help im out of time for a tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help, i was suspended from work just before xmas, also i was put on bail as the police thought i was stealing something from my wagon,,untrue,,after being on bail till march police dropped charges due to no proof of my actions. i was in the meantime suspended from work and eventually sacked,,i was gutted why didnt they believe me,i would never do anything wrong. ive been there for eleven years and never put a foot wrong.may i just state that i looked on acas and i was not sent a letter to be invited to these disaplinary meetings, just a phone call..also i found out you only have 3 months to claim,,so crap, what do i do now please help i want to clear my name for something i never did police got it wrong and im suffering aswell as my family and mortgage.

Hi,

you should try and get a solicitor online,look for an employment solicitor try contact law they might take your case on you were not charged with any offence by the police you will have to tell them if your employer went through there proper procedures if they didnt you should still be able to take them to court for constructive dismissal,be warned they will lie about what happened,also put in a data search for all records and data about this alledged theft and your hr file at your old employers it costs £10.00 pay by check made payable to your old employers,they must respond within 30 days with this data,

good look

Hi,

The time bar would only start from the time of the dismissal. You need to reread the acas rules. You have I would suggest avery strong case for Unfair Dismissal and suggest you write to the company as soon as possible telling them of their failings. You have been convicted of no crime and if you take the police out of the equation what have you left "sacked for no good reason"

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

What was the effective date of termination? (EDT)

Did your firm not invite you to any meeting of any kind? They are required to undertake investigations themselves (this is the case even if the police had prosecuted, the mere fact that the police prosecute is not in itself sufficient grounds for an employer to dismiss) and they are therefore required to ask your views, undertake some meeting of some kind where you can put your evidence etc.

Was the telephone call a "you're fired" type of call? What was the date of that call?

What is your companies appeal and grievance process? You must undertake this as well.

• 3 years later...

any thing like that they should put in writing and give u clear reaasons! and it would be 3 months - 1 day from date on the letter but contact acas, asap the sooner the better,

Damn, I started to read this post, noticed the date and thought "over 3years and it's not sorted", Then seen your post honeybee and I screamed at the pc screen,,,,,, lol.

I hate it when old posts are brought up by someone trying to bump up there posting numbers.