"Parking Charge" £70 Euro Car Parks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can still safely ignore it- it's an unlawful penalty charge as per Dunlop v New Motor Co (1915).

Any charge must represent a reasonable pre-estimate of their actual losses. In your case you paid for a ticket so their actual losses, and therefore the amount they can claim in court, are precisely zero.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. Was not sure if key point was its a civil claim or the argument that they have to prove who was driving. Had not realised though that as I actually had a ticket (which they have admitted) their claim for loss would be irrelevant anyway. I will happily ignore them and let them pay for some postage - and take the previous advice on this forum if they call

Cheers again

Just ignore it, if they do take you to court then take your badge and explain to the judge what happened, let them do there worse but dont pay it, they will send you loads of letters - all threatening just ignore them and follow the advice on this site, the last time I heard from them was in April (1 year after alleged offence) and I just binned it, they will get bored.

I received a £50 parking charge notice from Euro Car Parks at the Team Valley Retail Park (if not paid within 14 days it goes up to £70). I did park in a disabled bay but was there for the shops opening so there was plenty of disabled spaces. I was in the shop for under 10 minutes and when I came out there was still plenty of disabled spaces. The car park attendant was nowhere to be seen. I don't recall seeing any signs but I am going back there tomorrow to see for definite. The date of the ticket state 18th july (yesterday) with no times

Me too, I went to Southampton Leisure World with the kids and parked right round the back, car park was empty there, with loads of disabled bays near the closed club. It was free to park as it was sunday, so didnt think any one would be bothered. I drive a company car, so presume I can say I dont know who the driver was? There was CCTV there, will they use that as evidence?

Interestingly it says 'dont pay the fine to an on site official ' they dont even trust their own staff! Perhaps I should say I paid him and that was that?

I received a £50 parking charge notice from Euro Car Parks at the Team Valley Retail Park (if not paid within 14 days it goes up to £70). I did park in a disabled bay but was there for the shops opening so there was plenty of disabled spaces. I was in the shop for under 10 minutes and when I came out there was still plenty of disabled spaces. The car park attendant was nowhere to be seen. I don't recall seeing any signs but I am going back there tomorrow to see for definite. The date of the ticket state 18th july (yesterday) with no times

Don't bother. Naughty being in a disabled spot, but you'll only get the same as everybody else - a couple of letters each from Euro, Brinx and Credit Control.

Ignore the lot and they'll go away.

Me too, I went to Southampton Leisure World with the kids and parked right round the back, car park was empty there, with loads of disabled bays near the closed club. It was free to park as it was sunday, so didnt think any one would be bothered. I drive a company car, so presume I can say I dont know who the driver was? There was CCTV there, will they use that as evidence?

Interestingly it says 'dont pay the fine to an on site official ' they dont even trust their own staff! Perhaps I should say I paid him and that was that?

Makes no difference if they have HD video with Dolby Surround Sound - the charge isn't enforceable.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

Tell your lease company you have been given an unenforceable invoice by Euro Car Parks and that you expect them to bin the letters from Euro, Brinx and Credit Control, or forward them to you. Don't contact Euro.

Make it clear to your lease co that you have only signed an agreement to pay council fines, not fake invoices from private companies.

• 4 months later...

Having received a "PCN" from Euro Car Parks I found this thread and have followed all your advice. I thought I'd now post and let you all know what happened.

My partner recieved the ticket after parking in The St Oswalds carpark in Gloucester on 26th May. She parked outside Mothercare and as she was in a rush she inadvertenly parked in a disabled bay. It's not very well marked out and they look similar to the mother and baby slots (a coincidence?). And as she had the children she didn't think anymore of it (plus it's a "free" car park).

Anyway, following the "ticket", I (as the registered keeper) have had 1 letter from Euro, 2 from Brinx and 1 from ControlAccount (the latest on the 8th September which stated I had 7 days to pay or they "may" start court procedings). I've ignored them all.

Since then I've had 2 phone calls from ControlAccount which I've also ignored! One of which my partner took and one that the answerphone took. Talk about harrasment. The last of these was probably 2 weeks ago (mid November) and I've heard nothing since.

Q. Why, if the last letter states that it's my last change to remedy the situation, are they still phoning me over 2 months later?

A. Because they're not going to issue court procedings and it's all a [problem].

Therefore, as stated by a number of people on this forum, ignore them and don't waste time or stamps contacting them coz all they want is your money. Hope this helps.

Edited by davethebox

Hi Dave,

Thanks for comng back on and telling people what actually happens as some of the newbies tend not to believe us.

You have handled this situation absolutely correct.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

LetsHelp,

No problem. Just wanted to thank everyone on this site and give some help back. It's amazing the amount of people I've told about this situation who genuinely believe that I had to pay the "fine" or I would get taken to court! Even afer explaining the legalities people still weren't convinced.

Also, for anyone who hasn't see it, Martin Lewis has also taken up the cause against PPCs. See his link here:

Private Parking Tickets: Tickets are often invalid, don't pay....

This is what he says:

"If you get an unfair ticket in a private car park.... don't pay it. These supposed 'fines' are the new Wild West, and whether the cowboys do it at supermarkets, retail parks, hospitals or housing estates, they're often unenforceable. This is a step by step guide on how to fight them."

Thanks again everyone.

LetsHelp,

No problem. Just wanted to thank everyone on this site and give some help back. It's amazing the amount of people I've told about this situation who genuinely believe that I had to pay the "fine" or I would get taken to court! Even afer explaining the legalities people still weren't convinced.

Thanks for the update - good to know for those who doubt the advice given is good.

I often use the you paid £1 for 1 Hour parking and you overstay by one hour (ie you stayed 2 hours). You thefore denied the operator £1 whether from your own pocket (ie you would have paid £2 for 2 hours) or from the pocket of another driver who would have been able to use that space paying £1 for his hour. Under contract Law (which is what you are deemed to be under having accepted the Car Park T&C) then that is all thy can claim - £1. They can't say we will now charge you £100.

If this was a free car park then they have no losses regardless of how long you stay. All you are doing is denying someboy else use of a car parking space that they would not be paying for. No Loss.

Also, for anyone who hasn't see it, Martin Lewis has also taken up the cause against PPCs. See his link here:

Private Parking Tickets: Tickets are often invalid, don't pay....

This is what he says:

"If you get an unfair ticket in a private car park.... don't pay it. These supposed 'fines' are the new Wild West, and whether the cowboys do it at supermarkets, retail parks, hospitals or housing estates, they're often unenforceable. This is a step by step guide on how to fight them."

Thanks again everyone.

I think the problem with *some* of the advice isn't always very good on ML and that *some* of the people who read it take it as fact and it must be correct *(Oh,. its ML that bloek of the telly) - in the same way many will go to the CAB and ask about a PPC Invoice only to be told they must pay.

Blagton.

I think the problem with *some* of the advice isn't always very good on ML and that *some* of the people who read it take it as fact and it must be correct *(Oh,. its ML that bloek of the telly) - in the same way many will go to the CAB and ask about a PPC Invoice only to be told they must pay.

Blagton.

Despite that bit on the Moneysaving Expert website, the forums on the website are giving the don't pay, ignore advice that people receive here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. its been a few months, Euro Car parks sent letters as above as you said I ignored all of them, now stopped Hurrah and many thanks.

It makes me wonder why any one should pay to park on Euro sites at all, just park for free! Umm may be not worth all the hassle. Thanks for all who advised me about this I was ****ed off for sure

My advice is always this. If you want the easy way, IGNORE ALL. If you want the fun way, then contact them and have a chat on the phone. They always think you are calling to pay an INVOICE, but then I launch into Contract Law, Road Traffic Act, Unfair Contract Act, Trespassing, Actual Loss, Registered Keeper...... and on and on it goes...

Its Great to feel that rush of blood to their heads as you completly foil them and wind them up. MERRY XMAS ALL

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just wanted to thank those who have posted info on this site. Luckily I read this before bothering with a pointless appeal to Euro Car Parks.

Instead of paying their unfair and extortionate fee for an accidental short over stay, I've made a donation to CAG instead.

Looking forward to my letters from ECP. Out of interest, does anyone know what loop hole permits a private car park operator to get my info from the DVLA?

Looking forward to my letters from ECP. Out of interest, does anyone know what loop hole permits a private car park operator to get my info from the DVLA?

It is part of their operating terms that they have to supply RK details to anyone with 'reasonable cause', covers a multitude of sins including [causing problems] PPC's.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I received a £70 parking charge notice from euro car parks for overstaying the 3 hours on the st georges retail park in leicester (free max stay 3 hours) I was borrowing the wifes car and she is worried about the letters she will receive if i ignore their letters, on a worst case scenario what could the court costs be if i lost? and any advice?

Graham

Hi, I received a £70 parking charge notice from euro car parks for overstaying the 3 hours on the st georges retail park in leicester (free max stay 3 hours) I was borrowing the wifes car and she is worried about the letters she will receive if i ignore their letters, on a worst case scenario what could the court costs be if i lost? and any advice?

Graham

You won't lose because they will never take you to court. Simple as that.

Graham

Posters on here have begged Euro to take them to court and still no joy, why should you be so lucky?

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just joined this forum after my son received a parking ticket, unfortunately after he had already sent in an appeal. He has just received the first of the letters as quoted above, and intends on ignoring them all after reading everthing on here. I will keep you updated with each letter received and the outcome.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just to update, I now have a letter from "Controlaccount Plc" saying they are passing it on to there legal department for assesment. Quote "We confirm that where litigation is commenced, a county court judgement shall be sought. If judgement is obtained and an order for repayment in full is granted but remains unpaid then enforcement of that judgement against you may be sought by one of the following ways - warrant of execution by bailiff of sheriff against goods or assets owned by you - attendance in court to be questioned as to your ability to pay and assets."

Is this a normal letter from them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks