A very puzzling question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'd be inclined to ask in the lloydstsb forum.........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This comes from one of their letters dated 1 August 2007.

"When you go overdrawn without agreeing it with us first, or when you go over the limit you agreed wth us, we will charge you £30. We will charge you this amount each day your overdraft increases. We will do this up to a maximum of £90 each month.

When you borrow without our agreement we will charge you a higher rate of interest. We charge you at the LLoyds TSB Unauthorised Overdraft Rate. This is currently 2.20% per month. This works out an an equivalent annual rate (EAR) of 28.85%.

This comes from one of their letters dated 1 August 2007.

"When you go overdrawn without agreeing it with us first, or when you go over the limit you agreed wth us, we will charge you £30. We will charge you this amount each day your overdraft increases. We will do this up to a maximum of £90 each month.

When you borrow without our agreement we will charge you a higher rate of interest. We charge you at the LLoyds TSB Unauthorised Overdraft Rate. This is currently 2.20% per month. This works out an an equivalent annual rate (EAR) of 28.85%.

That sounds not only like not only an unfair term but also a penalty clause - I know that the banks are appealing on the Unfair term BUT as the OFT point out anything they do in respect of unfair terms is in addition to the Common Law rules on penalty clauses.

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Lloyds is my daughter's account and I was dealing with the bank charges before the stay. this was one of the letters she received following a direct debit that was returned. I never worked the figures out just copied in response to the poster's request. Because Lloyds were taking her benefits in charges I involved her MP and he actually visited her branch and Lloyds refunded £350 as a gesture of goodwill.