JD Williams Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just started the process of claiming back charges from JD Williams for my mum. They sent me all the statements etc that I needed.

What prelim letter do I sent them and on what spreadsheet ie credit card or bank charges??

Any help much appreciated

Prelim letter sent to Ulster Bank for £1734.00 on 18 September

Received offer of £150 - 30/09/06

LBA sent 02/10/06

Do I use the bank template prelim letter or the credit card one?

Please can someone help?!

LBA sent 02/10/06

Hi,

Yes i read through that one, got confused as it was mostly about CCA's. It doesnt tell me which prelim or LBA letter to use though, whether it be the Bank one of Credit Card

LBA sent 02/10/06

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my prelim letter to JD Williams and just got a reply this morning with the usual rubbish, however they are crediting my account with the enormous amount of £4.50 (think i might get a holiday in spain with this NOT) What do i do now??

Are there are templates where I can refuse this £4.50 and also be an LBA as well???

LBA sent 02/10/06

Charges for late and missed payments

LBA sent 02/10/06

you can use this as a template and edit it to suit

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary. I also reject the further conditions of acceptance that you have attached to this offer, namely (describe the offensive parts here!)

My (Request for Repayment letter) (Letter Before Action) dated xx/xx/xx indicates that you have until xx/xx/xx to respond before I proceed to the next stage of my request (before I commence legal action). My deadline remains the same.

If you do not accept my own conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 7 days, I shall return the cheque to you. For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

(If the bank have credited your account, please use this note in place of the above paragraph)

If you do not accept my conditions, or you do not respond within 7 days, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement and the money transfered to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a final offer from JD williams. They are willing to pay off the amount of my outstanding balance and close the account. If I do this im out £130. Do i accept their offer or send them a letter refusing it?

LBA sent 02/10/06

Its my mums account so I have no idea

LBA sent 02/10/06

Should I just send the refusal letter and also include in it that they remove any defaults in my mum's name??

LBA sent 02/10/06

Should I just send the refusal letter and also include in it that they remove any defaults in my mum's name??

Hi,

Been reading this thread this morning...

I claimed the charges back for both me and my wife... here is the thread (only 5/6 posts) which I hope will help you out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/192924-vjohn82-fashion-world.html

(note Fashion World and JD Williams are the same company)

Edited by vjohn82
last note

Hi Kibby,

Have you snet them a letter before action yet or was it just an approach for replayment?

ida x

I sent them a prelim letter and they offered me £4.50. So i then sent the LBA and they are now offering to close the account and that I owe them nothin which means i would lose out on about £150.

Not sure what to do though? Any advice much appreciated

LBA sent 02/10/06

I have had plenty of dealing with these lot. DON'T give in!!

Ok, now you have sent the prelim and the lba letters, with no reasonable response...it's time to file it at court. I will put on the links from my dealings with them, they will try al sorts of tactics, but just keep going..you are in the right here!!

Do you know how to go about the court procedure?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/125617-ssl-robison-way-jd.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Am I missing something here? You don't even need to look at court action!

Being patient and concise with JDW will pay off in the end and they will refund all of the charges. It stands to reason doesn't it? They are willing to knock off £4.50 off each £12 admin fee... so that immediately means it shouldn't cost that much to "administer" the account or else why would they reduce it. Furthermore, they have provided no clarification why £7.50 is a justifed figure for intervention on your account. Therefore, do as I did in my thread and use their formal complaint procedures.

I lodged a claim against capital one last year so kinda know how it works. Not sure what particulars of claim to use?? Need help with lodging the claim

Should i file the claim online or via post?

LBA sent 02/10/06

Please HELP

What should I do?

LBA sent 02/10/06

Am I missing something here? You don't even need to look at court action!

Being patient and concise with JDW will pay off in the end and they will refund all of the charges. It stands to reason doesn't it?

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I have had several experiences and helped a few people deal with JD. I have never found them to be very reasonable or understanding, and we have always filed at court. It has never got as far as appearing at court, as they pay out before then.

This POC that Steven uses is a good one to use, just alter to your needs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-534374.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .