• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortgage help please

Dai27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I was given this link from a kind member on this site, to post here, sorry this is so long, I copied and pasted my post where I posted in the wrong part at first.

Hi

Sorry if i should have started a new thread, being new, getting a little confused.

I lost my job Xmas time due to masses of job losses, like many places right now, but my wife is a full time carer for our son with autism, he is 14 years old and I have applied to many companies, just not having luck yet, so CV's and applications kept on file, fingers crossed something will come up soon.

Anyway now the problem, I am receiving Income based JSA, my wife Carer's Allowance, and DLA for our son, both care and mobility.

Apart from receiving those benefits, there is then child benefit and child tax credits.

We have a mortgage of £745 a month, and through my employment changed the mortgage to a remortgage, and the insurance, but this did not kick in on time to cover the full whack of the mortgage, about £405 of it.

We are currently living on the overdraft as well, where this is on the edge of it more or less, and we obviously not able to have this amount highered etc. Would not want them to do this anyway, we need to avoid further debt.

Anyway, when the income protection gets paid into the account, as you can imagine its going on the overdraft and by the time the mortgage is due the money is not there also because of other direct debits, with it not being paid in the same time, as this can vary by a few days.

I am also on depression medication prescribed by my GP and my wife High BP, where she is also on repeat medication, of course this is one worry, but although we are doing our best to make ends meet, we are now 2 months in arrears with C&G, although we are paying as much as we can when there is funds in the account, from the overdraft, but nothing is getting resolved.

Meanwhile we have made an appointment with the CAB, and been in touch with the MP, we have been sent some information, but need some opinions if possible.

We live in S Wales, and understand these rescue schemes may vary depending where you live.

We have been in touch with C&G and requested if we can for not short term Interest only repayments, as that amount of £405 should be a help for that, they said they are unable to do this until the arrears are cleared.

What baffles me, is that if we were not in arrears then maybe we would not be asking for this suggestion, we know they have a protocol to follow, but up to now nothing has been resolved.

And with being on JSA, we thought it would be sorted through JSA/benefits section???

We had never in the few years we had the mortgage missed any payments, this last 2 months has been the first ever, or missed paying anything for that matter.

Any help/info on this will be a great help, thank you.

Its been such a worry, the GP highered my dose of medication.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just giving your thread a little nudge. I am sure someone will be along to help you soon. :)

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi

A couple of things - I think from what you are saying you had an insurance policy which is helping you out financially - but it is being eaten up by the OD and fees each month?

I would suggest that you might be best to open a basic bank account that wont allow an OD( you can open some on line I think) and change all your income to that account and then contact your current bank and explain your current position and ask them to freeze your account as you are in severe financial hardship and your home is at risk. Now I am not an expert in this area and I am not sure what thier reaction will be - but at least you will be back in control of how you distribute your income.

Next pay whatever you can on your mortgage even if it is not the whole payment - if you did end up in court then the judge will know you have tried everything to try and keep your house and it is his decision what happens - not the lenders.

Always keep all these negotiations in writing - whether it be by email or post and start keeping a file now of everything you try and do.

there is a new mortgage scheme been announced today - I will see if I can find you the link.

I think your BS are being unfair about not transferring you to interest only - but if you write and ask them again for an explanation why - then IF you go to court you will have evidence that they are not adhering to the new protocol guidelines.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• Haha 1

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thank you all so much

You have all been most helpful indeed, much appreciated.

We are now due to see the CAB the end of this week, we managed to get through to make an appointment, I will let you now how it goes.

The last few times we have called and the doors have been closed, so we thought it would be best to make sure we have an appointment.

This new mortgage scheme looks hopeful, is that for Wales also does anyone know.

I am still confused by why they are not able to sort out on short term about interest repayments, where they say we have to clear the arrears first, this was C&G (LLOYDS), if we did not have arrears we would not have been asking, before my job loss, we never ever missed any repayments, but today I did call them just to make a payment of £60, I will try to make a payment next week as well, its not a lot, but we are trying to make an effort in doing all we can.

Are there dates for when the mortgage scheme starts?

Thanks to Cymru, Jansus and CitizenB, I will keep you posted and will take your suggestions into consideration, some great ideas there, cheers.:)

Are there dates for when the mortgage scheme starts?

Was launched yesterday, 21 April :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi have you been to the CAB yet or is it tomorrow? Post any advice that you are given then hopefully you will get more feed back.

Have you followed up the suggestion from jansus about a basic bank account? If you can seperate your funds from your b/acc and mortgage then you would get some control over where the money goes.

Best wishes, C

Hi have you been to the CAB yet or is it tomorrow? Post any advice that you are given then hopefully you will get more feed back.

Have you followed up the suggestion from jansus about a basic bank account? If you can seperate your funds from your b/acc and mortgage then you would get some control over where the money goes.

Best wishes, C

Hi

Thanks for your post.

I actually contacted the CCCS today and gone through everything, they were also very good and helpful.

We did then contact the CAB to let them know we have gone through this with the CCCS and they said it was probably the best thing to do anyway.

We have a mortgage counsellor arranged through CCCS - contacting us on the 14th May to get down to sorting this out, as today we were going through the outgoings and incomings, they state to continue until we have the appointment to pay what have been arranged £60 until this is resolved and was given a ref number to give to creditors, in case they need to contact them to know we are trying to get this sorted out.

We made a payment of £60 towards the mortgage this week and work out we can do the same for the next few weeks - until the appointment.

It a great idea about another bank account, and we do think this is a good idea, even though we have no spare funds to go in there, would it be best to transfer all what is paid in like the benefits etc into a new account as right now we are living on an overdraft which is also due to end?

We will then of course bring this up to them on the next appointment.

Wonder though if we will have trouble with opening a new account, as I take it we have to have some money to put in there?

Thank you once again.:)

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you di0430:)

If you are receiving benefits then you can have them paid directly into a parachute account. You can start a basic bank account with another bank, I think you only need to start it with a minimum amount if they know you will be having your benefits paid in directly, then that should be ok.

Is your mortgage with the same bank/lender that you have the overdraft with ?

• Haha 1

BCOBS

I have posted as my hubby asked me too lol (dai), sorry I should have mentioned this, sometimes we end up posting on each others names as well lol.

Yes its all moving forward and its a relieve, thanks.:)

Sounds like a great idea on the separate account though.

Yep the overdraft, 2 unsecured loans, and mortgage with lloyds (C&G).

I understand that lloyds are one of those opted for the mortgage scheme, so take it they sort this for C&G.

Will need to look more into another bank account.

So if we leave the mortgage where it is and transfer the incomes which is just benefits at the moment to a new account??

Is that about right?

Cheers folks.

Golly its like a huge weight being lifted lol X

The Post office card account is a good one if you just want to pay benefits in and then at least you will have control over where that money is distributed.

Co-op and most other banks have "basic " accounts - or and every one should keep this in mind - do you have a credit union near you .

Why give the banks the business when you dont have to :)

• Haha 1

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I am really pleased that things seem to be a little less stressful for you.

Jansus that is a good idea re the Credit Union. They pay a yearly or half yearly bonus as well dont they ?

BCOBS

You can search for a credit union near you here: ABCUL

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you all for your posts.

Yes a post office account is a good option......cheers.

And a Credit Union, will have to check this out, not heard of them to be honest, but will check them out, thanks so much everyone.:)

Hi Di dand Dai (?)

Glad to see that you hopefully getting some control back in your lives. When this is sorted, the next step is to hopefully cut down some of your medication.

Best wishes, C

Hi there and thank you so much, yes that would be good lol.:);)

Even though I am not sure what the CCCS will do exactly at this point yet, but should know more in May when we next hear.

As this is all new, I have no idea how they tend to these matters, going by the CCCS website they liaise with them and a we have to make a payment to CCCS themselves, as they state they try to get the creditors to freeze on the interest, if this is the direction they will end up taking, I imagine maybe on the unsecured loans etc, and we will have more to pay on the mortgage, that would suit us fine, not sure about the overdraft though as that is quite hefty......:eek:.

Whatever they do, its going to be for the best, and we do not ever plan to take our credit again, okay no-one knows whats to happen ahead, due to job losses etc, where you think its safe....but we all learn, and this have made us learn for definate.;)

We are also awaiting a case from the FOS, credit card ppi from an old account, its upheld and moved onto the ombudsman, (lloyds) again....:eek:, they did not respond to the adjudicator, but that would really come in handy for the mortgage payment now at least.

Fingers crossed we will get some good news soon.

Whatever claims we do win, its all going to go on debts, oh and the spare to be donated on here to what we will be able to manage when the time comes, want to get all this behind us.:)

I think its time to get an new account just in case they decide to close it down, you never know do you? X

Another night owl. Having had troubles with LTSB for about 7 years I would say definately have a parachute account as you can not trust them. When you get the money from your ppi try and mve it from LTSB as quick as you can so that you can control how and when it used.

Nos da, C

Another night owl. Having had troubles with LTSB for about 7 years I would say definately have a parachute account as you can not trust them. When you get the money from your ppi try and mve it from LTSB as quick as you can so that you can control how and when it used.

Nos da, C

Yes will do, think it will be for the best. Cheers.;)

There are quite a few insurances we also have with them, such as House Ins, Scottish Widows Term assurance, Dai has a life ins, the way its going we will look elsewhere for them also.

Besides Dai taken this life insurance out at over £45 a month with them being then a Steel worker when he was working, and it being a risky job when taking this out, I'm sure there are many cheaper options out there.

I think there are a lot we can cut out or cut down to be honest, I know its always best to have cover but surely a lot cheaper, we need to work on it, wonder if its best to wait to see what CCCS say first?

Nos da, catch u tomorrow I expect and thank you once again.:);)

Sleep well X

Hi everyone hope all are well.

Just want to give you an update on mine and hubby Dai's in regards of a few issues with creditors etc.

Looking into opening a new bank account tomorrow, fingers crossed they will have us lol, although we are still deciding on the best bank or BS.

Anyways, as you know we have an appointment with CCCS on the 14th May, we did ring them to ask if they have an earlier appointment as we are getting very desperate, but unfortunately they are choco-bloc.........its understandable.

We have 2 unsecured loans to come out of the bank account, one tomorrow and another in a few days time.

We rang the department of lloyds last week to told to speak to the branch manager when she returned, that was today, so we called into the branch, explained the situation with CCCS, that they will be dealing with matters on the 14th and suggested we asked all creditors to freezer or block the direct debits coming out on the loans, and for us to pay a token payment, so we have more to pay towards the mortgage, with the mortgage being a priority payment, again until this is also sorted out on the 14th.

We gave the CCCS client ref number and the branch manager asked who was CCCS ???

And said she does not need no ref number and cannot help us !!!:mad:

Then she gave us a few lloyds tel numbers for us to contact, so we returned home and rang them, only to be pushed from one to another 5 times, and lastly told the branch manager is to sort this out :mad:, so again we explained we had already been the bank earlier and was given telephone numbers.

We then decided to call the CCCS again, they did have a look to see if any cancellations came up in the meantime and pm'd with a letter to send to the creditors, she said they should comply, but other than that there is nothing anyone can do until we have our proper appointment on the 14 May.

I am so angry, we can't help the situation right now, hubby doing his best looking for a new job, me caring for my son with autism and we are living on benefits, I know there are always some worst off, but now they should be helping people more than ever, due to this recession, lloyds are supposed to be one of those.

I don't feel we have been treated fairly and think I should take this further, so any ideas folks, could I contact both the FOS and the FSA, cheers.;-)

Oh yes and another thing (sorry this is so long) lol, we are living on the overdraft where its almost used, when we open this new account, do we transfer all benefits payments into the new account?

And obviously leave the current lloyds account open, because of the overdraft?

Thanks again.

Hello!

I opened new account with nationwide. Phoned the benefits people I.e childrens allowance etc. And it was all set up straight away. I had an overdraft with hsbc that I left open but amazingly they have not come after me for-yet!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi again, when we first started having problems several years ago, we were with LTSB and they were very unhelpful and were one of the reasons for our problems. At the time, Nationwide were one of the accounts recommended to us, otherwise go for a basic account.

As soon as we had our new account we stopped everything through Lloyds and started to try and regain some control.

PS We ars still battling LTSB and their various associates:p

Hi and thanks for your replies.:)

I am today getting everything together for the new account, its between Nationwide and Abbey National.

We are to go first thing in the morning, by the time I write everything down, the DD's to take over, even though we should have done this before now really, but been veryyyyyyy stressed with lots of other things creeping up.

My hubby lost his cousin just recently, she was autistic, losing her did not help matters, bless.

So I take it then I have to still keep the current account open for the time being and transfer all the bens to be paid in the new account?

Sorry this is all new to me, as I have been with lloyds for 18 years or even longer.

And only used to running one bank account.

And CCCS cannot do anything until our appoinment 14 May.

I will keep you all posted anyway, thank you all.:-);-)

If you hve an overdraft with LTSB, they wont let you close the account. However, there is nothing to stop you from openeing another account. Get all your benefits transferred immediately you have a new account number. They are usually very helpful as louise above has advised. :D

Probably best not to contact LTSB by phone again, unless of course you have the facility to record the calls.

BCOBS

If you hve an overdraft with LTSB, they wont let you close the account. However, there is nothing to stop you from openeing another account. Get all your benefits transferred immediately you have a new account number. They are usually very helpful as louise above has advised. :D

Probably best not to contact LTSB by phone again, unless of course you have the facility to record the calls.

Hi there Citizen.

Thank you so much for this.

So I have to take a copy of the bens numbers to the new account and contact all to change the details for ASAP then, can I do this by ringing them as soon as the account has been finalised.

Do you know how long it takes for them to send the details, cheque books and debit cards, or do they all differ, due to the bank hols then?

Thanks.

We don't plan on spending lol, but just for food shopping reasons, cheers again.:);-)

DMP got back and said they take all unsecured debts into account, so that will be a real help for us and with a bit of luck my hubby will find new employment soon, where we plan to make more payments towards the debt and the mortgage as top priority.;-)