Instant Silver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been contacted via telephone at work by a lady called Dawn from a debt recovery agency called Instant Silver. She is claiming that GE bank has passed on to them recovery of an debenhams account and are claiming I owe £200. I explained that any store card or account I had with Debenhams has beed payed up and that they should not bother me again. I contacted GE bank and quoted the ref no that Instant Silver had given me and they had no record of any such account and had not heard of Instant Silver. I have googled Instant Silver and can find no such company?? HAs anyone else heard of them and do i need to worry? :confused:

There is certainly no company registered with the OFT called that, if they want to collect debts then they need a licence....if they call again ask what their OFT Consumer Credit Licence number is, get a phone number and address too...

They have just called again and there address is PO BOX Caerphilly CF83 2XE. Tel No 08001114425. She said the reason why there is no such an account with Ge Bank is because they sold the debt to link whom sold it to them. She told me I had to write to their Defence and Dispute Department.

They have just called again and there address is PO BOX Caerphilly CF83 2XE. Tel No 08001114425.

That postcode does not trace exactly, however that's not unusual for a DCA. (It is in the general area of Link though.)

You need to stop talking to them on the phone, a DCA will tell you any old nonsense to get money. If they phone again, tell them to put it in writing and hang up on them.

David

Yep its link alright.

Registration Number: Z5504257

Date Registered: 01 June 2001 Registration Expires: 31 May 2009

Data Controller: LINK FINANCIAL LTD

Address:

CAMELFORD HOUSE

84-90 ALBERT EMBANKMENT

LONDON

SE1 7TP

Other Names:

ALSO AT ;

1/5 TRECENYDD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

CAERPHILLY

FLEETWOOD COLLECTIONS

INSTANTSILVER

THESIS SERVICING

Cabot have been my friends for 2 years(EDIT) Sent packing statute barred.

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.

seems to be taking a long time to update their credit licence.

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0446835

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberLink Financial Limited3504939

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 03-May-1998

Expiry Date: 02-May-2008

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Cabot have been my friends for 2 years(EDIT) Sent packing statute barred.

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.

Thanks you have all been very help full :). Things like this really worry me. Why would Link be going under another name?? Should i write to them? They do not have my new address and I am reluctant to give it to them. The original account was set up with Debenhams over 6 years ago. I am not sure what my next move should be. I am just about to buy my first house and am worried this will mess it up my chances although my credit rating with experian is excellant.:(

Thanks you have all been very help full :). Things like this really worry me. Why would Link be going under another name?? Should i write to them? They do not have my new address and I am reluctant to give it to them. The original account was set up with Debenhams over 6 years ago. I am not sure what my next move should be. I am just about to buy my first house and am worried this will mess it up my chances although my credit rating with experian is excellant.:(

When was the last time you acknowledged it in writing Spirit31?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Things like this really worry me. Why would Link be going under another name??

Link were almost certainly one of the '13' previously warned by the OFT regarding their conduct.

As sanctions have been now been placed on 1st Credit & Mac Hall, (companies who were warned but ignored the warnings), they could be using this name in the hope that nobody 'joins up the dots'.

David