• Tweets

• An update - Still receiving emails and letters - but have been getting text messages too. nothing aggressive just asking me to get in touch.    the text makes it look like it from the bank on first glance - it reads -   'the banks name' would like to dicuss our recent communication...etc... then lists IDR phone number and email FYI - reporting them as spam
    • Hello, After seeing all of the posts about BMW on here I really wish I hadn't even considered them! I bought a used car from them over the weekend, one specifically which had a reversing camera and cruise control in the advert. I was foolish at the time of purchase and didn't check to see these functions work on the test drive (totally my fault). Now that the car is home I've checked and checked and neither of these functions are available. I even checked on Parkers and it seems that no Skoda Kamiq '21 models come with any parking cameras at all. When buying the car, I was told all that was needed was 'Four signatures and £500' to secure it. I was never shown any of the documents, and instead the sales rep opened a box on his iPad and asked me to sign. He had been complaining about the length of time some customers take these days all throughout my time with him. (Again) foolishly I signed. In my email inbox I now have four attachments from BMW, one of which is my signature under a letter which basically says that the cars don't need to match the advertisements online, or have any of the features that a sales rep talks about. I realise that I've made mistakes in not doing my due diligence here, but thought I might as well ask the experts here if I have any rights left to claim that the car was miss-advertised, or if I unknowingly signed them away? Thanks in advance
    • where was this PCN:? please complete: pers i cant see the point in an sar yet await/if they ever send a letter of claim. as long as you've not moved since 2022 you are OK to totally ignore . dx  
    • ah this is a B2B PCP then as your are sending the SAR as a private individual and not as repping the co. you need to prove to them. unfortunately, i think that will also reset the 30 days. dx
    • Customers who opened HSBC's one-year fixed rate Isa say they have been unable to see the new Isa they opened or the money they transferred in.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st credit and Lloyds TSB Platinum credit card

hunterandthehunted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can an expert answer this please???

much appreciated

hunterandthehunted

A notice of assignment can come from either party.

it is important to look at what the assignment covers... if it is from first credit, then it will cover the rights and not the obligations of the contract, which is important.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone,

i have noticed that 1st credit have not took there monthly payment of £58 which was due on the 23rd of feb. the payment method is done by direct debit and payment has been made in this way for the last 10 months.

i suspect that it has something to due with the CCA request. also they have not communicated in anyway at all.

is this normal behaviour from 1st credit. some advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated...

regards

hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

Most DCAs will take the money if you have a DD set up... Maybe they have sold it to some one else, or returned it to the creditor?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

thanks for your response tomterm,

can they sell it on if the account is in dispute?

they still have not took the monthly payment at time of writing. would it be unreasonable of me to ignore it, should i send a cheque perhaps?, after all the DD is still active. would they be able to take a double payment next month, or even a triple payment the month after that.

also while i am here, the time limit for my CCA request is up on the 9th of march and basically would like to know what to do next.

is there a template letter i could use to let them now that this account is now in dispute?

thanks in advance...

hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

Hi,

I work for a BBC1 consumer affairs programme called "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

Having read your story, we would be extremely keen to hear from you to see if there is anything we might be able to do to help.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

[email protected]

0207 713 6868

Thanks very much,

Robert Gershinson

Don’t Get Done, Get Dom (BBC1)

dear experts,

the 12 + 30 day period are up for my CCA request. 1st crud have admitted to me that they have not got it.

they threatened court action, everything is quite at the moment, not even a phone call. they also failed to take their monthly payment from my bank account last month for which i failed to remind them.

my question is: what do i do now? or do i just wait to see what they do?

best regards

hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

Send the account in dispute letter just in case they try to sell the debt on

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On the **DATE** I wrote to you requesting a copy of the credit agreement and other information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79).

On **DATE** a member of your staff signed for delivery of my written request and I have an electronic proof of delivery showing their signature and the date.

To date you have failed to comply with these requests in any way, whether by confirmation of receipt of the request or by supplying the requested documents.

These documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In my letter of the **DATE** I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under section 77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation.

If that request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days your client commits a summary criminal offence.

These limits have expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

And

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Live Life-Debt Free

1st crud have admitted to me that they have not got it.

congratulations!

cancel the direct debit. after all, 1st credit have admitted that they have no legal right to expect any monies from you ;)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

thanks for your response tomterm,

can they sell it on if the account is in dispute?

In theory no, in practice the OFT guidance does not seem to stop them.

they still have not took the monthly payment at time of writing. would it be unreasonable of me to ignore it, should i send a cheque perhaps?, after all the DD is still active. would they be able to take a double payment next month, or even a triple payment the month after that.

i would be tempted to cancel the DD at your bank.

also while i am here, the time limit for my CCA request is up on the 9th of march and basically would like to know what to do next.

Wait.

is there a template letter i could use to let them now that this account is now in dispute?

Personally, I would not send them a further letter until they send you something further

thanks in advance...

hunterandthehunted

If you do need to send them a letter, something short and to the point:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Ac no XXXX

With regard to the above account, i sent you a formal request for the original credit agreement on DATE. You recieved it on DATE. I have cancelled the direct debit, and will cease payments until you provided it, as I am entitled to do so under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I will resume payments once you provided it, as required by law.

Yours Faithfully,

XXXX (type don't sign)

personally, i would wait for a month or two though without sending further letters.

thanks for all your comments guys...

i will have a think about my next move and keep you all posted...

thanks

hunterandthehunted

hello,

what is the correct address to send a cca request to. i defaulted on a platinum credit card many moons ago and have been pursued by Bls collections for the debt.

do i send it to lloyd or bls?

also is there an up to date cca request template anywhere on this site?

thanks in advance

hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Send it to BLS.

Letter 'N' in the library.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send with a £1 postal order, recorded and don't sign it.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hello,

what is the correct address to send a cca request to. i defaulted on a platinum credit card many moons ago and have been pursued by Bls collections for the debt.

do i send it to lloyd or bls?

thanks in advance

hunterandthehunted

BLS and they will pass it accross the office to their colleagues at Lloyds :)

BLS are part of Lloyds, look at the bottom of the letters, the small print.

thanks odds,

i did know that bls are the in house dct, but i wanted to make sure whether it was ok to send it to them or whether i would have to send it to a specific Lloyd's address.

i sent a cca request to the co-op at the Liverpool address once and it got lost because i was supposed to send it to their Manchester address.

just want to be sure, but thanks anyway

hunterandthehunted

is this the address:-

bls collections

po box 467e

oxford

ox4 1wa

regards

hunterandthehunted

is this the address:-

bls collections

po box 467e

oxford

ox4 1wa

Yes, but don't expect it to be signed for as it's a PO Box. I sent mine to MHA as it was them that contacted me, but it was Lloyds that replied eventually(4 months or so).

Yes, but don't expect it to be signed for as it's a PO Box. I sent mine to MHA as it was them that contacted me, but it was Lloyds that replied eventually(4 months or so).

good point odds,

what should i do do ya think as i thought sending it signed for was one

of the golden rules.

there are some other address's at the foot of the page.

regards

hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

hunterandthehunted.

Send it here and you will at least receive a written proof of delivery PO box no sig.

Consumer Debt Recovery Team

Lloyds Bank Plc.

Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton

BN1 3XJ

They deal with CCA requests etc. Trading Standards have recommended the address and not the PO box one. ;)

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

• 1 month later...

hi all,

its been 15 months since my cca request. i have had no communication with 1st crud what so ever in this period , they even cancelled the monthly payments themselves ( direct debit ) and all of a sudden a cca has arrived with the post this morning accompamied with a letter, inviting me to ethier confirm that it is my signuture on the agreement or if it is not, to provide them with a sample.

i have to say that it is my signature but am suspicious as i signed the cca request back in feb 2008.

i also received loads of statements which correspond to my now closed current account.

could somebody advise on what i should do next?

thanks in advance

hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

hi babybear,

yes no problem%3ca%20href=, here it is with the letter which came with it.lloydsccaloanletterscan.jpg[/img]

bear with me babybear i seem to have forgot how to use photobucket

ok, here is the letter.....

lloydsccaloanletterscan-1.jpg?t=1241291327

and here is the cca

lloydsccaloanscan.jpg?t=1241290491

regards

hunterandthehunted