Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solicitors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anbody had any dealings with these clowns?

I got a letter from them this morning, apparently they have been instructed by Apex (who were passed my account by LloydsTSB) to issue court proceedings if I don't pay up or give a good reason not to within 7 days.

Sounds like standard threat-o-gram stuff to me but I have not heard of this lot before so wondered if anyone has any experience of them, should I ignore? Or send them a letter telling them to push off for the following reasons:

Lloyds TSB don't have a CCA (or so they tell me, I have SAR'ed them and they have until the end of the month to comply) and if they don't have a CCA then a) I don't have to pay unless a judge say I do and b) they are contravening the Data Protection Act by passing around my personal info to Apex and them passing onto this lot.

Advice appreciated:cool:

Send them this;

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2009 which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to advise a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); dated XXXX 2009 for which I have proof of receipt . I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you of their non compliance. Your client had until (date - 12+2 working days from date of sending CCA request) to comply with a legal request.

Should your client persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several defaults committed by xxxx under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for, both the banking code and OFT guidelines.

Also please note that I will ONLY communicate in writing, any calls made to me will be classed as harrassment and treated as such.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign

"Clowns" is most accurate indeed

They have stated they "may" take legal action against me if I do not pay in "X" days about 5 times now

I wrote once explaining my issues and that's enough as far as im concerned

One thing though, you dont say but I assume it is a loan or credit card youre talking about and not an overdraft?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

"Clowns" is most accurate indeed

They have stated they "may" take legal action against me if I do not pay in "X" days about 5 times now

I wrote once explaining my issues and that's enough as far as im concerned

One thing though, you dont say but I assume it is a loan or credit card youre talking about and not an overdraft?

It's an old Lloyds credit card account. CCA was requested over a year ago, been all through FOS complaint (they were useless) so now Lloyds are starting to try to frighten me again.....they aren't really succeeding, but I do like to know if people have had dealings with people so I know what to expect...forewarned is forearmed or so they say;)

Hello Helmetfire,

Yes I have had dealings with GPB. Definately send them Cerberus's letter. Not to panic you, but you need to be on the ball with this lot - get the letter off to them as soon as you can, recorded if poss. They will go for a CCJ pretty quickly if they can.

On the upside, they do back down quickly when confronted with a CCA request. I know of a couple of members on here who have stopped them in their tracks.

I think you should be OK - but good luck anyway!

Gosh, there's a name from the past, not heard of them for a while.

lol me to,quite took me back to my youth:)thought these were long dead and buried

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I have also had a letter from this lot. In my case they are acting on behalf of IQOR who are chasing me for a Halifax debt. The letter gave me 10 days to pay up. Unfortunatly I was a bit slow at forwarding these letters to CCCS so the 10 days are probably up.

What is the likelyhood they will go for a CCJ even though I have been paying this debt via the CCCS for the past three years.

My view is, the judge could well ask why this is being brought to court when payments are already being made.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

I have had a letter of them but it was in June 2008 asking me to contact their client Buchanan Clark and Wells. I had sent at least 3 letters asking them to prove the alleged debt which they never replied to. The first letter i got off BCW was dated July 2007. The next letter early June 2008, 11 months after the 1st letter, then a letter from Goeffrey Parker Bourne. Another letter from BCW mid August 2008 and last but not least a letter from Scotcall end of August 2008. At lest 3 letters sent to Scotcall again asking for proof and i have never had a reply.

I will just leave them to it. The debt should be Statute Barred by next year and if they contact me in the meantime i am sure i can drag it out until it becomes Statute Barred then i will send them the letter.

Edited by Blondmusic
My awful spelling!!
:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Hello Helmetfire,

Yes I have had dealings with GPB. Definately send them Cerberus's letter. Not to panic you, but you need to be on the ball with this lot - get the letter off to them as soon as you can, recorded if poss. They will go for a CCJ pretty quickly if they can.

On the upside, they do back down quickly when confronted with a CCA request. I know of a couple of members on here who have stopped them in their tracks.

I think you should be OK - but good luck anyway!

Thanks....that's just the sort of useful info that I have come to know and love from Caggers:D Will be sending letter Monday.

Hi when they threatened hell, fire and damnation I CCA'd them, after the usual 'requesting info from our client' I received

'We are no longer instructed in this matter and your request under the CCA 1974 together with requisite fee has been forwarded to our Client, who will deal with the matter and correspond with you directly.'

My threadhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173152-geoffrey-parker-bourne.html gives a flavour of some of the problems that others have had with them.

Edited by cymruambyth
link

Hi when they threatened hell, fire and damnation I CCA'd them, after the usual 'requesting info from our client' I received

'We are no longer instructed in this matter and your request under the CCA 1974 together with requisite fee has been forwarded to our Client, who will deal with the matter and correspond with you directly.'

My threadhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173152-geoffrey-parker-bourne.html gives a flavour of some of the problems that others have had with them.

Thanks again....I don't think I will CCA them, hopefully Cerberus' letter will get the message across.....Lloyds are over a year in default of my request after all:rolleyes: