Can i ask these DCA's to provide proof if i have been paying for years?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Everytime i write a new letter i immediately back it up. I also have all my documents on a 2nd hard drive so if the hard drive with my programs on fails i can connect the 2nd hard drive to another pc and retreive all my documents.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Oh yes. Everything is safe. After my friend had a major pc failure i got a 2nd hard drive for mine just to store docments, music and videos etc. I am really glad i did cos my pc failed on me and i had to get another 1. I got my mate to connect my 2nd hard drive up from the failed pc into the new pc and hey presto all my stuff was right there.

• 4 months later...

I hav just had a phone call from some loser at Roxburghe asking to discuss a financial matter with me. I asked if he was a debt collector (which he admitted then i read him the riot act about calling my private mobile phone. He told me he got my number off the client (didn't ask who) and that i must discuss the matter with him. I replied all communication is to be in writing only as i do not discuss matters over the phone.

This is the second DCA that have managed to get my mobile number (the first being Buchanan, Clark + Wells) and i am wondering how they keep getting hold of my number. I am wondering if i should just change my number and get it over with.

I have been onto Roxburghes website and they have a form you can fill in for a call back. I was toying with the idea of getting them to call me back, give me all the details of what they want while recording the call? Should I do it?

Each time the file is passed on your mobile number will be provided to the next DCA and this will just continue. The obvious answer is as you say just simply change your number. Once you have a new number you may wish to consider sending them a CCA request if only to test the water.

This is assuming that they have your address as well.

He said they had sent me letters (news to me) and they had not received a reply. When i get a letter from them i will write back with the prove it letter and telephone harrassment letter. See how they like that!!

I don't really want to change my number again as i have just got used to it after the last change. (my boyfriends ex posting my number all over the internet saying i was up for anything)