Washer Catches Fire Damages Kitchen Claim Advice Now Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are not giving enough information to enable anyone to give you a concise answer.

If, I've worked this out correctly your washing machine caught fire and you contacted the manufacturers of the washing machine to make a claim. At that stage it would have been normal to arrange an inspection of the faulty machine and also assess the damage it caused to your property. It would also have been normal to ask for two estimates for putting the work right. Then based on the inspection and the estimates they would have told you to authorise work. If none of that has happened then you should be chasing that up with whoever you contacted initially.

At the end of the day, because you are not making a claim through your own insurers it is up to you to arrange the repair/replacement work, pay for it and then claim it back, however, you do need to allow the other party an opportunity to inspect it and agree it is reasonable.

I'd start by making waves with Indeset, insist that they arrange an emergency inspection and warn them that failure to do so will result in you arranging repairs and sending them the bill, keep copies of all estimates you sent and if possible take a few pictures of the damage.

Make a nuisance of yourself on the phone to them or to their loss adjusters (Delta Claims) and get something arranged asap

Mossy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

indest washer 18mths old .1st july 09 burst into flames in kitchen area. had problems with this but indeset said just normal.3rd july09 indeset visited to inspect property.and washer safety incident report .rs6621.noted in report damage to washer major damage to property major .they indeset collected washer to find out how this happened.end of july 09 report said machine found with fault no outside interference.never heard from them again .submitted claims ect got a letter in nov09 saying the claim was to much to be sorted out internally .therefore refered to insurers .insurers based in genoea italy .they wrote to me saying liability is going to be accepted.co called i e s .claim was under 10,000e then suddenley they decide to appoint a loss adjuster in leeds.they were sent reports photos quotes ect .so god knows why they have to mess about with the loss adjustor also to keep the claim below i never claimed for everything .so i suppose it is claim for the lot. i feel annoyed when im the victim here there dragging it out.

i wrote letters i posted letters i have recorded delivery slips .i sent e mails .i then decided to bring builders in and pay them if the need arised.u no need to worry i never let go even consumer direct had to send it to local trading standards .no one more than me has coperated with indeset as much as i have ..

i wrote letters i posted letters i have recorded delivery slips .i sent e mails .i then decided to bring builders in and pay them if the need arised.u no need to worry i never let go even consumer direct had to send it to local trading standards .no one more than me has coperated with indeset as much as i have ..

Right then, having done all that then you can show that you gave them every opportunity to inspect.

You would be within your rights now to authorise repairs, (anything you replace I'd keep for a few weeks just in case) and then send them the final bill.

Tell them they have 14 days to pay you, after that you will issue court papers.

Mossy

im involved in a case that finally the company have accepted liability many months after the incident.multi million pound co. they want know to send the assessors in to look at the claim.in the last 6mths we have allowed them access to property.we had appt for assesor to call he rang 10mins before the still waiting said he did not feel well.then a e mail from the co wanting them to visit the house that evening 7.12.09 again no one turned up.this pm had a futher call need to visit ur home.taking time of work it is hard wrong time of year.it is obvious the claim is under 10 grand. can i just pay a guy get the work done and sue them .i honestly beleive that i have been reasonable ,helpfull,patient ,co just playing silly buggers .what can i do please:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does the company have a trade body, organisation that you can use to pressure them... Is this company big enough to be named and shamed in the papers the threat of which sometimes helps.... can you give a little bit more info on who it is?

The court would want to see that you have exhausted all opportunities prior to initiating litigation imo and the very least you would need to warn them that you will take court action if that is your wish.

Perhaps an appointment with a solicitor to go through your options would be in need (most areas have solicitors that do free clinics or the initial 30mins for free)

S.

Hi There Hotpoint I Must Have Work Done By Christmas .11 Days Builders Will Take .i Do Think I Have Exhausted All Avenues.operating Bully Boy Tatics .may Be The Written Admission Of Liability I Have As Long As I Submit Invoices To Courts On Competion Will This Suffice .july It Is Now Dec .need To Act .fire Damage .

Well I dont think Hotpoint will care about bad PR so much... they've been on watchdog pulled over the coals so many times before for bad workmanship :-(

Personally I'd want to know I'd get the money back prior to giving the go ahead, I know timescales are tight but I think you need professional advice in regards suing them.

The fact its been outstanding for so long and so many appointments have been missed will stand you in good stead but the courts really do like to see warnings given prior to initiating litigation and its normally at least 14 days.

Sorry but thats the best I can advise, perhaps others will be more clued up in regarding suing a company

S.

• 1 month later...

BOUGHT SEVERAL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES ON HP .A HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE BECAME FAULTY BURST INTO FLAMES, CAUSED SEVERE DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY AND THE APPLIANCES.

FROM JULY 1ST 2009 TO 23RD DEC 2009,

WAS WITHOUT USE OF THESE ITEMS FOR THIS PERIOD . REPLACED BY INSURERS ,

BUT DIFFRENT MAKES OF APPLIANCE THAN WE HAD PREVIOUSLY .BASICLY SAME ITEMS ,BUT NOT HAS PREVIOUS HP AGREEMENT. IM TOLD DONT WORRY THIS WILL BE OK . IM NOT SURE IT WILL??????????

ALSO THE CO SAYING I AM IN BREACH OF THE HP AGREEMENT AND ARREARS WAS OVER £400. ASKING FOR PAYMENT TO BRING ACCOUNT UP TO DATE .

NEVER HAD USE OF ITEMS DURING PERIOD STATED,SHOULD I PAY ?????? AM I STILL LIABLE ????

You are always liable to make the payments you agreed to. As the finance house owns these products, you should have got in touch with the shop and the finance house to get it sorted.

You will need to write to them and tell them what has happened.

sorry finance company aware of incident ??, incident 1st july 2009 matter rectified on 23rd dec 2009. so had 6 months without use of goods due to damaged .

finance co sorted out damage to area paid over £8,000 .admitted liability on the faulty product , the goods replaced under the insurance cover i had with finance co ? recovered under supply of goods act implied terms, so should i pay for goods that i could not use during this period finance co says yes ?i say no as i had no goods in working order.

also on agreement hp states diffrent makes of product than on the agreement.new goods supplied for damaged goods ?????????? do we need new agreements .?????????? to validate