1st Credit Again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all thanks for the replies, but still not sure what the dates mean

the letter was on HFC notepaper addressed to my previous house and send on by 1st credit, in a plain envelope with no stamp just the usual automated frankmark

the letter is as shown

We are writng to inform you that, by an agreement dated 13th March 2005 HFC Bank Ltd sold and assigned all of its rights title and interest in, to and under, inter alia the above agreement and related security to 1st Credit Ltd on 28 march 2008 The balance assigned to 1st credit Ltd was £4***.**

Yours faithfully

Sukhvinder Sahota

Senior Litigation Officer

(The bold type is on the letter)

This was attached to a 1st credit compliments slip

--

I have cca'd them and recieved an application form back with the form dated March 1994, with none of the required T&C's on it or attached to it,

they then send a set of t&C's for a completley different card type. they then send another set of T&C's for the correct card

So any thoughts on the next step, because no doubt the morons will think they have me banged to rights even though it is only an application form.

I have already informed them the account is in serious dispute.

Give em a taste of their own medicine...

Ave Worst Cretins

In re: aes alienum - HFC

Your epistle of the x instant (if it's this month)/ultimo (if it's last month) is to hand.

I would be most grateful if you could explain, ab initio, the meaning of your use of the latin phrase 'inter alia', since I do not understand it. I expect that this is one of the reasons why the Office of Fair Trading consider that using Latin phrases is an unfair practice - vide the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection for confirmation.

I am aware that it is your usual practice to send brutum fulmen ad infinitum, but I assure you that I will not respond to bullying; a fortiori, if you continue your non-compliant actions.

You are probably also in breach of the CSA code of practice, but I suspect that asinus asinum fricat applies.

I don't suppose you will bother to respond to this letter, but bene est tentare.

Ab irato,

Brilliant, this I must use in my next missive to 1st cretins:D

Intrum Justitia? Sounds like some South American secret police force.

But, even those powers IJ do not have. If their downward turn continues, they won't have false or even imaginary powers. Here's hoping...

Intrum Justita = within equity

Intrum Justitia = almost redundant

Turning to PGH's situation, it seems to me that the HFC letter is (or is suposed to be), a Notice of Assignment. I should not be at all surprised to learn that it originated not with HFC, but Primus Cretinus. Like the KGB, they have a talent for creating bogus paperwork when it suits them.

What they're saying is that they've bought a debt; sadly for them, from the CCA result, it's unenforceable. Gaudeamus igitur!

Hi all thanks for the replies, but still not sure what the dates mean

the letter was on HFC notepaper addressed to my previous house and send on by 1st credit, in a plain envelope with no stamp just the usual automated frankmark

the letter is as shown

We are writng to inform you that, by an agreement dated 13th March 2005 HFC Bank Ltd sold and assigned all of its rights title and interest in, to and under, inter alia the above agreement and related security to 1st Credit Ltd on 28 march 2008 The balance assigned to 1st credit Ltd was £4***.**

Yours faithfully

Sukhvinder Sahota

Senior Litigation Officer

(The bold type is on the letter)

This was attached to a 1st credit compliments slip

--

I have cca'd them and recieved an application form back with the form dated March 1994, with none of the required T&C's on it or attached to it,

they then send a set of t&C's for a completley different card type. they then send another set of T&C's for the correct card

So any thoughts on the next step, because no doubt the morons will think they have me banged to rights even though it is only an application form.

I have already informed them the account is in serious dispute.

THe first sentence reads to me that on 13th March 2005 by agreement (with whom) , they sold to 1st credit on the 28th March 2008 your agreement ??.

Now have they got that first date wrong or is that the date of your alleged agreement ?.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

THe first sentence reads to me that on 13th March 2005 by agreement (with whom) , they sold to 1st credit on the 28th March 2008 your agreement ??.

Now have they got that first date wrong or is that the date of your alleged agreement ?.

date of agreement march 1994, thats why I am unsure of what they are on about - nothing new there though, still with an application form I aint too fussed:smile:

• 3 months later...

Well they eventually responded to my last letter sent in April this year.

and it goes

Dear PGH

we would like to inform you that we have been monitoring your credit activity with one of the crud reference agencies - Really I dont have any credit to be active with morons

We have recieved recent notification which suggests that your financial position has changed and would like to review the status of your account with 1st crud - No my position is still the same, up sh*t creek, and by the way the status of the account is IN DISPUTE CRETINS

Please contact us - Yeah right

If you do we can MAYBE offer a F&F settlement where we will offer an attractive discount - Already have a discount all of it, cause you dont have an AGREEMENT FOOLS

Bless em - they do try hard to collect some cash dont they, anybody would think that they are in TROUBLE:D

• 5 months later...