Me v's Capital One :o)

jdonaldson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just an update on my posts from sending 2 letters to crap 1.one to their legal dept. and the other to crap 1 in general.details of the letter can be seen in previous threads.and by the way ,as for that rude lady from crap 1 telling you she has never heard of robert udy,he must be a ghost then ,as the letter of reply i received today,is from him.

dear -------

thank you for writing to us again about the calls you have received.

It,s going to take a while to look into your situation and come back with a detailed response.We,ll do everything we can to get an answer to you within four weeks of this letter.

If for some reason our investigations take longer than four weeks,we,ll contact you to tell you why this is.

Thank you very much for being patient while we collect the information we need.

Yours sincerely

robert udy

executive office manager.

thanks again to stonelaughter with his help in writing the previous letter,s ,as i will not hesitate to carry out reporting them for harassment if i receive any more calls(which i have not ,since sending the reply letter to the retired mr lee powell.thanks for that information whistleblowing fairy)

c j donaldson,if they do contact you again by telephone,report them to the appropriate authorities.the more of us who do this ,the better,as they are nothing but bullies

maggie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry for asking this - I know the info msut be about but my head is away with all the stress of bl**dy Captial One today!

I have read the FAQ and was about to send the letter before action from the templates for credit cards - after rereading the stuff I realsie I should send the letter requesting the charges be refunded. The one in te template libraries are for banks and refer to accounts. Is it ok to keep the working of accounts in this for a credit card?

Sorry for probably posting soemthing obvious I jsut want to make sure I get this right!!

Many Thanks :)

What I would do is just pop in replacement words where appropriate...

"...charges in relation to late payments and so on..." etc etc etc. However, referring to a credit card as "an account" is fine - just make the letter read sensibly for credit cards.

Robert Udy isn't a ghost, he's a manager of the department that has nothing to do with chasing payments, but still he's a pretty important manager, so I'm shocked that someone said they didn't know him! as far as senior managers go, he's quite nice.

As for that phone call you received, and i work for crap.1, that's appalling!!!!!!

UPDATE=

about to post my DPA letter this morning to crap 1,had the shock of my life opening post this morning.They have refunded £200.00 into my account,as a gesture of goodwill,and i haven,t even asked for anything back yet.!!!!!!!

this is a consequence of the 2 letters i sent to crap 1 ,advising them of their intent to commit a criminal offence,if they continued calling me.(see previous threads.)

I am still going to send DPA letter this morning,as they have only paid me back,£8.00 of each charge,as they state,in line with the OFT report on fees.

Thank you very much Stonelaughter for your help in composing my letters to them.You really helped me a lot.

having read thru letter today properly,they have offered to refund me £200.00,IF i sign acceptance form ,and return it.

Should i send letter asking for full amount,even though i haven,t even sent my DPA requst yet.will wait for someone,s reply to this,before i do.

just posted DPA request by recorded delivery.will reply to their letter of offer of money(maybe it,s some form of bribe,not to inform oft,as i have letter saying they are prepared to commit a crime by continuing to call me?)will keep you posted.

When you receive unpleasant calls from these people just imagine they are snivelling little clerks hunched over a ledger with a broken quill, dripping ink all over their lunch, peering through little piggy spectacles perched on their hooked little noses with dewdrops on the end. Picture them as snidey weasels with absolutely no authority over you and no right to presume to speak to you at all, never mind in an offhand way. Keep a referee's whistle by the phone and blow it very loudly into the mouthpiece after a suitably irritating pause of ten seconds or so.

Sorry, forgot to put 'allegedly'.

Also, you shouldn't really blow loud whistles down phones at people in case you deafen them and they try to sue you or have you put in prison. Even if you pretend there was no whistle and it must have been a fault on the phone line, deny you were ever in the house at the time and tell them someone else must have answered the phone but you don't know who it was and took the precaution of not speaking at all when answering the phone in case the call was being recorded and they analyse your voice pattern to prove it was you.

Or something....

Another day another phone call!

Well to my disbelief...the phone rings - can I speak to ...

I asked who it was -Capital one came the cheery reply, and I was asked to go through my security details...I said one moment please. Took several deep breaths to compse myself then...

Informed the lady that I had written to them explaining that if I receied any further phone calls I would be calling police to let them know of the harrasment and law breaking..

A rather nervous reply came of erm, yes I am jsut looking through your account and I can see the youe phone numbers have been removed and an email has been sent to the various departments and erm I am sorry...*phone hung up by capital one'

still waiting a reply for my letter I posted earlier in the week..actually I will post it below for your info :)

Dear Mr Udy

I am writing regarding the previous complaint I made to you about the phone calls I was receiving.

You replied to me on 13th April 2006 stating that you would remove both my mobile and home telephone number from your systems and any further correspondence would be in writing.

At 17.08 today I received a call from Lea in your collections department insisting that I made a payment of £250 right now. I explained that I was not meant to be receiving any calls from Capital One, and that any issues or requests should be put in writing to me. She carried on the conversation ignoring this request. I went and got your letter and read out the statement to her, she said she had never heard of you.

The conversation went on with me continuing to tell her that I did not want to have any further conversation regarding this on the phone, she kept insisting I carried it on. I explained that I had missed a payment 2 months ago – but made the recent payment of £50 in June and another one would be made as per the agreement in July. I had recently received a letter from the department stating I was over the limit (I know this) and saying I needed to make a payment of £0 now. I took this letter to mean I had to make the normal £50 payments I have been making and nothing further. Lea choose to disagree with this saying if I did not make the £250 payment now I would be in default of my agreement etc. I said I was terminating the call, and that I was not agreeing to anything over the phone and she would need to send any information out to me in writing.

I am shocked and appalled that you have lied to me about the matter of my phone number. You clearly stated that they had both been removed, and this was simply not true. Because of the way I have been treated today by Lea, I have no choice but to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

If I receive any further calls from Capital One it will result in me calling the Police and reporting you for Harassment under the Administration of Justice Act s.40.

I was not informed at any point in either writing or by phone that the agreement that I received from Greg Pye on 14th April (Ref:XXXXX) stating that no further charges would be applied to the account was now not still standing. Another £80 in charges has been applied since this date. This makes it a pointless exercise me paying £50 a month off the balance, and makes me start to question even more the practices of your organisation. Please see attached letter dealing with the matter of charges on my account.

So it will be interesting to see there next move - have also sent them asking for my charges refunded :D

Actually feel empowered by it all now instead of afraid and frustrated!

CAPITAL ONE Amount owed £480+ interest £52.95

Prelim 10th July 06

Reply with £12 difference offer of £168 27 July 06 Replied 9th Aug 06

Another reply from them 25th Aug 06 LBA sent 9 Sept 06

Reply of last offer for £168 received 28th Sept

Finally filed court papers 4 July 2007

NATIONWIDE Amount owed £507 + interest £27.98 WON :D

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

BANK OF SCOTLAND Amount owed £275 SETTLED IN FULL

Prelim sent 14 Oct 06 Offered half refund 28th Oct 06

Sent letter refusing part payemnt 31 Oct 06

Full refund sent in a cheque from BOS on 3rd Nov 06

Fantastic mate.... well done. LOL I wish I'd been there to see that lady's face go grey when she read your file... And if your numbers have been removed and you've written to complain about that not being the case already... HOW DID SHE HAVE YOUR NUMBER?!

I really really hope you call the police and Information Commissioners Office - I REALLY do. **BEAM**

Oh, and never forget, THEY called YOU. You have absolutely NO IDEA if this IS actually Capital One and therefore you will not discuss your privately held security details. **ANYONE** could call you and say "This is Capital One". *I* could. So - hard-nosed, no security details.

lol.. I know!! I didn't get the chance to ask how she was ringing me if my numbers had been removed.

Going to wait on their reply - I have a (probably unjustified) feeling that by sending that letter with my request for charges refund both to Mr Udy at the same time I might have a good chance of getting them easier.

Have also decided to really go for it - I have been doing major burying head in sand with old credit and store cards whcih are being dealt with by payplan - going to now start on all 8 or so of these - it is scary as it means I ahve to actually look at all the stuff but think by getting the charges back I could near pay off most of them :D

Cheers for the support once again!!

Prelim 10th July 06

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

OMG!!

Phone jstu went ..

Can I speak to Joanna please?

me: Who is speaking please

Its Lea

me: from where?

From Loxley house

me:What is it about

A personal matter, is she there please?

me:yes you are speaking to her,

this is capital one

me: I would advise you that I have written to capital one regarding the harasment and I will be phoning the police if you continue with this call

we are not harrasing you, and if you do not go through our securtiy questions you will get more phone calls

me:do you want to continue with this call as I will be phoning the police after it if you do

they hang up

I am totally shocked and appauled :-/

Prelim 10th July 06

Flippin unbelievable. But - you came good!! Well done. Next time they call, let them say what they like; you've warned them now (however don't allow them to take you through security because they couild be anyone). Then actually carry through your threat and call both the Police and Trading Standards. The police will likely do nothing; they will claim it's not a matter for them. However TS will be VERY interested I think... and you can press the police by quoting the Administration of Justice Act s.40, and the other acts too - tell them that Capital One are committing criminal offences and that you want to make a formal complaint... ANYTHING to get the Police to take a statement. If they take a statement, you get a crime number... etc etc etc.

The police do act, I believe. A colleague of mine relayed a story that his wife was continually being verbally abused and harrassed by a manager. She raised a grievance but her employers did nowt so she called the police and they came and arrested the perpetrator in the workplace :lol:

The police do act, I believe. A colleague of mine relayed a story that his wife was continually being verbally abused and harrassed by a manager. She raised a grievance but her employers did nowt so she called the police and they came and arrested the perpetrator in the workplace :lol:

Well, fair enough - but I doubt that's QUITE the same as being harrassed by a major financial corporation with global offices and unlimited budgets.

And it continues once again...

Just had a call from a lady from Capital One, who originally dealt with my letter about the call complaints. She apologiesed about the further calls, said she had dealt with removing my numbers at that stage and had done so. But...

Because they have an auto-dialler system if no number is on the screen and you have ever called them it find it out from that (strange but posssibly true)

I expressed to her how upset I was about the further 3 calls I ahve receuved and she was actually very nice and sorry and is going to sort it. She said that she would be overriding the system to make sure that no further calls were received.

She did warn me this would take a day or so.

I told her how ride the other people have been to me and she did apologise again.

10 mins after her call - guess who.....?

Yep someone else from Captial one with there not so friednly happy tone as the lady I had spokent o demanding I go through security. I explained that I had jsut come off the pohne to the lady giving her name and that I would not be going through security as I was no longer be geting calls. She said that if I didn't go through the security today I would get another call tomorrow as there was nothing on the screen about it. I said no I wouldn't and hung up.

Well one positive experience of someone in capital one crushed by another intimidating rude person :(

I ahve decided if anyone else rings now I am going to ask for the person I spoke to and only speak to her and ask why I have got another call.

Prelim 10th July 06

And it continues once again...

Have you read this, particularly para 45?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/14977-reporting-harassment.html?highlight=harrassment

I think you have been more than lenient with Cap1. I think you should not discuss it with them any more, simply take action.

Elsinore

Ask them for the 96 digit PIN you gave them when you last spoke to them. Then, I know it's old but I love it, just say 'could you hold on a minute please', put the phone down and go and have a cup of tea, your dinner or eight hours' sleep.

Best of all, get a caller id thingy and never answer the phone to a withheld or unknown number.

BT offer a very good service called 'choose to refuse' it cost about £4 a month and works like this.

You get a phonecall from someone you don't want ringing you, either answer the call or ignore it if you have caller id, then you simply key in a few digits and the caller will never get through to you again! It doesn't matter if the number is witheld it will still be barred.

Well after theharrasment thread I started and said I had written to them asking for £300 odd back in charges got a reply today.

The ususal one saying they will refund the difference for the £12. So are offering me £168 back I have ot sign the letter attached which is a settlement form stating my acceptance and closure of the complaint.

Now I know I should carry on - but am tempted to take it :-/

Need some willing on to carry this on please!!!

Prelim 10th July 06

Since I ahve not sent my letter before action do I just send a letter as belown (taken form another thread) and nothing else, then if they reply not getting any more, then I send letter before action?

Cheers helpful people :D

Prelim 10th July 06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks