More trouble with Lowells .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted a few weeks ago about how I was receiving letters from Lowells relating to a debt they say I owe for £154 to Shop Direct.

I wrote the letter to them about having no knowledge of this debt etc

They haven't replied but I have received two letters from Hamptons legal which I believe work with them?

The first makes no reference to my letter I sent and demanded payment.

I then received another this morning (just 7 days after the first) demanding the payment and threatening to go to to Experian for my credits files to see what route of litigation would be best for them to take against me.

They are now threatening AOE,baliffs,warrant against the property etc

Also say further costs could be added to the bill!

What can I do?

I disputed this debt in a letter to Lowells and they haven't even replied to me?

I don't know what to do.

They are asking me to call them but I know from reading here that isn't advisable.

I posted a few weeks ago about how I was receiving letters from Lowells relating to a debt they say I owe for £154 to Shop Direct.

I wrote the letter to them about having no knowledge of this debt etc

They haven't replied but I have received two letters from Hamptons legal which I believe work with them?

The first makes no reference to my letter I sent and demanded payment.

I then received another this morning (just 7 days after the first) demanding the payment and threatening to go to to Experian for my credits files to see what route of litigation would be best for them to take against me.

They are now threatening AOE,baliffs,warrant against the property etc

Also say further costs could be added to the bill!

What can I do?

I disputed this debt in a letter to Lowells and they haven't even replied to me?

I don't know what to do.

They are asking me to call them but I know from reading here that isn't advisable.

Theyre trying to scare you into paying.. if you sent the prove it letter and by recorded delivery then they must prove the debt to you to be able to get any kind of satisfaction in court.

S.

Lowell and Hamptons ILLEGAL all sit in the same office just different desks. Dont be surprised if you get letters from Red Colection next as they are in the same office too. Load of muppets the lot of them

Sploits :p

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Oh I didn't send it recorded .They weren't sending recorded letters .

I wish I had now.

Do I send it again recorded?

Do they have to reply within a time frame with what I ask?

They seem to me as if they will not care what I dispute or write and keep hounding me .

You have lowells to a tee.

They very rarely reply to letters sent by normal post.

Start afresh and send everything recorded.

Remember they have to prove the debt exists not you proving it doesn't exist (you can't prove a negative)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You have lowells to a tee.

They very rarely reply to letters sent by normal post.

Start afresh and send everything recorded.

Remember they have to prove the debt exists not you proving it doesn't exist (you can't prove a negative)

Thank you :-)

I will sit down and write the letter again and this time make sure it goes recorded delivery.

Am I to address it to Lowells now or Hamptons (even though same address) as they say they are now handling it.

Due to have a baby this week too so will make sure I get this done today.

Make sure when you send it you DON'T sign it.

All the best for you and the new addition to your family.

Sploits :p

Caps only ;-)

I wouldn't put anything past this pondlife of a company :mad:

Thank you for your wishes :)

More empty threats from the Leeds Losers. They have to prove you owe the money, they would then have to get a County Court Judgement against you. If you did not pay this then the Court could appoint Balliffs to force you to pay. The Leeds Losers aka Lowell Farcical aka Hampton iLegal aka Red Debt are all the same company. They print the same drivel on different notepaper.

They are only a DCA and have NO LEGAL POWERS whatsoever. Despite their name Hamptons are NOT a firm of solicitors.