• Tweets

• I disagree with the charge and also the statements sent. Firstly I have not received any correspondence from DVLA especially a statutory notice dated 2/5/2024 or a notice 16/5/2024 voiding my licence if I had I would have responded within this timeframe. The only letter received was the single justice procedure notice dated the 29.5.2024 this was received on 4.6.2024. I also disagree with the statement that tax was dishonoured through invalid indemnity claim. I disagree that the licence be voided I purchased the vehicle in Jan 2024 from RDA car sales Pontefract with agreement to collect the car on the 28.1.2024. The garage taxed the vehicle on the 25.1.24 for eleven payments on direct debit  using my debit card on my behalf. £62.18 was the initial payment on 8.2.24  and £31 per month thereafter the second payment was 1.3.24.This would run from Jan 24 to Dec 24 and a total of £372.75, therefore the car was clearly taxed before  I took the car away After checking one of my vehicle apps  I could see the vehicle was showing as untaxed it later transpired that DVLA had cancelled my tax , without reason and I did not receive any correspondence from DVLA to state why it was cancelled or when. The original payment of £62.18 had gone through and verified by my bank Lloyds so this payment was not declined. I then set up the direct debit again straight away at my local post office branch on 15.2.2024 the first payment was £31 on 1.3.2024 and subsequent payments up to Feb 2025 with a total of £372.75 which was the same total as the original DD that was set up in Jan, Therefore I claimed the £62.18 back from my bank as an indemnity claim as this payment was from the original cancelled tax from DVLA and had been cancelled . I have checked my bank account at Lloyds and every payment since Jan 24  up to date has been taken with none rejected as follows: 8.2.24 - £62.15 1.3.24 - £31.09 2.4.24 - £31.06 1.5.24 - £31.06 3.6.23-£31.06 I have paper copies of the original DD set up conformation plus a breakdown of payments per month , and a paper copy of the second DD setup with breakdown of payments plus a receipt from the post office.I can also provide bank statements showing each payment to DVLA I also ask that my licence be reinstated due to the above  
    • You know hes had it when they call out those willing to say anything even claiming tories have reduced taxes on live tv AS Salmonella says: The Conservative Party must embrace Nigel Farage to “unite the right”, Suella Braverman has urged, following a disastrous few days for Rishi Sunak. The former home secretary told The Times there was “not much difference” between the new Reform UK leader’s policies and those of the Tories, as senior Conservatives start debating the future of the party. hers.   AND Goves replacement gets caught booking in an airbnb to claim he lives locally .. as of yesterday you can rent it yourself in late July - as he'll either be gone or claiming taxpayer funded expenses for a house Alongside pictures of himself entering a house, Mr McGuinness said Surrey Heath residents “rightly expect their MP to be a part of their community”. - So whens farage getting around to renting (and subletting) a clacton beach hut?   Gove’s replacement caught out on constituency house claim as home found on Airbnb WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Social media users quickly pointed out house Ed McGuinness had posted photos in was available to rent     As Douglas Ross says he'll stand down in scotland - if he wins a Westminster seat - such devotion.
    • I've completed a draft copy to defend and will post up here for review.  Looking over the dates and payments this all stemmed from DVLA cancelling in Feb , whereby I set up a new DD in Feb hence the overlap, why they cancelled when I paid originally in Jan I have no idea. Anyway now stuck with pending court action and a suspended licence . I am also firing off a letter to DVLa recorded disputing the licence revoke
    • Thank you both for your expert knowledge and understanding. You're fighting the good fight by standing up for people like me and others with limited knowledge of this stuff. I thank you. I know all my DVLA details are good. I recently (last year) renewed my license, and my car's V5 is current with the correct details; the same is valid for my partner. I'll continue to ignore the love letters 😂 and won't let it bother either me or my partner.  I'll revisit this post if/when I get a letter of claim.  F**k ém.
    • Please check back later on today for a fuller response and some edits
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Invalid Default Notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmmm...

How about this...

Like AHole, I took the view with one OC that no agreement was ever signed and insisted on that point for over a year. The OC provided me with a reconstruction and insisted it was a true copy of the lawfully executed ag.

Last week, the OC's sols have sent me what they think is a photocopy of the actual agreement. But it isn't. It's an application form.

Being a bit sad, I kept the original paper docs that the credit card was sent with (it goes back to 1997). These docs match the date on the application form. I therefore signed the application form, sent it off, and a couple of weeks later received the card with the paper docs that told me how to use it (:p).

There is no agreement. Yet the OC has produced one and it can only be a forgery.

Should I continue to argue that there is no agreement, or accept that the OC has introduced an agreement through his forgery?

LA

icon12.gif

did the application form itself contain the all of the prescribed terms? if it did- (in whatever form) and you signed it- it was an agreement if not- then it was a pre contractual application form

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is not one man jack on this forum (IMO) who - having applied for a loan or credit card- that would have then declined the loan or credit- on a moral stance of not allowing their data to be shared with a CRAlink3.gif.

I REFUSED !

and when my contract comes back from HFC it will have to have my written statement NOT TO SHARE MY DATA WITH ANY CRA OR DCA and signed ....i have the copy here and i await HFC copy which i know will not exist...i am paying them dont have a problem i do not have any other debts and if i had any other contract in future i will write excactly the same ,it is then up to the LOan company to evaluate wether to lend ? i do not have cards not had one since the fiasco i had with Morgan stanley,, and it was written on the application form when i applied for the card,,hence no agreement from MS..this all started twenty odd years ago with those SCUMBAGS from Blenheim .i learnt my lesson then and have written into every contract i have ever had to sign...if they dont like it tuff their is always someone willing to take their place, so dont be fooled into beleiving YOU HAVE TO the agreeing to something you do not moraly beleive in such as signing over your privacy and leaving it in someones hands to do with whatever they want to do is ludicrous, and is a seperate contract it is up to us to make a stand, we have cowardly accepted everything the bank throws at us.....not me i have noticed the HFC contract i have and i am being robbed but first i need all my data ,then the poo poo will hit the fan as their actions are not a mistake as you have seen DD , ive been on here long enough to know that just too many people lay down and accept the AUTHORITY that the banks seem to think they have, they are borrowing our money not we borrowing theirs ,so pull your head out of the sand and treat banks like you would treat a crook with stripes and arrows on their suit...

patrickq1

fair cop patrick- i know a woman who was smoking 20 a day at well over 100 years old

so i will amend by statement with apologies

there is not a man jack on this forum (with the exception of patrick) etc etc

(i'd put the smiley on but they seem to have dissapeared on this edit revamp of the forum

Edited by IdaInFife
edited

why do you think its a forgery?

thats what everyone signed.

the application form.

if that will stand up in court [which pers i think it would with all the other evidence of your account activity]

then your arguement is futile.

i really do think that all of the members that try and pull the wool have a to seriously look at their membership of CAG.

CAG is about protecting and upholding consumer rights......

NOT about assisting people in methods of debt avoidance through paperwork technicalities.

dx

well i would not go THAT far,

at the end of the day- whilst i am always one for not accepting edited from caggers about their true motives- i AM a firm beleiver in the rule of law- including civil law

an agreement is signed by BOTH parties- who BOTH agree to be bound by it's terms and conditions and any overriding legislation (such as the CCA)

the creditor is always the FIRST to insist on the "letter of the law" in terms of their reliance on what is stated in the agreement

they who" live by the sword" must also therefore be prepared to "die by the sword"

the creditor has the upper hand when it comes to financial and legal clout- and the CCA makes it clear that it is the creditor upon whom the burden falls to make sure that they cross all the "T"'s and dot all the "i"'s

just as I have been saying that caggers cant expect to "have their cake and eat it"- well neither can the creditor

it was not the debtors that asked the creditors to send out credit cards like confetti- on the back of the application form and in the hope that they would "get in" before their rivals

it was not the debtors that encouraged the creditors to "cut corners" in order to pursuade debtors to transfer their balances virtually "over the phone" to their cards from their rivals

it was not the debtors who suggested that to save archive costs- it would be a good idea to microfiche the front of agreement then destroy or send the originals to some post cold war bunker on a dis-used airfield in Khazakstan with no filing system capable of retrieving them

if was not the debtors that encouraged creditors to jack up interest rates in the opposite direction as the bank base rate when they saw a debtor getting into difficulties so that they could rack up some extra costs before the debtor defaulted

it was not the debtors that showed the creditors how to muck up default notices

sorry creditors (due respect to you DX) but if the creditors cant be bothered to do the job right- then just as they are the first to wave the signed valid credit agreement in front of a judge and demand that they court give them a charge on a debtors house

so..... they should expect the debtor to wave the "invalid" agreement or DN in front of a judge and invite him to tell the creditor to go forth and multiply (and in the meantime learn how to get his paperwork right)

amen

Edited by IdaInFife
forgot yourself there dd
  • Confused 1

did the application form itself contain the all of the prescribed terms? if it did- (in whatever form) and you signed it- it was an agreement if not- then it was a pre contractual application form

Thanks for commenting diddy - always enjoy your posts!

No, the application form was extremely basic - no key financial info, no data processing/protection declaration, no charges for credit, no nothing. It was a long time ago you know! Maybe things were more relaxed then (no CAG!).

At the top it says "VISA CARD PRIORITY APPLICATION". The whole thing is one side of A4.

I have the original T&Cs too. Again, loads of stuff missing. A big issue in the app form and T&Cs is that no consent is given for data processing. In fact, the T&Cs states that BoS has to explicitly seek my consent for any sharing of information with other parties!

LA

icon12.gif

well i would not go THAT far,

at the end of the day- whilst i am always one for not accepting edited from caggers about their true motives- i AM a firm beleiver in the rule of law- including civil law

an agreement is signed by BOTH parties- who BOTH agree to be bound by it's terms and conditions and any overriding legislation (such as the CCA)

the creditor is always the FIRST to insist on the "letter of the law" in terms of their reliance on what is stated in the agreement

they who" live by the sword" must also therefore be prepared to "die by the sword"

the creditor has the upper hand when it comes to financial and legal clout- and the CCA makes it clear that it is the creditor upon whom the burden falls to make sure that they cross all the "T"'s and dot all the "i"'s

just as I have been saying that caggers cant expect to "have their cake and eat it"- well neither can the creditor

it was not the debtors that asked the creditors to send out credit cards like confetti- on the back of the application form and in the hope that they would "get in" before their rivals

it was not the debtors that encouraged the creditors to "cut corners" in order to pursuade debtors to transfer their balances virtually "over the phone" to their cards from their rivals

it was not the debtors who suggested that to save archive costs- it would be a good idea to microfiche the front of agreement then destroy or send the originals to some post cold war bunker on a dis-used airfield in Khazakstan with no filing system capable of retrieving them

if was not the debtors that encouraged creditors to jack up interest rates in the opposite direction as the bank base rate when they saw a debtor getting into difficulties so that they could rack up some extra costs before the debtor defaulted

it was not the debtors that showed the creditors how to muck up default notices

sorry creditors (due respect to you DX) but if the creditors cant be bothered to do the job right- then just as they are the first to wave the signed valid credit agreement in front of a judge and demand that they court give them a charge on a debtors house

so..... they should expect the debtor to wave the "invalid" agreement or DN in front of a judge and invite him to tell the creditor to go forth and multiply (and in the meantime learn how to get his paperwork right)

amen

Amen indeed diddy - I wholeheartedly agree.

LA

fair points there by DD. amen :)

consumer rights/protection = the CCA (supposedly). if the requirements of the CCA are taken with a pinch of salt/ignored, then what's its point! it may as well be repealed! the lower cts are inconsistent, resulting in uncertainty.

(imo, there's nothing wrong with winning a case on a so called 'technicality'! it's been going on for yonks. mostly by those 'in the know'. but, thanks to CAG, et al, people are more aware of their statutory rights etc and the tables have been turned to some degree.)

Edited by Ford
typo

I agree Elsa ... I posted up what I could find .... so apologise its only a snippet ... anyone with access to the law directories etc may be able to get the whole thing .. which will make things much clearer ...

I don;t disagree at all with NKS22, or anyone else saying they don't believe its relevant for a s87 default ... its just my thoughts were how a CC Judge may see it, if raised as a defence by any Creditor taking you to court ... so it makes good practice to have some solid retaliation ready if that happens .. which is exactly what this debate has done ..

As I say I didn't know anything about it until it was raised on my own DN thread ... and I just wanted to give all a heads up .. in case others too didn't know about it, until it was presented with a flourish by the Creditor in any hearing ...

High I have been out of the CAG for a while but I was handed this case a few weeks ago by a Barrister when I went for Summary Judgement against HFC the Judge decided the case required a hearing and I wasnt given the opportunity to declare my well prepared speech showing how the case was doomed.

I to am interested and will try to contribute Restons have responded to my Witness statement by saying that the DN issued did not constitute enforcement under the meaning of section 78(1) my particular case mimmicks others hear in that the DN is faulty by a number of days and also has the usual faults for charges etc. My full hearing has been set for Dec so I might be in the forefront of having to fight this particular argument.

Steve

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

sorry to jump on this excellent and very informative thread, but could someone please advise me on this..

I have a CC debt where the OC issued an invalid DN but no Termination..then they sold the debt on to a DCA..they now 3 years later..have issued me with a Statutory demand..

do I accept the termination of agreement now? as to demand the full amount must mean they have terminated on the strength of the original defective default notice..

I know that I have to get the SD set aside and I am dealing with that thanks to everyone on here..but i'm wondering if the demand is classed as an unlawfull termination..

thanks..Johnny

sorry to jump on this excellent and very informative thread, but could someone please advise me on this..

I have a CC debt where the OC issued an invalid DN but no Termination..then they sold the debt on to a DCA..they now 3 years later..have issued me with a Statutory demand..

do I accept the termination of agreement now? as to demand the full amount must mean they have terminated on the strength of the original defective default notice..

I know that I have to get the SD set aside and I am dealing with that thanks to everyone on here..but i'm wondering if the demand is classed as an unlawfull termination..

thanks..Johnny

Termination occurred at the point the debt was assigned. The SD can be set aside on the strength that the account has been terminated along with the rights and obligations of both parties. Those obligations include making payments to the account.

thanks for the reply..

so I just get the SD set aside and do nothing more?

thanks...Johnny

Yes, fight the set aside by arguing the agreement was terminated unlawfully and therefore no sums are due.

If the DN was faulty and they sold the debt on on the strength of that DN then they terminated unlawfully. A creditor only becomes entitled to terminate and claim any sums due after serving a valid DN. Without that valid DN the creditor cannot enjoy the benefits of s87.

I would be happy with that for now.

Once you bloody their nose I doubt they will be back for more.

if there is a clause in the agreement allowing the creditor to sell the account- by what authority do you say that a debt which is sold to by the creditor- is then automatically terminated? where in the original agreement does it say that upon such a sale the agreement terminates?

An unlawful termination would only occur in such circumstances (IMO) if the person or company to whom the asset (for it IS an asset) was not properly licenced or capable of carrying on the same obligations as the original creditor.

based on your statement- you are saying that once a creditor sells an agreement- it ceases to be an asset!

thanks for the reply diddydicky,

I sent them a request for a copy of the agreement, but they have not complied.. I do have the original invalid DN and LOA, and I thought as they had sent me a SD, that this would mean the agreement was terminated and that I should send them a letter accepting their termination..

would you agree with that or am I on the wrong trail?

thanks...Johnny

yes s SD would indicate termination since they demand that which is not lawfully due- and in fact a SD should not be served on a (geunuiely) disputed account so you need to remedy that situation as suggested

i was merely correcting (as i saw it) the assertion that a debt becomes terminated by virtue of it being sold rather than on the back of the defective DN

just wanted to clear that up

your debt was unlawfully terminated on the back of a faulty DN as i read it

im not that experienced on set asides to be honest but i would suspect as with any proposition you put to a court- you should have any appropriate case law to back up your proposition where you can

judges are not expert in every field and need guidance and pointing in the right direction

Hi JBG,

Presumably they have demanded the full balance on the Stat Demand? If so they have effectively terminated. Have they previously demanded the full balance, if so, when?

Did you make a formal CCA request for the agreement? If so, when? If not, you need to do so. I'd send a Subject Access Request too, if there's likely to be default charges of any significant amount on the account. This would need to go to the original company.

Regardless of repudiatory breach, without a valid DN, they *cannot* proceed further, ie demand full payment or enforce in Court. Since they have demanded full balance they have now terminated and cannot issue another DN.

*Not all judges are aware of / abide by this, however so you need to strongly state your case.

thanks for that..

I got the SD and then i sent them a CCA request with £1 postal order..

If they have 12+2 working days..they wont comply in time for me to apply for the set aside..

however i'm sure it is their responsiblity to have the docs before litigation

just trying to word the set aside now..

Johnny

Hi JBG,

This thread might be useful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162131-Statutory-Demands-and-Service-By-Post

also, there will be a named person on the stat demand with a phone number to ring them.

If you cannot get in touch with this person, the demand is invalid.

Try to phone this person. Often they are unavailable. If they do answer, simply ask when they will be supplying the copy of the agreement. Tell them that you will be disputing the SD with costs. DO NOT enter into ny other discussion with them, state that's all you're prepared to say on the phone, and hang up.

You need to stress in your set aside that they do not have a right of action as they have not issued a compliant Default Notice. Might be best to start a new thread in Legal Issues ..call it Urgent help needed to Set Aside stat demand, or similar. Put a link to it on here. You might need to hit the red triangle to get help from the site team. Don't send in your set aside till it's been checked.

Have to go now but good luck with it.

Elsa X

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks