• Tweets

• whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
    • thanks ftmdave again for the help with letter. thanks lookinforinfo for the info, im glad i found this forum as its a great comfort and relief to know ive dont the right thing as i wasnt too sure at first. and good to know what excel are really like.   thanks guys.
    • Hello!  First timer on here, discovered this amazing site and threads on debt issues only yesterday. After never having a bad debt in my life, almost 2.5 years ago I was scammed by my now-ex partner who calculatingly manipulated me into taking out a bounceback loan, 2 personal loans and a credit card.  He took all the money via ruthless deception, every penny, as well as the car (bought with unsecured personal loan) and all my furniture, personal belongings and even most of my clothes as well.  I'd packed up my life to move to another part of the country with him, only to discover he'd scammed me and been clever about it, so he directed the removal truck to a location unknown to me (never saw my stuff again!), and car is registered into someone else's name.  All this happened abroad.  I have won a criminal case against him abroad and he has been given a custodial sentence (which he is appealing while on bail), but it is difficult to get financial reparation so I am left with over £40k of debt to my name in the UK.    I am in my mid-50s, and have no assets whatsoever, I still live abroad (renting) and cannot afford to return to live in the UK due to the debts and decreasing income. It's been devastating and I've been struggling enormously since it happened (Jan 2022).  I have been suicidal at times. I was making combined loan/cc payments of £1300 monthly for over two years, but I'm self-employed (sole trader) and my UK-based small business has suffered 70% loss of income since Oct 2023 due to changes affecting government funding for the market I provide services to.  My income is commission-based, and has reduced to an average of £1200 per month. As I currently live abroad (outside EEU), I am not resident in the UK for tax purposes and haven't been for more than 3 years (my work is done remotely outside the UK, even though my clients are in the UK and payment is received into my UK bank account).  That means I am not entitled to an IVA or bankruptcy options.  My only option in terms of a debt repayment solution is a DMP. I maintain a UK correspondence address (my mother's home) and use this for my bank account, loans, credit cards etc.  I have only informed HSBC (bank acc) and one loan company that I moved abroad and that the UK address is only a correspondence address (been scared of potential consequences of informing them, even though I don't know what they could be or if there would be any). My worst fear is being taken to court, bankruptcy, etc, and my bank account and income being controlled and all surplus income above basic needs being taken etc, when I literally have almost nothing in life at this stage and desperately want to try to rebuild my life somehow and have some normality again.  Perhaps even move back to the UK if I can afford to. I've contacted all my creditors except cc (it's an HSBC card so am concerned it would affect my bank account with them.  I also bank abroad with HSBC and have global-linked accounts with them).  All interest has been stopped on my loans since April (period of 4 months on two loans, 6 months on bounceback loan with Pay As You Grow option agreed).  Continued so far to pay at least minimum payment on HSBC credit card.  I spoke to PayPlan yesterday and they've worked out a DMP paying £289.50 per month for 11 yrs 7 months, with annual reviews - not signed up to it yet, and concerned about customer reviews I've read about them demanding double payments a year or so down the line and not making payments to the creditors for long periods, etc.  Frightens the life out of me trusting them with the limited money I have - I don't want to go out of the frying pan into the fire in terms of stress that could last years, going by some of the horror story reviews. Considering the DIY DMP option, dealing directly with my creditors myself.  But not even sure going down the DMP route is the best option.  What do I gain from doing that? Sounds like I will still end up with an arrears or even a default record on my credit file even with a DMP, and I will be paying money I really need to help me get my life back on track, especially as I don't even have a full state pension entitlement - would be better used to pay missing years into that, surely, if I do have some surplus?  Either way, with or without a DMP, I won't be able to borrow so how would a bad credit score affect me anyway?  Seems like it could be best to allow them to go to default in the hope that it can all be SB-ed after 6 years. At this early stage, I know I will benefit from advice here about what route to go down and pros & cons/risks etc of: a) DMP with PayPlan b) DIY DMP c) Going down the default route in hope of debts being sold to DCA and not paying anything further with result that it is all SB-ed after 6 years. Struggling to pay off the loans for the next 11 years @ £289.50 seems daunting and such a long time, when I really need every penny to restart my life, regain some dignity, restore my mental health etc... I hope someone here help me make the right decision at this point, before I've committed to anything or have paid lots of money for years with little dent into the loans.... Details : HSBC Bounceback Loan (unsecured):  taken Dec 2021, original amount £9000, 2.5%.  Currently owe £4950.  Monthly payment:  £159.  Not missed any payments, but agreed PAYG option in April - full holiday for 6 mths, restart payments at £73.00 in October, term extended to 2030. TSB personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Aug 2021, original amount £23,000, 9.2%.  Monthly payment £475.  Currently owe £14,550.  Missed 2 payments. Interest stopped since April, no payments offered or made.  Situation to be reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). Sainsburys personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Jan 2022, original amount £25,000, 8.6%.  Monthly payment £514.  Currently owe £14000.  Missed 2 payments.  Interest stopped since April, made 1 payment of £50.00 on 7 May (offered to pay £50/month until situation reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). HSBC credit card APR 18.9% - £6900 currently owing, continuing to pay at least minimum payment (£180/month), not contacted them so far. Applied for Starling bank account, as advised by PayPlan to have a separate a/c from my HSBC one as they would have the right to take money from my account to pay off my HSBC cc debt if I stopped paying that. Sorry this is so long and a big thank you for reading down to the end!  I hope the detail helps with advising me on best course of action and possible/likely consequences.      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sainsburys CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dotty- it looks like you are having a nightmare with all of this! I am subbing to your threads but so far I see that the only joy you have had is with a reduced payment with halifax, but even they are messing you around. I am having similar problems so no wonder there are firms out there charging a fortune for the work of disputing ccas. Keep me updated please and good luck.

Hi Wolverine,

That's very interesting, not seen it mentioned on any other threads, any idea where you saw it?

I have to prepare a letter to them, but wanted written proof of the rate reduction on my Halifax card to use as ammunition, to twist their arm, so to speak. Sainsburys is currently up to date and not ever missed any payments yet, don't think I have any charges that I can claim back, so undecided how to proceed. (Halifax said I should have contacted them when my problems started they would have helped me then, yet some 6 months later, I am still waiting!)

Hi Bob,

Yes it's great fun, there seem to be some people that have managed F & F s but Halifax is the only one I have offered so far and the way the others are behaving (or not) I am not likely to make other offers at the moment.

I think, by far, Capital 1 have been the worst, MBNA not quite as bad but there letters COULD be a bit frightening, if I hadn't previously worked in the industry and of course found CAG and the great people on here who help to keep you going.

I should make more effort to get letters done sooner, but work full time (reduced hours at the moment) so not enough hours in the day.

As I said on another thread, 'I spend more time reading than writing but need to spend more time reading in order to write'. Or something along those lines!

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Having been given the runaround with my other Halifax BOS cc, I am now reading to put my Sainsburys one in dispute.

No prescribed terms on the documentation supplied only sent current T & C's and the usual 'your agreement is enforeable' etc.

I am just having a bit of a stress about the wording of the letter as my original CCA request was in April last year.

This is what I have drafted (as in cut and copied from other letters), so would be grateful if someone to take a look before I post it off.

Also looks like pre-crossed box for PPI on the agreement sent so I will be looking at that too.

Interest hike just applied, never missed a payment on this but have now cancelled direct debit, so no doubt calls with start imminently.

Account In Dispute Sainsburys - with deletions.doc

it's fine Dotty,

lets hope they can understand it ;)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Dotty

Not been around much so busy at work only just got in. I did have a quick look the other night and thought I'd posted back to you but obviously I didn't. Looks fine as above and I'll probably be using a bit of it myself when I get round to them. I'm now about £1600 over my limit because of all the charges and interest they keep adding even though I've written I don't know how many letters to them. I know for a fact that it was only an application I signed and that was in store and there were loads of errors written down as they guy kept crossing stuff out so it will be interesting when I get round to it to see what they produce. Must admit they just keep writing to me "we don't appear to have a current phone number for you please ring and let us know your number" - no chance they've got my mobile and thats not changed since I took the card out. I'm sure it will be passed along to some lowlife before long, do I care, no, stopped worrying about it ages ago.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi Diamondgirl,

There are never enough hours in the day!

I will be sending this off tomorrow, I really should have done it sooner in view of how the Halifax have handled it, but at least I know what to expect.

Try and find yourself a little time to send your CCA request off and get it put into dispute asap. Don't leave it 11 months like me! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dotty,

How are you doing on this?

I got a letter a week or so ago offering me a 'really good deal, 40% off my debt'. So the debt is down to about £1200 with this discount. I was plesed to receive it but not even tempted to accept it. The fact that they sent it out must mean they know their 'cca' (application form!) is not valid.

The letter was actually from Sainsburys themselves (although it was with a dca for a while). They threaten that if I do not accept their offer the debt will go to a dca blah blah blah. I know they will be selling if for a lot less than 60% so maybe I will get a better offer from a dca...?

Hi Johannab,

Well after playing letter tennis with BOS over my Halifax card and getting nowhere, I finally put this in dispute and they have until Monday to respond.

Like you, they sent me an 'Application' form.

I only stopped paying this month and calls now started, only trouble is, as I have programmed numbers in my phone to recognise Halifax, of course they could now be for Sainsbury's!

Did get 1 call on my works number but the person realised it was a business number and said it would be removed from their system. (they didn't know they were speaking to me though!).

Strange you should get an offer of short settlement from them, Halifax told me that they didn't consider this unless the circumstances were extreme!

At least I know the routine now and expect that six months down the line with these, I will be no further forward but it will be interesting to see how this one is handled, in the event of no offer of payment being made.

With the Halifax, I had negotiated a reduced interest rate and repayment but for reasons only known to themselves, they did not confirm it in writing and without that, I refused to pay. (I just don't trust them)! :eek:

Have you got a Sainsburys thread? Perhaps we can compare notes.

Hi Dotty,

How are you doing on this?

I got a letter a week or so ago offering me a 'really good deal, 40% off my debt'. So the debt is down to about £1200 with this discount. I was plesed to receive it but not even tempted to accept it. The fact that they sent it out must mean they know their 'cca' (application form!) is not valid.

The letter was actually from Sainsburys themselves (although it was with a dca for a while). They threaten that if I do not accept their offer the debt will go to a dca blah blah blah. I know they will be selling if for a lot less than 60% so maybe I will get a better offer from a dca...?

Hello johannab,

Dotty50 please forgive my intrusion on your thread, johannab I would like to advise you to digest the contents of my thread regarding Settlements to your creditors.

It's located in the Legal Issues forum of this site titled "Full and Final Settlements by The Mould".

Once again my apologies to you Dotty50.

Kind Regards

The Mould

• 3 years later...

So, over three years since I posted on this thread! Where has the time gone?

It will be interesting to see if anyone is still subbing :lol:

Anyway just a little update, I had a call on my mobile last week from an unrecognised mobile number which turned out to be a guy from A R C, said it was a personal business matter (heard that many times before!) and asked me to confirm my name, of course I refused to confirm anything as I didn't know who they were and he advised me to look online at their website.

I was aware of A R C from reading on here and have had letters from them before regarding another CC.

I have since had several messages left on my mobile and home number to call them urgently etc, but still not revealing what they were calling for.

Then a letter arrived and it relates to this CC.

Having dug out the file, I don't appear to have had any letters at all since last posting on here! Will have to dig a little further just in case I've misfiled anything.

I'll be back soon!

• 7 months later...

Sorry for failing to respond to your post jackospades!

I didn't write to ARC and they sent another 3 letters from them, the last being August 13. I get the odd call on my mobile from them but it's a very muffled automated message so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

I just wanted to update my threads for future reference and it's here for anyone else to read.

Sorry for failing to respond to your post jackospades!

I didn't write to ARC and they sent another 3 letters from them, the last being August 13. I get the odd call on my mobile from them but it's a very muffled automated message so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

I just wanted to update my threads for future reference and it's here for anyone else to read.

Hiya..You should have had a letter 'Notification of Assignment' from either Sainsburys or ARC to inform you officialy that Sainsbury's have sold the account. If you haven't , you should tell ARC you don't know who they are, and instruct them to cease harrassing you immediately otherwise you will take the appropriate action .

If you have had a notification of assignment letter, you should still write to ARC and tell them that the account is in 'dispute', as you have an outstanding CCA claim with Sainsbury's. I presume you wrote back to Sainsbury's to tell them the stuff they sent did not meet the requirements to satisfy the CCA regs ? Someone posted up a template letter for you to send I believe , did you send that ...seemed that the 'prescribed terms' were missing...

I know a few years have passed so not sure what stage you are at..sorry if I'm out of date..

Hi, jackospades

I did have a NOA from Sainsbury's in Aug 11 advising that they had assigned "all of its respective rights" to Arrow Global and I'm fairly sure that it came in the same envelope with one from Arrow Global.

The Arrow Global letter went on to say that they had appointed Wescot to manage my account etc.

Next contact were three letters from Fairfax Solicitors and I must have written to them (possible s78 request but I've had a problem with a memory stick) so don't have my letter to hand but they replied to whatever I sent. They confirmed that collection activities will be "held" until a copy of the CCA was obtained, at which point the debt would become enforceable again, but they also asked for the £1 fee.

It then went to Moorcroft (Stockport) two letters in Jan 12, Debt managers (Edingburgh) two letter in May & June 12 and then ARC (Surrey) four letters between June & Aug 13.

Nothing since, apart from the occasional automated message. Hence the reason I haven't been too concerned about writing to them and possibly 'opening' my file to be looked at further!

Yes, I did send the 'account in dispute' letter to which they responded with a letter stating that they had complied with the s78 request and the agreement remained enforceable etc.

Hi, jackospades

I did have a NOA from Sainsbury's in Aug 11 advising that they had assigned "all of its respective rights" to Arrow Global and I'm fairly sure that it came in the same envelope with one from Arrow Global.

The Arrow Global letter went on to say that they had appointed Wescot to manage my account etc.

Next contact were three letters from Fairfax Solicitors and I must have written to them (possible s78 request but I've had a problem with a memory stick) so don't have my letter to hand but they replied to whatever I sent. They confirmed that collection activities will be "held" until a copy of the CCA was obtained, at which point the debt would become enforceable again, but they also asked for the £1 fee.

It then went to Moorcroft (Stockport) two letters in Jan 12, Debt managers (Edingburgh) two letter in May & June 12 and then ARC (Surrey) four letters between June & Aug 13.

Nothing since, apart from the occasional automated message. Hence the reason I haven't been too concerned about writing to them and possibly 'opening' my file to be looked at further!

Yes, I did send the 'account in dispute' letter to which they responded with a letter stating that they had complied with the s78 request and the agreement remained enforceable etc.

Hi, right..well so long as all is fairly quiet... if it were me, if anybody else wrote to me I'd simply write back and say the account was sold by Sainsbury's while the account was in dispute, due to failure to comply with s78 ..and refer them back to Sainsbury's. (you don't need to keep on at Sainsbury's about this...) That will force them to stop until they resolve things..which could take months of backwards and forwards...Did you send a 'stop harrassing me' letter...in case they phone again.

If the s78 is indeed UE, as stated above, you've nothing to worry about...the onus is on Sainsbury's to comply..in their own time of course..Are you hoping for a SB from this, in which case I'd be adding a comment to any letter that you do not recognise the debt ..assuming you've stopped paying ?

You don't need to request anymore s78 from the DCA's, you've sent one...to Sainsbury's...that's enough...save yourself a £1 and a stamp....As far as you are concerned, the ball is in Sainsbury's court (excuse the pun)...non compliance with a s78 request.