Default notice question - Is it defective

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone please tell me if this Default notice is defective. It has a date to remedy but no date is shown for when it was written.

MonuDN.jpg

Also a copy of the credit agreement which I would say has no prescribed terms.

Monu.jpg

All advice welcomed.

Markd55

I agree, how can the 14 clear days be calculated when no date of service is enclosed, also it it not set out in the required format.

If should include the following in the exact same format;

"IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH

Also the notice fails to set out the statement as set out below

"IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN THE FURTHER ACTION SET OUT BELOW MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU [OR A SURETY]"

Yours doesn't, so tis could also render it invalid, as could the inclusion of any penalty charges in the amount being claimed.

The so called agreement is crap, is an application form with no required terms

Hi there,

I am always staggered by how the 'professionals' mess these things up.

As I understand it they must also quote the figure so You must pay £289.00 by XXXXX date

The important thing is dont do anything yet - do not rush off a nah de nah letter as if they terminate they can only then claim the arrears figure not the balance unless they are the same of course. I am in this happy situation with one of my 'debts'

GK

this is amazing how many companies get the DN wrong and then not learn by there errors can anyone give a reason for this as its so unbeleivable

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I keep reading about the only able to claim the arrears if account terminated, but no-one seems to be able to point me into either legislation or case law that confirms this. Any chance anyone posting on this thread can?

Thanks

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

I keep reading about the only able to claim the arrears if account terminated, but no-one seems to be able to point me into either legislation or case law that confirms this. Any chance anyone posting on this thread can?

Can't help you I'm afraid, however I am intrested in the info too.

David

I am always staggered by how the 'professionals' mess these things up.

Beats me!

The Act came in '74, yet that agreement was produced 26 years later. You would have thought they would have got their act together by then.

David

ABC refute the notion the DN was ineffective, alternatively that if it was ineffective, it was ineffective to terminate the agreement also, therefore enabling them to serve a second DN.

:lol::lol::lol: Desperation!!!

Also total hogwash and easily disposed of - as in fact it was.

David

struggling to understand why a creditor can only claim the arrears as listed on DN :(

I have the CCA1974 s87 up in another window, but still cant see why, help pleeaase before i jump out of the window.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Keep reading - it gets better!

See what you mean, it's a cracking thread!

Skimmed it and wound up saving the whole thing.

David

PS - Pretty sure I have Restons coming over the horizon soon - will come in very handy.