credit card so that reason is invalid, surely?

Right. So contravention is for non-payment, not non-display.

Am I right in thinking you paid by card, but not through your mobile phone?

As you paid, and can demonstrate that fact, then surely the contravention never happened.

G&M - Are the council then allowed to claim that the ticket was not displayed correctly - surely that would be a different contravention code?

Right. So contravention is for non-payment, not non-display.

Am I right in thinking you paid by card, but not through your mobile phone?

Quite correct. She paid by credit card.

As you paid, and can demonstrate that fact, then surely the contravention never happened.

G&M - Are the council then allowed to claim that the ticket was not displayed correctly - surely that would be a different contravention code?

We need to see the signage and location if she failed to display there is a chance she parked in the wrong bay to.

Nope, correct bay. It was an error on her part with the ticket. Mistakes happen, are you not allowed mistakes anymore? I'll post the pics up.

http://karl.bennett.googlepages.com/7.jpg

http://karl.bennett.googlepages.com/8.jpg

http://karl.bennett.googlepages.com/9.jpg

Note the supsension notice, it was originally suspended but they posted a Westminster sticker over it to say that normal rules now apply as the suspension was cancelled, or words to that effect.

I can see why they have issued the PCN under that code because you cannot display a mobile phone ticket so anyone paying by phone would be in contravention if you issued 'failure to display' PCNs and there is no other contravention that covers this 'shared' type of payment bay. I would appeal on the grounds you had paid and provide the ticket and see what they say as it seems that they assume you have not paid if the ticket is not visible.