• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business CEntre       If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS)     Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio i Ltd   How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 15 Feb 2024     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. state how many digits the account number has.. The claim is for the sum of £922 due by the Defendant under and agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit ACt 1974 for a CApital One account with an account reference of [number with 16 digits] The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default Notice was served under s.87(1) of the Consumer Credit ACt 1974 which has not been complied with. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 16-06-23, notice of which has been given to the defendant. The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of the issue of these proceedings in the sum of £49.15 The Claimant claims the sum of £972   What is the total value of the claim? £1112   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? I dont know the details of the PAPDC to know if it was pursuant to paragaph 3, but I did receive a Letter of Claim with a questionaire/form to fill.   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? no   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned/purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I was aware, I'm not certain I received a 'Notice of Assignment' from Capital One but may have been informed the account had been sold without such a title on the letter?   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not since the debt purchase, and not from Capital One.   Why did you cease payments? I can't remember - it was the tail end of the pandemic and I may not have had enough income to keep up payments - I am self-employed and work in the event industry - at that time. I also had a bank account that didn't allow direct debits and may have just forgotten payments and became annoyed at fines for late payments.   What was the date of your last payment? Appears to be 20/4/2022   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No
    • Atsushi Katsuki tells the BBC the firm sees the sober generation as both a risk and an opportunity.View the full article
    • Yes you should take this view, but this is nothing to worry about you will be fine. you have a very well edited WX im sure although I haven't actually looked at it because I can't seem to work out which one is the new one anymore, although I do remember something previously. however if i remember it right its just a lost parcel via packlink and no insurance which frankly is pretty straightforward and should be a copy of farooq v evri. Have I understood the case right? Please tell me if not as there is rather a lot on this forum
    • well in every other thread advocate or not evri always send a cpr27.9 because they never turn up. I don't think we've seen a thread here without one. Maybe @BankFodder can tell me if i've missed one, but all of the ones I can remember there has been a cpr 27.9 notice even when an advocate has attended and from my own knowledge also I've always had CPR 27.9 advocate or not. I dont think there is a single thread on this forum where evri have shown up themselves and similarly I don't think there is a single thread where they dont send notice (aside from this)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ccj to with welcome.now dispute

stepwayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

she'd made her mind up, and was not for changing.

Things didn't start well..

. i asked the usher to ask if i could defend my wife,

she said she'd ask the judge,

and welcomes solicitor.

i asked sols myself, she said thats ok.

went in to room, i again explained to judge.

she said that its fine for me to sit in but not to automatically assume i could speak....i didn't ...i asked.

so the usher messed me up to start...

that got the judges back up.

she was totally unsympathetic to the fact this was my first time in a court room and felt it her duty to teach me some respect after that.

i did everything by the book..i showed her respect, she showed me the crap on her shoe that she assumed was me..

Oh Wayne thats awful no one should be made to feel like that you were hardly there being charged with murder ffs!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

don't take this the wrong way beyond...i know you're one, but when i found out 5 mins before it was a woman.....i knew.

women only get in positions like that with hard work and Big b s!

i knew she'd be tough, not that tough though

No offence taken I totally agree with you some women with a position of 'power' can be the devil incarnate Ive had enough female bosses to know that much some resent the fact they couldnt sleep their way to the top and had to work for it I think :x I really shouldnt say that but its just my opinion and a broad one at that.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

feel totally robbed.....really don't feel i was listened too at all.

i knew my arguements, but it was me talking just for the judge and welcomes version of olive oyl out of popeye to watch me squirm.

That would explain the resentment lol I wasnt meaning judge in particular just women in high positions of authority in general

thanks pwg.

really don't think i can fight anymore,

lost faith in court system,

or at least lost faith in my ability in it and some of the people that practice in it.

To say i'm disheartened really is an understatement.

emanevs said about fighting this..

...what am i going to get though. more sols fees, court fees and charges.

its my fault for not getting help sooner,

my fault for not understanding things sooner.

...now i have to pay for it,

which is a shame because welcomes agreement is crap. now i see,now i know, but its too late.

one last thing ....

..that judge was nasty. if she was my mother, i'd be very very ashamed.

i put it down to HRT.

sorry wayne but im creasing @ HRT :lol:

I appreciate you feel low because you have taken a knock. Dont give up, dust yourself down again and start again.. Plan B.

A lot of things seem very corrupt with Finance and law matters at the moment but dont let that put you off !!!!

I agree with pwg....give yourself the weekend away from thinking about it now and attack again as of monday you have put so much time and effort into this you need to give yourself a break

Totally agree, take some well earned time out with your family and let it lie for a few days. Wayne, the fact that you stood up and spoke up for yourself proves to yourself and your family you will not be a victim.

We will all be here to help in any way we can.. To help, support and motivate.....

We are all still fighting Wayne and who knows what will happen with each of our complaints but I for one am never going to give up whatever happens !!! If I cannot get justice for myself I will continue to help others to bring them down.

Have a good weekend Wayne and recharge your batteries. You have lost a battle today but not the war !!!

this is an outrage

that witness statement had so many valid reasons to set asside.

so it was down to the length of time since the ccj was issued and consent order you signed was it,

nothing about the whole agreement being a pigs ear and totally unenforceable

judges as a rule give lip/ non solicitors a lot of leeway in court.

this is a total disgrace and an insult.

a lot of hard work has gone into this thread, only to be destroyed with a judge on a pmt bad day

With these sort of judgements my mind keeps going back to the thought that Judges tend to be well off well off people tend to invest,

who do they invest with and with no suggestion that it was the case here but for example should a judge who has an invested interest with a finance company

such as say cattles then be able to sit in judgement when a consumer goes against that company,

after all our financial details are there for anyone who wants to sign up for membership of one of the reference agencys where do we go to ensure a judge is impartial.

thanks for messages of support, at the end of the day i was screwed, thanks for all the help, you know who you are.

yes i have had time out, being to the zoo today with the 3 kids, day of school..never do it..but needed to remember whats important..

its about how you bounce back from things like this....

lie down and die or get up dust yourself down and smile.

i will leave it this weekend..but i'm not gone...in case you were wondering.

you guys carry on, i need you all to get them.....for me..;)

anyone won????

keep at the ****..... not heard a dicky bird off them since last thursday.

what can they do now?

they can wait years for their money now..

...i'm not moving.

.no plans whatsoever of doing that.

they can't force me to sell can they?