Aic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you go onto the OFT site and download the debt collection guidance for Unfair business practices, it clearly stipulates what you should expect to receive in terms of the CCA, and what you have received clearly does not define that.

Hi Nettles, I can't find the bit you're referring to, could you provide a link please.

Thanks.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies it wasn't the OFT I should have referred to but the Consumer Credit Act whereby the signed document has to contain certain prescribed terms. Section 127.

I have obtained so much information and paperwork over the last month regarding my own unfortunate dealings with AIC that I forgot what I read and where.

Hi Joolzy,

I think you have your thread back. :)

Clearly if what they are providing has an application date about eight years after you got the card it's dodgy.

I'm not certain exactly how I would reply without seeing exactly what they sent, but someone else here will do so.

Thank goodness it's calm here again.

DD

I would upload it but basically there's no point as all it is is just my personal details and once i've blanked all of them out there'll be nothing else to look at. It's basically just an online application report, which around about the same time I applied for online banking. There are no terms, conditions, apr rates, sigiture, nothing. Just personal details about me. So what I need to know is how to proceed next, do I send them a letter saying that what they sent isn't what I requested and stipulating exactly what it is I do need and can someone help me as to what the letter should say etc: I've seen various letters on this forum but i'm not really sure which would be best in this instance?

I would probably just write and say that what they have sent cannot relate to your original agreement because you got the card at least x years ago, and it is a copy of the alleged original signed credit agreement you require.

I had something similar with one of my cards which is part of a large group. They sent an application form without my signature, and a signature box from another completely different card application!! That was very clever, wasn't it?

I expect you will get better drafting advice than mine. :)

DD

Hi everyone, can someone help me draft a letter please, basically AIC have only provided a copy of an online application form with no signature, terms etc.This to me is not the CCA i asked for. What sort of letter do I need to send back to them? Your help would be very much appreciated.

I'd keep it short and would just write:

Dear Sirs,

Account No.. xxxxx Account in Dispute

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or anyone you claim to represent.

I have asked for a copy of my alleged original signed credit agreement which you have failed to provide. A blank copy of an online application form is not an enforceable agreement.

I would point out that a creditor is not allowed to take any action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. Clearly the lack of a properly executed credit card agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies:

You may not demand any payment on the account, and nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

You may not add any interest or further charges to the account.

You must not pass or sell the account to a third party.

You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

You may not issue any default notice related to the account.

Yours faithfully,

Sorry about the different typefaces.

DD

Hi DD, this is probably a silly question but will I need to send another £1 as they haven't provided the info I asked for in the original CCA request? Or will this be classed as a new request and the 12+2 dates etc: start again from the date they receive the above? Thanks

No, you wouldn't have to send another request if you've got proof they got the first one. AIC try to be sneaky and will no doubt try to offset the £1 against the debt. I speak from personal experience as regards AIC. If they've got the request, then it'll stay in default until (or IF) it gets fulfilled.

Hi joolzy. Add to my previous note, that if you have proof of postage/proof of cashing of CCA request, then you need to do NOTHING else.

After a while, AIC will give in (they WILL attempt to deduct that pound from the debt balance), it'll go to client, and then to other DCAs. When it does, refer them to the request from AIC, and that the client should have obtained this request from AIC by now.

No, AIC will not have passed your request to the client as the law prescribes. If other DCAs ask to you to forward a copy of the CCA request sent to AIC onto them, refuse point-blank. AIC know the law, what they're required to do, and if they haven't, then that's not your problem.

Formal complaints should of course be made - to all parties concerned (FOS, OFT, etc).

Please see attached delightful letter I received yesterday from AIC. I sent them the letter that DD suggested disputing the so called CCA they sent me. Please see earlier post from DD. They received and signed for this on the 11 june, coincidentally the attached letter from them is also dated the11th June. The bit that makes me laugh is the bit about if you're in financial difficulties call them to discuss other options. So far from them I've been told "we don't do payment proposals as we don't trust you to pay it" (yes they actually said that). We're taking "action" against you if you don't pay the full amount. The we've received no response to previous request. erm..............what about the letters that you've signed for over the last few months. Anyway any advice as to what response I should make?

aic.PDF

ASs long as you ahve prooof that they ahve recived letters from you tan that can hardly refute your lack of comms - keep tracking recipts and print off tracking/recipt confirmation from RM's website too.

ffrom my (limited by some on heres!) experience of DCA's thay just reply with a standard "form" typ letter unless you actually pay them off or if you pay them some they use it as leverage to get more off you. stick to your guns!

Please see attached delightful letter I received yesterday from AIC. I sent them the letter that DD suggested disputing the so called CCA they sent me. Please see earlier post from DD. They received and signed for this on the 11 june, coincidentally the attached letter from them is also dated the11th June. The bit that makes me laugh is the bit about if you're in financial difficulties call them to discuss other options. So far from them I've been told "we don't do payment proposals as we don't trust you to pay it" (yes they actually said that). We're taking "action" against you if you don't pay the full amount. The we've received no response to previous request. erm..............what about the letters that you've signed for over the last few months. Anyway any advice as to what response I should make?

Idiots, absolute bloody idiots. Their spelling and grammar is atrocious for a start - an absolute disgrace for any company. "Due to", should be "Owing to" and the word "wave" should of course be "waive". I would tell them that they could "wave" goodbye to their client's money.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I think they're playing good cop bad cop now. So far this week: On Tuesday I had a letter saying I had to pay the full amount immediately or they will come round and take the shoes off my feet etc. Apparently it's going to cost me a fortune in legal fees...... Wednesday. I got a lovely text from them saying the following "Please call them with regard to an offer as a result of recent developments. (would these developments have something to do with a lack of CCA I wonder?????). Any advice all you good fellows? (obviously I will not be calling them regarding anything)

Joolzy, I see we received the identical letter on the exact same date but just with my details/outstanding balance...

AIC are total b*****cks mate... i've been fighting with them for over a year.... and they've sent this letter to an address I moved from 5 years ago and despite being in constant contact with them by letter since our first contact in August 2007 they still refuse to accept my rather fine offer of payment!

Keep us updated!

I've just sent off a letter to Natwest with copies of every single letter and proof of delivery and asking them to re-consider the debt I owed to them orignally.

I think they're playing good cop bad cop now. So far this week: On Tuesday I had a letter saying I had to pay the full amount immediately or they will come round and take the shoes off my feet etc. Apparently it's going to cost me a fortune in legal fees...... Wednesday. I got a lovely text from them saying the following "Please call them with regard to an offer as a result of recent developments. (would these developments have something to do with a lack of CCA I wonder?????). Any advice all you good fellows? (obviously I will not be calling them regarding anything)

The advice, as ever, is don't call them. NEVER talk to them on the 'phone. This is just a wheeze to get you to do just that.

Regards.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like AIC have actually bought my debt from Lloyds but they still can't provide me with a CCA, after barraging me with threatening calls and letters they've gone very quiet and seem to realise i won't be intimidated. The thing is what will happen now? if they've bought the debt they can't pass it back to Lloyds what happens to the debt? I know i've got to pay it at some point.

Hi Joolzy,

This "buying" of debts is all a bit ambiguous. When I got AIC to go away I got letters again from Amex, and then RMA, and now back with Amex. I think what the companies do is send a job lot to a DCA and the DCA says they have "bought" the debt, but if they can't get any money and give up they obviously have the option to send it back to the original creditor.

AIC make a lot of noise and cause a lot of distress to people who aren't caggers, but like almost every other DCA you can send them away. :) If you have already paid Lloyds for the CCA and they haven't provided it, they should not in any case be selling the debt on. I expect AIC will get fed up and send it back to Lloyds.

DD