Property Debt Collection Limited ground rent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being chased by a company called Property Debt Collection Limited - (PDC). I owe my property management company some money and today got a letter from PDC on behalf of them for approximately £200 more than I originally owed. They say their costs are £58.75 inc. VAT. Can they legally charge me for this? Done a Google search on PDC and the results were interesting.

Good point harrassed senior, but I have no contract with PDC. It is them I am more concerned with than the management company. I will pay them the price of a letter but no more.

Hi, send them this:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (Put DCA name not OC).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

Yours,

Print name do not sign

**Edit to suit**

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif Debt collection library Follow this link to our debt collection library.

This library contains templates and advice for dealing with debt collectors who act oppressively or unfairly.

This library is work in progress and will be built up over the next few weeks.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

Edited by harrassed senior
  • Haha 1

Can some one tell me if PDC has any legal right to charging me for their costs for just two letters? I am going to pay off the £750 directly to my property managment company but nothing to PDC.

Can some one tell me if PDC has any legal right to charging me for their costs for just two letters? I am going to pay off the £750 directly to my property managment company but nothing to PDC.

As Harassed Senior mentions at post 2, a DCA can only charge such costs in specific circumstances. These are contained within the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and are:

- where there is express contractual provision

- only actual costs that are reasonable and necessary can be charged

- the amount must be mentioned in the contract

The contract is the one between you and the management company. I can't think of a case where a DCA's charges have met all the criteria.

Most DCAs that try this know that such charges don't stand up to scrutiny, and will drop the charges as soon as they realise they've been rumbled.

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...

I will move your posts to a thread of your own. That way you might attract more attention.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?395915-Property-Debt-Collection-Limited

Link for KimberlyR

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...
I am being chased by a company called Property Debt Collection Limited - (PDC). I owe my property management company some money and today got a letter from PDC on behalf of them for approximately £200 more than I originally owed. They say their costs are £58.75 inc. VAT. Can they legally charge me for this? Done a Google search on PDC and the results were interesting.

Interesting they added 58.75 to your amount, they tried adding 120 to my 175.00 bill but I was having none of it! see my post PDC Ltd