Mortgage help please

Dai27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Postal orders will cost you a fortune!

Purchase value per order................Fee payable

£0 - £4.99............................................50p

£5 - £9.99 ..........................................£1.00

£10 - to maximum value of £250 ........10% of the face value - Fees capped at £10.00

Ask for over the counter paying in slips

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Postal orders will cost you a fortune!

Purchase value per order

Fee payable

£0 - £4.99

50p

£5 - £9.99

£1.00

£10 - to maximum value of £250

10% of the face value

Fees capped at £10.00

Ask them for over the counter paying in slips

Cheers Ell.;)

Blimey your right, its not cheap for postal orders.....:eek:.

However with the unsecured loans we have been advised to pay token payments to the creditors (not behind with any of these yet), but this is to find more money for the mortgage sort of thing), so I taken it them meant by postal orders???

We have 2 unsecured loans with lloyds

Hubby has 1 credit card

And then the overdraft.

=4 lots of token payments and they are all with lloyds lol

Over the counter slips, great idea, I should have thought about that one lol, silly me.:p

Cheers Ell, your a star.X:)

Hi

Letter sent - thank you Ell and thanks to everyone else as well.:)

Posted first class recorded, tracking number here:

DW ??????? GB.

And a bit of news from hubby's union, they said if Chelt & Glos/Lloyds can agree to take this to interest only, the union will consider paying the arrears for us, unfortunately it stands now at £2K, we received a letter through this post this morning.

LLoyds still continue to ring and if we missed the calls, such as when they leave messages, we have never failed to call back, anyway, the union said we must practically BEG lloyds on the phone about the interest and about the arrangements ,he also told us to pass on his contact details for them to call and make these arrangements.

We think its a fantastic suggestion, so lloyds did not quite know what to do about this, but passed us on to Chelt and Glos, believe it or not the guy we spoke to there was probably the most nicest of them all so far and even said he felt sorry for us in our current situation, as he notes that we asked for this (as seen on the system) when hubby first lost his job when then there were no arrears at first, we asked about the interest payments.

Anyway, the guy said he will contact lloyds to tell them to stop calling and block ringing us for about a fortnight whilst this matter is being sorted out.

It has been suggested now to request the union manager to write to them as its in Black and White, where they will then crack on with this and then put an arrangement in place.

Soooooo follks, all looking hopeful, I will post again tomorrow if any news.

Thanks for all your help and my hubby said the letter is fantastic Ell, we both are very grateful for this.;)

Edited by citizenB
removed tracking number

Hi, I'm glad you seem to be getting somewhere and have received lots of practical support. Ir is a shame that some of the people who slate the unions cannot see some of the good that they can achieve.

Best wishes and good luck.

Hi, I'm glad you seem to be getting somewhere and have received lots of practical support. Ir is a shame that some of the people who slate the unions cannot see some of the good that they can achieve.

Best wishes and good luck.

Thank you.:)

Yes your right, and so glad hubby continued to stay with these, they also reduced the union monthly repayments until Dai finds a new job.:wink:

Forgot to add on an earlier post, we opened the new standard bank account with Co Op, most helpful as well and we should receive the banking details tomorrow.;)

I don't think these are linked to lloyds are they?

I hope not now lol.....:eek:

Cheers so much X

hiya di

you may want to remove the post office royal mail tracking number from the letter you posted up,,,,maybe peering eyes they then could tell who you are;)

therefore dont give anything away you dont want the opposition to know

wink wink

otherwise i can say the coop been good to me too

laters angel and good luck x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thank you so much.

Sorry I did not manage to get round to reading posts earlier, and thank fully the tracking number has been removed for me.;)

I did not think of that to be honest, silly me lol :oops:.

So far so good Co op have been A1.;)

thanks CB,,,,you came to the rescue for Di ;)

its wonderful people on here that makes all the difference Di

keep positive,,,

have a fun day laters all angel x

• Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I would like to thank all of you, your all amazing, so a BIG THANKS to all.;):)

Almost all my new banking details are through with Co op, just wait for the pin number now.

And as I sent the letter Ell-Enn sorted out for me in regards of the mortgage to both Chelt & Glos and Lloyds as they are working together on this, I am yet to wait for a written response, one thing I have noticed though they have not rang to harass me like they were since receiving these letters.;)

Ell-Enn thank you so much.

I must when I have some spare dough donate to this amazing site, how do I do this?

I can't thank you all enough.;)

In regards of my above post about donating I just realised this is on the left hand side lol, I must be blind.......:-o.

I take it I register for payplan first, is that correct? Cheers :D

In regards of my above post about donating I just realised this is on the left hand side lol, I must be blind.......:-o.

I take it I register for payplan first, is that correct? Cheers :D

I think you mean Paypal Di lol :D

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Really glad to see things are at least moving in the right direction.

Hope you feel a little more in control and pleased to see you are getting lots of support.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Hope all are well.

Sorry I have not posted lately, been waiting for response from both the DWP and Chelt&Glos (LLOYDS).

So far, the update is that the DWP sent us out a questionaire in regards of helping towards the mortgage, not sure for definate if this can be done yet, as hubby does have pinnacle protection (income protection) which only covers half of that amount of the mortgage, and C&G (lloyds) have stated if the DWP helps, it can be arranged to pay £575 a month for the interest from repayment, as our normal payments are that of £745.98 a month, and that we still have to find the funds for the arrears.

We are still paying what we can when the pinnacle ins comes through which will end shortly anyway.

We are now just waiting for a response from both the DWP and C&G.

Despite that, as many of you know it has been arranged through the CCCS for us to make token payments to the unsecured creditors which are all Lloyds, for 2 unsecured loans, 1 credit card and the overdraft.

We paid the token payments at the end of last month ready for them to take for the repayments due at the beginning of this month.

Anway, with the token payments we sent the letters as sorted out by the CCCS with also copies of our expenditure, so they will be aware of the arrears.

We opened a new standard bank account with Co op, but to move everything like the priority Direct Debits it's taken time and will not come into affect until 26 June.

I cancelled the loans by DD at the end of last month.

Received the autmated response a few days after the loans were due where they should have received the token payments and letters by then, these letters we received were the ones to state they are aware the DD have been cancelled, they send mandates.

However, yesterday both myself and hubby received letters to say "thank you for the token payments we have credited them towards the loans, so we thought, great they have accepted our payments and letting us know they have taken the token payments.

Anyhow, I decided to go online banking to check what is what as I do regularly to keep a check on DD's.

And noticed they also taken out my hubby's loan repayment, the full normal amount minus his token payment they already taken.

So, as this is way into the overdraft the money paid in the same day until it takes affect at the new bank from pinnacle went in where we arranged to make a bigger payment towards the mortgage, but because lloyds taken advantage we were stuffed. They taken it as soon as it was paid in !!:eek:

Hubby rang Lloyds at Peterlee where the letters came from in regards of the token payments, and we have nothing against foreign people but she was unfortunately hard to understand.

Hubby explained about 8 times the situation and they taken the token payments and also the loan from the bank which was cancelled for the time being while he is out of work, she kept saying, from what he could make out "its not enough", hubby did get a bit stroppy and said "you want us to lose our house do you"?

She first said they never received any letters from us, hubby then said, well you must have because the token payments were enclosed with them, then she said, "okay I will refund you £34", hubby said "no way", you refund that all that money of £228 straight into the account like you taken it, its towards the arrears on the mortgage", she then said, but a token payment you made is not enough.

Hubby then asked to speak to the manager, she said "sorry he is not available" hubby said "how do you know that though, you have not checked", she was stumped.

Hubby then said, "I've had enough, I'm going to complain and if this is not resolved, its going further with the FOS", she then said "the full repayment of £228 will be refunded straight into the account", but so far its nowhere to be seen !!

I did yesterday afternoon decide to write to the department and told them if this is not resolved it will be taken further.

Sorry this is sooooooooooo long, just want to give you an update.

Do you know if there is anything we can actually do about this, now I have a feeling that they are going to take £111 for my loan, but have to leave some money in the account just for the next 2 weeks for priority payments, until its all over at Co op?

Thanks again folks.

Di

X