Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did make a mistake and make two payments to them thinking it was an old visa card. I owed money on this and thought well I best make payments, but it turned out to be a loan that I was swindled with and then I found this site and released that they are cowboys, so I asked for the text messages and phone calls to end, I still get a letter every so often and a call in which I ask for proof of details that the loan and documents where signed by me, They first said they can not get the documents as the loan was sold to another loan company before being sold to them (this was some time mid 2006) and I got a call about 3 weeks ago asking why I made payments on the account and I explained that I was under the impression that it was for a visa card (the usual conversation) and really please can I have my £200 back – they said no. Again I asked for proof that the loan was mine and they said they will send it in 4-6 weeks and then once I have checked it they will demand all the payment in one, I have a feeling that it will not turn up…

So I do not feel they have the document to prove the loan was mine and they will just keep sending cards and letters, if they had proof or a legal leg to stand on they would have taken me to court by now as the last payment was in July last year, they are full of wind and should be shut down with there rude, ignorant, lying staff threatening people when they know they have not a legal leg to stand on.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did make a mistake and make two payments to them thinking it was an old visa card. I owed money on this and thought well I best make payments, but it turned out to be a loan that I was swindled with and then I found this site and released that they are cowboys, so I asked for the text messages and phone calls to end, I still get a letter every so often and a call in which I ask for proof of details that the loan and documents where signed by me, They first said they can not get the documents as the loan was sold to another loan company before being sold to them (this was some time mid 2006) and I got a call about 3 weeks ago asking why I made payments on the account and I explained that I was under the impression that it was for a visa card (the usual conversation) and really please can I have my £200 back – they said no. Again I asked for proof that the loan was mine and they said they will send it in 4-6 weeks and then once I have checked it they will demand all the payment in one, I have a feeling that it will not turn up…

So I do not feel they have the document to prove the loan was mine and they will just keep sending cards and letters, if they had proof or a legal leg to stand on they would have taken me to court by now as the last payment was in July last year, they are full of wind and should be shut down with there rude, ignorant, lying staff threatening people when they know they have not a legal leg to stand on.

Send them a CCA letter plus the harrasment one from the templates. Also ask for a copy of their complaints procedure and lodge an official complaint with them an Ayshire Trading Standards.

My partner has just had yet another letter ( demand for payment) from MH. Local trading standards don't seem too interested & just advised her to reply saying she knows nothing of the debt as she has done again in the usual manner, still not had any reply yet. What I've started doing,( I don't care for any legalities in this) is to print a load of envelopes, marked "payment enclosed" & addressed to M H & posting them, oh! I forgot to put postage stamps on them. If M H read this, they will know it was me, but hey who cares, I feel better knowing that they have had to pay the postage on all these envelopes for no gain. You might condem my actions, but I say " fight fire with fire"... Rolodog.

Well I did receive a reply from them from a different email tho', from a George Cross - [email protected] they have real imagination when it comes to pseudonyms, IIRC George Cross is on Kilmarnock Road, Glasgow where their offices are.

Anyway their reply was:

"I cannot access the information with the reference you have provided.Therefore i cannot investigate this matter unless you could provide me with some further information i.e your name and date of birth ? "

I had already reported them to the FO, so fired this back at them...

"Obviously it was a naive attempt on your part to try and coerce me into contacting you & providing information! The old 'wrong reference number' [problem] is well documented :-)

It seems you've quite a reputation, see following links;

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

I suggest you retrain your monkeys or at the very least upgrade to Neanderthals!

I have now put the matter in the hands of the Financial Ombudsman Service, if you contact them quoting ref: *******/CC/CCHR I am sure they will be more than willing to discuss the matter with you. Particularly as they & the Office of Fair Trading are already investigating you and your cohorts!"

I wonder how they'll respond? :grin:

These McKenzie Hall cowboys really are little tinkers:)

It seems that they aren't registered at Company House, nor more importantly, are they registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as required under the Data Protection Act.

Seemingly because they hold our data (right or wrong) they should be on the Data Protection Public Register.

So, if anyone would like to make an official complaint against them, you can download the forms at

ICO – Information Commissioner's Office

:grin: :grin:

I've just received an interesting email from Ayrshire Trading Standards;

"Thank you for your recent e-mail concerning Mackenzie Hall.

Mackenzie Hall is a debt collection company which is licensed by the

Office of Fair Trading. The Office of Fair Trading has issued guidelines

for debt collectors which covers many aspects of the way they conduct

their business. The guidelines are intended to discourage the type of

behaviour the Office of Fair Trading considers to fall within the

category of unfair business practice. The guidelines can be accessed via

their website at

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/50F06527-9FC5-4610-B385-999D6E2A8950/0/oft664.pdf

At present the Office of Fair Trading is dealing with this company.

Although they will not deal with individual complaints they are

monitoring the company and will take account of the number and type of

complaints received in determining whether any action is required. I

would be obliged if you would also forward details of your complaint

together with copies of correspondence to The Office of Fair Trading at

the following address. "

Office of Fair Trading

Regulatory Section

Fleetbank House

2/6 Salisbury square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Regards,

Alan Stewart

Enforcement Officer

Trading Standards Service

14 London Road

Kilmarnock

KA3 7AF

Tel: 01563 554386

Fax: 01563 554379

Greetings Debt dogers!

I am researching debt in our society as part of a module at Uni. I would like to express my opinion on whats been posted as im quite disgusted at what ive read.

First of all, I am keen to see stat barred law will change and a part on concealment will come into force for all those who run up the debt and move on and ignore the debt. I read about the methods used by DCA's and its all negative but the truth is that these companies would not be in existence if people like most of yourselves would just pay their debt.

Stop using excuses and puting the blame on DCA's for the debt YOU ran up and never paid.

Lets just say that for example you debt dodging moaners loaned a friend money and then never heard from the person in years you would still want the money back and not take any silly excuse for not being paid back!

I personally have no bad debt and this is through effective self management but im not going to blow my own trumpet here. You are all so keen to evade paying your debt that you will search the web and look for excuses to save you digging into your own pocket. Its quite sad that the law does favour the ungrateful debtor these days but hopefully that will change. I for one hope that all you debt dodgers get your just deserts in one way or another.

Its scandalous that you dodgers get away with it and then blame the DCA's for chasing you up.

The fact of the matter or even the priciple should be that if you borrow or owe then you must repay.

[problematic] and lowlife!

Mr Gentleman, seemingly you are reading these threads with blinkers.

The majority of people's main complaint is the underhand & sometimes illegal methods employed by some DCAs. They are known to try an extract payments on non existent debts from the vunerable & or their relatives!

Legislations were put in place in order to protect such people. Similarly. The Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Ombudsman & Trading standards were instigated to police the aforesaid legislations.

Now if you & no doubt peers object to the 'Laws of the land' the answer is simple, lobby your MP into trying to have the present legislation changed or start your own e-petition on the Prime Ministers website Introduction to e-petitions I would be extremly interested to see how many people sign it!

Greetings Debt dogers!

I am researching debt in our society as part of a module at Uni. I would like to express my opinion on whats been posted as im quite disgusted at what ive read.

First of all, I am keen to see stat barred law will change and a part on concealment will come into force for all those who run up the debt and move on and ignore the debt. I read about the methods used by DCA's and its all negative but the truth is that these companies would not be in existence if people like most of yourselves would just pay their debt.

Stop using excuses and puting the blame on DCA's for the debt YOU ran up and never paid.

Lets just say that for example you debt dodging moaners loaned a friend money and then never heard from the person in years you would still want the money back and not take any silly excuse for not being paid back!

I personally have no bad debt and this is through effective self management but im not going to blow my own trumpet here. You are all so keen to evade paying your debt that you will search the web and look for excuses to save you digging into your own pocket. Its quite sad that the law does favour the ungrateful debtor these days but hopefully that will change. I for one hope that all you debt dodgers get your just deserts in one way or another.

Its scandalous that you dodgers get away with it and then blame the DCA's for chasing you up.

The fact of the matter or even the priciple should be that if you borrow or owe then you must repay.

[problematic] and lowlife!

What's wrong W anchor no spell checker at your DCA. Or do we make you angry because we have seen through your illegalities

Our soap-dodging student demonstrates how our higher education system has declined over the last few years. Not only is it no longer necessary to be literate to study, it now seems that an open mind to is required for research. Perhaps he's working part time at a DCA, and has fallen for their drivel - the naiveté of youth!

*cough* Troll *cough*

I didn't know that DCA's sent their call centre numpties to uni - I know I'd spot one at my campus a mile off - it's the whole knuckles dragging on the floor and beating their chests that gives them away ;)

Hi Peeps :-)

Ive visited 3 or 4 forums today with literally hundreds of posts regarding this company. I too have recived several letters claiming that i owe them x amount of money (bizzarely this amount always seems to change) anyway i urge you all to contact BBC's Watchdog programe.. if enough of us tell them about it im sure they would investigate them... anyway here are is the link...

BBC - Consumer - TV and radio - TV and radio

Lets all join together and show the whole of the UK what utter Bas£@£$s this company really are :T

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

My mum recently received a call from an unknown caller who was looking for me. She would only give her first name and wouldn't discuss this "personal" issue with anyone but me. She left a number which my mum passed on and after a little research it quickly became apparent that it was J2 solutions.

I can only think of one outstanding debt owing:- a £600 student barclaycard accrued about 6/7+ years ago. A few months ago, after having foolishly applied for a credit card (reasons below) i received a "red letter" similar to the ones that have been described elsewhere on this site and i so called the number. I did so because i thought that now they had my address it had all caught up with me ans so i should face it head-on.

I gave them no further details during the conversation but did mutter something along the lines of paying it back in instalments. Since then i have had no further communication from them in anyway and vice versa.

I'm certain i have no other outstanding debts - except for my student loan, which i am paying off each month - but can't understand why a company that had confirmed my address only 6 months ago would now seek to "trace" me by calling my mother.

I have four questions in relation to this:

1) I'm almost certain that the 6 years had passed but am not 100% about that. If it did pass, then, as i understand it, it doesn't matter what i said because it's too late. If the 6 years hadn't passed does that conversation legally constitute an agreement to pay?

There are mixed messages dotted around the site so would like some clarification.

2) Why would a company who had received a call from me 6 or so months ago begin the "tracing" process again? Have they lost the record of that previous conversation. In short, how should i view this development, what can it mean?

3) I am shortly going abroad for some time and i wanted to get a credit card (only for emergencies, i NEVER want to be in debt again!). My guess is now that a) because this is still outstanding i will be refused any credit and b) that as soon as i apply my details will be easily "traced", causing me no end of problems before i go. Is this correct?

Any and all sound advice will be very, very gratefully received. As we all know, it's the gnawing, nagging doubts that are truly the debtor's burden.

Thanks guys,

A

Hello All,

My mum recently received a call from an unknown caller who was looking for me. She would only give her first name and wouldn't discuss this "personal" issue with anyone but me. She left a number which my mum passed on and after a little research it quickly became apparent that it was J2 solutions.

I can only think of one outstanding debt owing:- a £600 student barclaycard accrued about 6/7+ years ago. A few months ago, after having foolishly applied for a credit card (reasons below) i received a "red letter" similar to the ones that have been described elsewhere on this site and i so called the number. I did so because i thought that now they had my address it had all caught up with me ans so i should face it head-on.

I gave them no further details during the conversation but did mutter something along the lines of paying it back in instalments. Since then i have had no further communication from them in anyway and vice versa.

I'm certain i have no other outstanding debts - except for my student loan, which i am paying off each month - but can't understand why a company that had confirmed my address only 6 months ago would now seek to "trace" me by calling my mother.

I have four questions in relation to this:

1) I'm almost certain that the 6 years had passed but am not 100% about that. If it did pass, then, as i understand it, it doesn't matter what i said because it's too late. If the 6 years hadn't passed does that conversation legally constitute an agreement to pay?

There are mixed messages dotted around the site so would like some clarification. As long as you have made no payments or made no witten acknowledgement of the debt within 6 yrs then its Statute Barred

2) Why would a company who had received a call from me 6 or so months ago begin the "tracing" process again? Have they lost the record of that previous conversation. In short, how should i view this development, what can it mean? Its just DCA speak to try to scare you and make you think they are more professional than they are

3) I am shortly going abroad for some time and i wanted to get a credit card (only for emergencies, i NEVER want to be in debt again!). My guess is now that a) because this is still outstanding i will be refused any credit and b) that as soon as i apply my details will be easily "traced", causing me no end of problems before i go. Is this correct? Apply to your own Bank if No default is registered on your credit file you should be okay. If there was a judgement against you six years ago it would have fallen off your credit file by now. The DCA have you address now anyway

Any and all sound advice will be very, very gratefully received. As we all know, it's the gnawing, nagging doubts that are truly the debtor's burden.

Thanks guys,

A

If you get any letters from J2 send them a CCA letter and make them prove the debt. NEVER SPEAK to them on tghe phone

Quote " 3) I am shortly going abroad for some time and i wanted to get a credit card (only for emergencies, i NEVER want to be in debt again!). My guess is now that a) because this is still outstanding i will be refused any credit and b) that as soon as i apply my details will be easily "traced", causing me no end of problems before i go. Is this correct? Apply to your own Bank if No default is registered on your credit file you should be okay. If there was a judgement against you six years ago it would have fallen off your credit file by now. The DCA have you address now anyway" Quote:

Why not get a prepaid credit card?

You load the card with money before you use it so you cannot over spend, plus you can leave a reload card with family and they can put cash on it at the post office which you will have availible in 2 working days if you ever run out of money.

Cashplus do a mastercard which is accepted everwhere mastercard is accepted and you can use atms etc.

There is a charge though (about £1 per month depending on useage) but its alot better than 28% interest.

I got one when I cut all my other cards up and use it for petrol etc.

It works well for me but each to their own.

Regards

Santos

PS. no credit checks are carried out

• 4 weeks later...

I recieved a letter from these idiots this morning, ofcourse i didnt know that it was best not to call them but I did hide my phone number fromthem with the 141 in front, I asked them what it was about. THey said that I owed £45.48 to a company called Peoples Phone, at my old address that I left over 8 yrs ago. I remember having a phone from this company, not long after moving into that old address which made it about 11-12 yrs ago. I know for certain that I never had a debt with this company, I always paid my bills on time in person at the shop. I had many probems with the phone and when the 12 month contract was up, I never renewed it, this particualr shop closed down not long afterwards. I told this snotty woman that I owe this company nothing at all, she went on to say that Peoples Phone had instructed them to chase the debt, I told her that as it was past the 6 year period, hey wouldnt be able to chase meif I had owed it but as i didnt they have no case. She said that if i couls send her proof of not owing it, she would cancel the debt. How the hell could i do that!!! I told her that i dont keep bills for 11-12 yrs, she said that if i thought the amount owing was wrong, to go to the police and report a fraud, i told her that they would laugh at me.

I asked her to send me proof of the debt, she then asked me what dort of proof i would like (was she really that thick) i told her proof by post and i would consult a solicitor and et back to them (as if).

I know I dont owe this money and I have no intention of paying it, I told them i would report them to trading standards and see what they thought, she went quiet.

WHy are these people alowed to get away with this sort of extortion!!!!:mad:

MH as you have probably now discovered are bottom feeders. The are one of the less professional DCAs and thats me being polite. If you are certain you have not paid anything withing the last six years then the debt is Statute Barred and there is sweet FA that MH can do about that. Obviously because you got the phone monkey away from their prepared script they got a tad confused. Its not up to you to prove you dont owe the money but up to them to prove you do. Forget about them. If they continue to hassle you report them to Trading Standards who have an ever growing file on the shoddy practices of this bunch of shylocks. Im glad to see you stood your ground and werent intimidated by them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks