• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Invalid Default Notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today's Update -the influence of the CRAs seems to be kicking in. I've had a response from the bank whose only reply to me has been to resend a copy of the application form (there is no agreement). They say they will look into my complaint about the default and get back to me in the next 28 days. At least I now have a contact person and a ref now. The bank which removed the defaults and initially offered £100 have also written and the question of compensation is being looked at. They will also reply in 28 days. Seems they all need at least 4 weeks to do anything! :lol: That leaves the bank that won't speak to me but I am happy to leave them to the CRAs -for now.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank you pinky for your quiet determination and allowing us to follow your journeys - its fab

keep up the good work, hope you enjoyed the icecream

we have horrible weather today

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

thank you pinky for your quiet determination and allowing us to follow your journeys - its fab

keep up the good work, hope you enjoyed the icecream

we have horrible weather today

laters angel x

Thanks for the update angel - it's grey here with the prospect of brightening up:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Pinky I am at the same point considering FOS, OFT and trading standards rather than the courts. My thinking being that if I can stop the endless stream of contact that is me happy. I will use your approach as not one of my agreements exists it seems and all default notices are invalid. From what I have picked up on this site OFT should be able to act against them for trying to collect a debt.

'We note your concerns that in the absence of a copy of the original agreement someone's liability for a debt can only lead to further query. However in circumstances like this we would view it is as unfair practice under section 25(2) (d) of the Act and relevant to licence fitness if a trader failed to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate when a debt is queried or disputed.'

Anyway it will be interesting to see what comes back from the 3 organisations.

Edited by 300
Crossing out the t's

The FOS is no use to me. They do not decide on points of law and an invalid DN is a legal matter. I've been through the FOS about unenforceable agreements and it was a total waste of time. In addition they took 14 months to make a final decision. I will report these banks to the OFT once things are finanlised but this is way above anything TS would deal with. I may need a direct order to the two banks to remove the default entries.

The FOS is no use to me. They do not decide on points of law and an invalid DN is a legal matter. I've been through the FOS about unenforceable agreements and it was a total waste of time. In addition they took 14 months to make a final decision. I will report these banks to the OFT once things are finanlised but this is way above anything TS would deal with. I may need a direct order to the two banks to remove the default entries.

Got a hunch that's the way I'm headed!

Pinky,

Are you doing this all yourself or are you using a solicitor?

I'm in the same boat regarding Defaults placed on my file even though both DNs are totally invalid, and with the telephone harassment by the Bank at fever pitch (up to 15 calls per day) I dont know if I can start legal action by myself..I just dont know enough about it.

Cant seem to find a solicitor that will help me take the Bank on though, as I am eligible for Legal Aid, they just wont touch it. Soooo frustrating, as I'm sure on the telephone harassment alone I have a case :(

Have appointment to see an adviser at the CAB on wednesday but I'm not really sure they will be able to help either. I just feel like giving up, changing my number and letting them take me to court, get CCJs and pay them at £1.00 per month for the rest of my life :(

Any help or advice much appreciated..as TS/OFT/FOS just seem totally useless in this situation.

Han x

• If Wishes Were Horses...
  • Hannahbtw Vs Woolwich ~settled in full! £2248.87~8/6/07
  • Hannahbtw's OH Vs Natwest~ settled in full! £2155.35~5/7/07

Trouble with the courts is the judges in my experience. They can at any point decide to allow full charges against you even when you thought you had a small claim, they do not even need a reason, just don't like the look of you seems to be enough. I managed to avoid the costs but others might not be so lucky. Going to try the FOS just because they will charge the banks £500 a shot regardless of the outcome and one of the public school barristers I met recently thought it was a disgrace, worth doing for that reason alone;¬). I will also try the new harassment laws on the OFT and trading standards also, it might make them stop sending letters. change your phone number and go ex directory after carefully recording a few weeks calls. My thinking is make them do the work if the agreement is not enforceable they will not go to court, if it is all the interest and fees added will come to nothing as they have not provided a true copy.

Edited by 300
Doing the right thing

I'm not being harrassed - none of these banks are pursuing me for these debts and haven't for quite some time(they know that I know they have no enforceable agreements). My sole interest in this is to get them to remove the defaults. They sent invalid DN's, terminated the accounts and thus caused unlawful rescission. The entered defaults AFTER the accounts had been rescinded so they had no right to process my personal data at the time they did.

Failure of a default notice to be accurate not only invalidates the default notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain and Co - [2001] GCCR 2255) but is a unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the court enforcing any alleged debt, but gives rise to a counter claim for damages Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119

I have not consulted a solicitor and am doing this on my own. I expect it to be some time yet before I need to take them to court.

Cool Pinky, well one letter every 3 weeks is not so bad I suppose, accounts not been in dispute as long as you. Watching with interest your counter claim. I did my recent PPI claim on my own stick to your guns, the judge was in league with the barrister he gave an over blown you have no chance go and talk with the barrister afterwards to avoid huge costs or else. Then after I did the deal he found in the judgment I did have a case...he had carefully covered himself by saying ever so quietly you should of course see a solicitor. Still their requirement that I agree not to go to the FOS was against the rules so it is with them now - I know it takes 12 months but for PPI there is an 80% success rate and my case is bomb proof as they previously made an out of court settlement.

I have had a response to my SAR from the bank who won't talk to me. There is not much in it. I have today written to the man who won't speak to me's boss asking for copies of the DN's and Termination Notices for both the accounts. I have one DN and the dates of both terminations - God knows where I put the other DN. I know the date on it and the date of the termination so there's no problem is he isn't speaking too! They will have to produce them in court.

I am now aiming off for the end of July for proceedings. I have decided on Small Claims because it is easier. I am not going to take the risk of paying legal fees if I were unsuccessful at Summary or Ordinary Cause (Scotland), neither of which I could do without a solicitor. So including the CRAs it will be a total of 12 claims. Ha! the Sheriff is going to love me! :lol:

Subscribing to gain more knowledge in order to annoy capital one even more over their dodgy DN, especially ER, who has decided that she doesn't want to talk to me anymore - thats the case we cant resolve my dispute!

Beachy

I've had a PM from someone asking for copies of my letters as they want to raise the same case as me with their creditor. First of all, I don't give info in PMs. Anything I have that might be of benefit to all will be posted on here so everyone who wants to can read it. Secondly, I do not know for now whether my letters have had any effect on my case and I won't be copying them on here until that is know for sure. So far everyhting is up in the air whilst the banks decide what they are going to do. Thirdly, I don't know who might be Pming me - there are always quite a few guests about.

I promise if I am successful I will copy my letters on here for all to see.

WTWT,

Surely they have to wait as they have given you 14 days in order to remedy the breach. If there are no 14 days because they have terminated the agreement you cannot remedy in time and AIUI they then lose the right to obtain early repayment and it is an unlawful rescission of contract.

They have only had 30 odd years to get it right.

How much would people have saved in the past had CAG existed in say 1981?

GK

Hi GTP how are you?

generally speaking it is not a good idea to challenge a defective DN - since although a second DN cannot rectify it after termination it CAN rectify it before the time limit is up- always best to stay quiet!

clearly the termination should not take place before the time given to rectify but some lenders do and rejoice if they do because this is the BEST outcome with a DN (faulty or not)

technically you do not have to wait for the termination notice- once the time they gave you to comply is up you have the right to believe that what they threatened to do has actually happened- although having said that it does not hurt to just sit and do nothing - there is no hurry if you know the DN is defective

you should ALWAYS keep ALL envelopes that DN's are sent in and staple them to the letter.

hope this helps

Hi GTP how are you?

generally speaking it is not a good idea to challenge a defective DN - since although a second DN cannot rectify it after termination it CAN rectify it before the time limit is up- always best to stay quiet!

clearly the termination should not take place before the time given to rectify but some lenders do and rejoice if they do because this is the BEST outcome with a DN (faulty or not)

technically you do not have to wait for the termination notice- once the time they gave you to comply is up you have the right to believe that what they threatened to do has actually happened- although having said that it does not hurt to just sit and do nothing - there is no hurry if you know the DN is defective

I'm not sure I'd trust them to follow on from what they say will happen in a DN if you are intending on relying on it with any argument you may make in the future.

The things they quote that can happen on a notice (default, early repayment, termination etc) are all options to them, not a given. If you just trust that they have terminated simply because it's one of the things stated you may come up a cropper. Lloyds defaulted me about 2 years ago, but to date have not recorded this on my credit file (they have terminated though - woohoo, best of both worlds:D)

I'd go with your second option and do nothing until they request full balance or set in writing that termination has taken effect.

you should ALWAYS keep ALL envelopes that DN's are sent in and staple them to the letter. Absolutely! Has anyone managed to work out the orange barcodes yet? Do they give posting date info?

hope this helps

:)

Hey Beachy:)

Pretty much as GKTP and diddydicky were saying - they've lost all rights to the balance and can only claim the arrears shown on the DN (assuming the arrears did not contain charges, otherwise they're stuffed on them too).

As long as the DN is properly ineffective (ie not enough remedy time, arrears reasonably wrong, no breach shown, that sort of thing) and not just dodgy due to the form, then they've not got a leg to stand on. If it is just set out incorrectly, although this would technically invalidate it AFAIK, I doubt it would be a deal-breaker if you got to court with it.

That however is as far as I go, and then I get a bit stumped. BRW suggests waiting until they issue proceedings, then bring up the DN/termination combo in court to bring things to a swift close. This is no good for us as I need things done more quickly, and am a complete wuss so would like to avoid court at all costs:)

Personally my tack is likely to be to use it as a bargaining tool for a f+f offer, or in some cases a write off if I can. Either way I will be going for removal of markers on both our credit files in with my offers:)

Is it clear cut and case law that a defective dn cant be over ruled after termination by a sympathetic creditor friendly judge,?

Ie if not enough days to remedy, could a judge over rule that or could the creditor worm his way out of it on a technicality if all the other docs are valid and correct, or is it pretty clear cut dodgy dn = only arrears on the DN recovarable ,?

Could the creditor argue it was a typo error re dates etc and get a judge to show sympathy to them and still rule in their favour?

Weve all seen judges go in favour of claimants even when defective cca"s :confused:

are defective DN"s atill prone to the ignorant judges or are they easier to defend than a dodgy cca?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks