style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you Maggie :)

I dont know what i would do without my freezer all my food would be ruined and i can not afford to buy any more for about 2 weeks

I dont have anything in my garden as yet so im not worried about that

if they did break the gate down do they have to pay for it to be repaired?

or will i be left with another bill?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having re-read all the posts there is some good advice here, please do fill in a form 4 complaint, this will put the bailiff before a judge for his conduct. I think it is very unlikely he will come back, tomorrow it will have to be passed back to the courts again, this guy was obviously trying to embarrass and intimidate you.

i dont have a printer to print the form 4 off

but i have asked my dad to print it for me

i will be going to thier house on wednesday to fill it in

i darent leave my house before wednesday due to the distress warrent still being in force

i would hate to come back home and find everything gone (that would be my undoing)

i have moved counties since this fine was issued

so the warrant would be from the original HMCS wouldnt it?

and so there for not my new local one?

if i can get it transfered then that would be great and will not cost as much in travel

well if the calculations are correct i have 40 mins before the bailiffs can no longer say they have a distress warrant

as they can not come after 9pm

and the 180 days is up at midnight tonight

Edited by catalice
spelling mistake

Hi Catalice,

Sorry for not responding earlier, but, l'm really busy with my own bailff problems right now. As to your questions, you can not have any levie if the bailiff has not levied on any goods you have. He must either have levied on something outside your house or gained entry and then levied on your goods. As for the charges, you must send a letter to the bailiff company and ask for a screen flash, which will give you a breakdown of the bailiffs costs. lf he has not levied then he is only permitted to charge you for attendance etc. You can find the exact fee schedule here in the forum under Types of Bailiffs and Their Fees. l am glad you sorted the problems out with the court and all you have to do now is to sort the bent bailiff out. by the way l am also blond and that is certainly no sign of being stupid and neither are you! You did get here eventually, did'nt you?

Baest of Luck

GR

Edited by gustavius rex
miss

I do still think that you can file a Statutory Declaration. I have sent you a message.

The fees that this company can charge are a £50 a fee and a visit fee of £175.

is that £50 fee for every letter?

and if they are allowed to charge for every visit how come they havent done so?

confused here

Hi Catalice,

Sorry for not responding earlier, but, l'm really busy with my own bailff problems right now. As to your questions, you can not have any levie if the bailiff has not levied on any goods you have. He must either have levied on something outside your house or gained entry and then levied on your goods. As for the charges, you must send a letter to the bailiff company and ask for a screen flash, which will give you a breakdown of the bailiffs costs. lf he has not levied then he is only permitted to charge you for attendance etc. You can find the exact fee schedule here in the forum under Types of Bailiffs and Their Fees. l am glad you sorted the problems out with the court and all you have to do now is to sort the bent bailiff out. by the way l am also blond and that is certainly no sign of being stupid and neither are you! You did get here eventually, did'nt you?

Baest of Luck

GR

Thank you GR :)

oh i know im not stupid lol just finding it all very confusing

with the dos and donts

I havent sorted out the problems with the court yet not until they take it back which they will NOT do until philips gives it back

so i am still stuck with the bailiffs :(

UPDATE

I have received an email today from my MPs office

they have tried to call Philips to find out more about my case and were unsuccessful :|

so they have asked me for thier address which i have provided them with

UPDATE

I have received an email today from my MPs office

they have tried to call Philips to find out more about my case and were unsuccessful :|

so they have asked me for thier address which i have provided them with

Pleased to hear your update, and i am not surpirsed they had no joy contacting them, im pretty sure your MP will get a response whey they have written to Philips.

Keep up the pressure - Caggers for justice !

The retailers worst nightmare !

Thank you GR :)

oh i know im not stupid lol just finding it all very confusing

with the dos and donts

I havent sorted out the problems with the court yet not until they take it back which they will NOT do until philips gives it back

so i am still stuck with the bailiffs :(

You are doing just fine and will continue to do so, l'm sure. Shall keep an eye on this site and if there is something l think l can help with l'll be in touch. Keep the fighting spirit up!!

GR

Oh Hell Yeah!! Texts only to begin with, then after contacting them via the website, they took 10 days to reply. At least they don't text on weekends.

I called them after they told me what they would accept (£22 a week) and told them that was impossible (My case is exactly the same as this thread, unemployed, TV Licence, but no visits until last Friday, that was just a letter drop)

I asked them for a Means form, they said "we don't send them out!" I said no problem I'll get one myself, and send it in, can you please stop the texts, pending my form going in? "The text's won't stop" said she, "but get your details to us as soon as possible" Quite helpful really, compared to some cases I've seen on here.

I posted that out last Thursday (4th June), and the letter drop was last Friday. The "Nice" man that dropped it off stood with me on the doorstep (you ain't gettin in 'ere mate!) and said to just call the office, they're "Makin agreements everywhere at the minute". TBH, he wasn't any trouble. I explained I'd already been in touch and he said OK, and trotted off.

I've left it a week, and emailed them today, forearmed with the great advice from you guys on here, direct to old Nigel himself. Got a mail back fairly quick from the enquiries department, saying they wouldn't send it back to the magistrate until the whole thing had run it's course, and £22 was the lowest it would go. I've emailed back and said no go, the most I'll offer is £5 every fortninght, but no replies as yet.

I'm so much more comfortable knowing you guys and gals are here, could be in for the long haul!!

Pete

Oh Hell Yeah!! Texts only to begin with, then after contacting them via the website, they took 10 days to reply. At least they don't text on weekends.

I called them after they told me what they would accept (£22 a week) and told them that was impossible (My case is exactly the same as this thread, unemployed, TV Licence, but no visits until last Friday, that was just a letter drop)

I asked them for a Means form, they said "we don't send them out!" I said no problem I'll get one myself, and send it in, can you please stop the texts, pending my form going in? "The text's won't stop" said she, "but get your details to us as soon as possible" Quite helpful really, compared to some cases I've seen on here.

I posted that out last Thursday (4th June), and the letter drop was last Friday. The "Nice" man that dropped it off stood with me on the doorstep (you ain't gettin in 'ere mate!) and said to just call the office, they're "Makin agreements everywhere at the minute". TBH, he wasn't any trouble. I explained I'd already been in touch and he said OK, and trotted off.

I've left it a week, and emailed them today, forearmed with the great advice from you guys on here, direct to old Nigel himself. Got a mail back fairly quick from the enquiries department, saying they wouldn't send it back to the magistrate until the whole thing had run it's course, and £22 was the lowest it would go. I've emailed back and said no go, the most I'll offer is £5 every fortninght, but no replies as yet.

I'm so much more comfortable knowing you guys and gals are here, could be in for the long haul!!

Pete

Sorry to hear of your problems - to save invading this thread could you possibly paste your comments above into a new thread, i would reccomend you title it starting with Philips Collection Services, you will get more replys that way, ill also comment on your thread too !

Speak soon - take care.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Sorry to hear of your problems - to save invading this thread could you possibly paste your comments above into a new thread, i would reccomend you title it starting with Philips Collection Services, you will get more replys that way, ill also comment on your thread too !

Speak soon - take care.

Done matey, I hate hijacking threads, it's bad form, just hoping catalice is OK

UPDATE

Hi everyone

ok i have yesterday received a letter from my MP they are looking into the matter for me with Philips

today i got a letter from philips head office they are looking intro my complaint about the beastly bailiffs actions and verbal abuse ( yeah right)

they also said that when i called them in february they said i could make token payments to reduce my debt ( no they did not) they took my £10 and then told me they wont accept less than £80 a month

i have also been informed that they have to let it run its course (which i believe is up now) and then it will go back to court and they are going to try to get a warrent for my arrest

what happens please if they succeed?? do i go to court too?

do i even get an invite to court this time?

or do i just find out when the police knock on my door?

advice please :(

Cat x

ok here is a copy of the email i have sent to philips in reply to thier letter

My ref:

Re you letter dated 9 June 2009

Thank you for your recent letter in responce to my email

I was not given any opportunity by the court on this matter as the hearing was in dec 07 and i moved from that property in Jan 08

When i called you in February I was told i had to pay £80 a month and i explained my circumstances to the person who took my call

they did NOT tell me that i could make token payments just that they can only accept £80 a month on my account

Can you please advice me as to when this case will be returned to court and if i will be invited to attend?

I do not alledge that your agent spoke to me in the manner in which he did it is a fact

may I also point out that he did not give me his name just told me he was from philips collection services nor did he show me any paperwork with regards to a warrant or any ID for himself there for i would like for you to provide me with the agents name and ID/ Badge number please

I can afford to pay £5 every fortnight and i will pay this when i receive my JSA which will be next friday 19th June 2009

would it be possible for you to provide me with the information on how and where i can make payments please?

can you also provide me with a breakdown of your fees that have been applied to my account explaining what these are for?

I look forwards to hearing from you with my requests by return post so that I can move forwards with this

Thank you

Mrs Catalice