Validity of claims management companies? Moved from "Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually TD, my emphasis was the Consumer Credit Act 2006, fully implemented; 1st October 2008;

Unfair Relationships.

It was only a matter of time before it was tested in Court.

Mark my words, many cases will follow...

Salans is a well know law firm.

Eversheds LLP also have an interesting article on the matter.

Check out this link from post 444

*EDIT*

Damn thats not the right link every time I try to put the right link in it transmutes to the one above when I post it ???????????

the one you need to look at is in post 444 ignore the above

Edited by car2403
Removing link as explained

Check out this link from post 444

EDITED

thanks TD , have read the link but in THIS case they seem to have done the biz

my advice would be that if a CMC was confident of success then it should eb more than willing to act on a CFA arrangement with a guarantee of refund.

i will happily hand over a case to a CMC on this basis but would wait until the creditor started the action so that i could stitch him up

Edited by car2403
Removing link, unapproved and external commercial

thanks TD , have read the link but in THIS case they seem to have done the biz

my advice would be that if a CMC was confident of success then it should eb more than willing to act on a CFA arrangement with a guarantee of refund.

i will happily hand over a case to a CMC on this basis but would wait until the creditor started the action so that i could stitch him up

Many offer a full refund if they can not take your case forward on a CFA but the point is that there are people on that forum complaining that they have submitted their case over a year ago and still don't know whether their case will be taken on a CFA basis and have not had a refund.

If the creditor started the action how do you know that you would actually be defended?

Many offer a full refund if they can not take your case forward on a CFA but the point is that there are people on that forum complaining that they have submitted their case over a year ago and still don't know whether their case will be taken on a CFA basis and have not had a refund.

If the creditor started the action how do you know that you would actually be defended?

i would never start an action- only defend them- and i'm not daft enough to defend them (or let them get that far) if i don't feel that i have a good defence,

taking advice costs money up front usually and faced with legal representation some creditors would then not proceed but still badger me and i am further out of pocket

if i feel i need representation i'd rather wait until they are committed to proceedings THEN drop it on them so that if/when they discontinue or lose it will hurt them

BTW I hope that all of us with dealings with MBNA will open our letters with

"Your case against Ms Thorious was interesting and i lost track, did you win?

lol Diddy...you are so wicked!! :D

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Very disappointed that the link I put on here to another forum dealing with peoples experience of using the CMC which has just dealt with the Liverpool case has been deleted.

I can only assume the reason is that the management of this forum feared legal consequences if the link was allowed to stand however I think its very sad that consumers reading this forum will be denied the opportunity to read about the experiences of other consumers who have paid many hundreds of pounds to have their claims dealt with and to hear how they have fared.

Anyone who would like the link can pm me for further info.

Very disappointed that the link I put on here to another forum dealing with peoples experience of using the CMC which has just dealt with the Liverpool case has been deleted.

I can only assume the reason is that the management of this forum feared legal consequences if the link was allowed to stand however I think its very sad that consumers reading this forum will be denied the opportunity to read about the experiences of other consumers who have paid many hundreds of pounds to have their claims dealt with and to hear how they have fared.

Anyone who would like the link can pm me for further info.

TD, the links were removed as they are not allowed due to breaching forum rules - all links to CMC's, by their very nature, are commercial and breach the rules. We've been through this in this thread already, admittedly it's long and may have missed your attention.

This is something that I will ask to be reviewed, but as CAG is a self-help forum, that may not happen.

No legal opinion or consequences were considered in removing them - they broke forum rules, so were removed. Simple as that.

Oh, and to anyone reading the quoted post above, I'd highly suggest you do not PM members individually for help - if they give incorrect/inaccurate advice, it can't be corrected if it isn't on the public forums. Requests to receive such PM's from our members would normally require Admin approval, so we can protect our members interests and data. Any further requests from anyone to receive requests like that by PM may mean the PM function is removed for those making such requests without approval in advance. If you'd like approval, please PM me any other site team member, or report a post and we will tell you how you can go about that process.

No doubt Cartel did a good job in this particular case and it is a good result for everyone trying to take these companies on. However, how many cases have Cartel taken on for very large upfront fees and how many have got to the position of yesterdays case?

I know of many people who have placed cases with companies including Cartel who, 12 months or more down the line, have no feedback whatsoever and can't get any and are no further forward despite paying out their hard earned money. I also know of CMCs who can offer the same service as Cartel et al but with no fees for the client. Same end result, same process, different proposition re fees and where clients can get all their agreements looked at instead of only being able to afford one or two.

In my honest opinion, a company charging a fee who have only had a miniscule number of the introduced cases even looked at, should be closley vetted by MOJ and if neccesary shutdown but what do I know?!!

• 4 weeks later...

Got this from another forum,

Ratio Money are a joke,1 case won so far they should start learning something here.

Ratio have introducers who make money by putting new business into Ratio and The Claims Warehouse have been doing this.

Ratio Money are thought to have taken on over 8,000 claims so far and my information is they have one success-8000 cases at 295 pounds a pop is 2,360,000 pounds 1crysad.gif.

Ratio Money have cases in their system which have been ongoing for over 15 months and have got nowhere at all,they never return your calls,never reply to correspondence or emails and are completely disorganised.

You can never speak to the same person twice as whenever you call the person you spoke to last has left or been sacked.

As for their solicitors most of them are experts in conveyancing and family work and have no idea about consumer finance issues.

There are many many cases where Ratio has passed a case to a solicitor and six months later the sol decides they can't deal with the case and they send it back to Ratio.

Ratio then send it to another solicitor and the process is repeated,I know one guy who is now on his fourth solicitor and is no further forward than when he started.

Take it from me Ratio are going down a nd whemn they do they will take a lot of their introducers with them and every client will be out of pocket

What galls me is Ratio also claim to be the most ethical CMC, but so do Knightsbridge who claim to be the first and only CMC to offer no fees despite the CMC I am a part owner of having done this for 17 months! I challenged them yesterday to prove what they were peddling!!

No upfront or backend fees are the way to go with the cases being vetted first and a solicitor paying an acceptable amount for the case when taken on. Ratio and their ilk will be short lived hopefully

TD, the links were removed as they are not allowed due to breaching forum rules - all links to CMC's, by their very nature, are commercial and breach the rules. We've been through this in this thread already, admittedly it's long and may have missed your attention.

This is something that I will ask to be reviewed, but as CAG is a self-help forum, that may not happen.

No legal opinion or consequences were considered in removing them - they broke forum rules, so were removed. Simple as that.

Oh, and to anyone reading the quoted post above, I'd highly suggest you do not PM members individually for help - if they give incorrect/inaccurate advice, it can't be corrected if it isn't on the public forums. Requests to receive such PM's from our members would normally require Admin approval, so we can protect our members interests and data. Any further requests from anyone to receive requests like that by PM may mean the PM function is removed for those making such requests without approval in advance. If you'd like approval, please PM me any other site team member, or report a post and we will tell you how you can go about that process.

Interesting thread.

Personally CAG is great and I have benefitted loads from it but when it comes to anything more than obtaining my agreements & legal action I have passed or attempted to pass this on to those more qualified than me.

I did attempt to use a CMC but only to get access to a specific solicitor they used. 7 months later and got no further and resulted in them losing 3 of my original credit agreements. This has resulted in a complaint letter agaisnt the CMC copied in to Trading standards and will report to the MOJ and take legal action for my costs if I do not receive a satisfactory outcome.

My attempt at pre-action disclosure (CPR 31.16) with one card company has also been a headache with months and months of wasted time and has resulted in a 4 page complain letter agasint the courts administration procedures which inlcluded maladministration, lost files blah blah blah.

I have also found a new solicitor who actually have been very "professional". They charged a £200 fee, and reviewed and reported back to me on 1 agreement within 3 weeks (unfort enforecable) and I have now given them 2 others to work on.

So have tried myself, tried a CMC and now trying a lawyer directly.

I do agree there is no substitute for doing this yourself in terms of the drive and commitment.

However for me personally i only have the time to take it so far and then its over to the professionals...

The problem ...there are very few professionals in this industry as its a new industry and an industry that will come and go i think within 5-7 years. The MD of of the CMC joked when i called to ask them to try and find my original agreements "oh i put them in the bin and set fire to them" apparantly his sense of humour.....a disgrace

There are lot of chancers out there who set these CMCs up with poor employees and poor systems that just cant cope with the deluge of cases ..but are happy with the huge ammount of upfront fees but i guess they take the view they will sort the **** out a later date..i suspect may of these will be ltd co's that will conveninetly go under and cease trading...

Anyone wanna start up a professional CMC with me ???!!

Fingers

The Story So Far...

Barclaycard - Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Egg - Egg Credit Card CCA Agreement - help

Halifax - Halifax Credit card CCA

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

MBNA-CCA received, challening

Virgin - Virgin Card CCA May 2006 - Help Required

OH Barccard - 2 s78 letters, on 2nd cpr

I hope you people aren't holding your breath waiting for Ratio to go under. '1 case won'?? You sure? Try again.

It would help if you would identify your interest Are you an employee of Ratio or client either way you will be welcome provided if an employee you substantiate some of your claims An awful lot of people (& not just here) think they are going down if that's not the case how do you know??

in his defence- how many other caggers have to "identify themselves"?, as i recall. some very good legal brains have been "driven away" from this forum by people asking or demanding to know their backgrounds

people are obliged to disclose only what they WANT to disclose about themselves IMO and their opinions should not be any the less relevant if they choose not to do so

who cares if he does work for ratio

he has challenged someones assertion that they have only won 1 case

(at least that seems to be the gist of his post)

let the person who made the allegation of only 1 case won respond

(before anyone jumps on my back- i have never heard of, dealt with or had any brief for "ratio" which i gather must be a CMC!!)

in his defence- how many other caggers have to "identify themselves"?, as i recall. some very good legal brains have been "driven away" from this forum by people asking or demanding to know their backgrounds

people are obliged to disclose only what they WANT to disclose about themselves IMO and their opinions should not be any the less relevant if they choose not to do so

who cares if he does work for ratio

he has challenged someones assertion that they have only won 1 case

(at least that seems to be the gist of his post)

let the person who made the allegation of only 1 case won respond

(before anyone jumps on my back- i have never heard of, dealt with or had any brief for "ratio" which i gather must be a CMC!!)

Your wrong many of us have at some time revealed our interest & what's wrong with that particularly if your posts relate to one company We are interested in what employees have to say but by knowing they are connected to the firm we can make our judgement of their advices accordingly

I am a Ratio customer and there have been problems as some solicitors are slower than others. However, one thing about being with a CMC is that it makes it more difficult for OCs and DCAS to as assert that they have perfect agreements.

For instance, let them try issuing a Statutory Demand as you can go to straight to Ratio if you are a customer whose "agreement" has been checked out by Emmetts. Their charges applying for set aside will hit the claimant in the pocket in a big way. Far higher than a LIP could charge.

This may not be for everyone, but I do like sending off some details of the results of Emmetts reports to the OCs and DCAs for them to ponder.

This is a long process so I cannot say at this point that this is the answer as that would not be correct but Tricky Dickie has suggested this procedure on earlier posts so there are others doing this.