style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it seems that sherforce have there own laws

as thay have just taken my vans and my tools and my furniture as i was moving home and the debt is not even mine or in my name

and the bailiff told a fifteen year old disabled child that if he did not empty the van he would take it anyway,and thay did i have not been able to work for two months as i have no van or tools.

thay take the p--s

no ID was shown and guese what he was not even registured

please can sombody tell me how to get these bullies struck off i dont care how much it costs the only thing i can think of is going to the pepers as thay took this stuff on 15th feb 09 and thay still have them and thay have proof that the two vans are mine not the defendents

help

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've moved your posts to a new thread and this link will help you find how to use the tools on the site.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html#post1027594

I take it that your main priority is getting back your belongings.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

please slow down and offer as much info as you can for us to help

you will be able to get any goods etc back via a form 4 complaint to the county court where the baliffs are cirtificated,

they cant take goods and equipment esential for your job

but please, try and explain the circumstance of this baliff action

thanks i will try and explain in more detail

last year i bought a firm and withe way i did it was to take on the debt of the old owner so we sighned a contract to say i would pay £42000 off his debt to creditors and inland revinue,in the contract there was two vans and a F,L,T so i have had these for 8 months i insured them taxed them and gave both an m,o,t but here is where it gets tricky this guy has just played a massive [problem] on me it turned out that he had £132.000 in creditor debt and another £110.000 in credit card debt so we had already paid £42.000 and the another £30.000 just to keep the staff in there jobs but we could not carry on and our accountant advised that we had paid well over the agreed amount so the vans was ours.

we since found out that this guy had 10 ltd companies and had started up again from the same place.

when i contacted a solicitor he told me he new this guy and he was known for doing this (thanks for that just 8 months too late).

on monday 15th feb 09 i had a phonecall from my friends son and he said who was crying he said that the bailiffs where here to take the vans he told the high court officer that the vans was for my work had my only tools on and the other had our furniture on as we was just moving he told a desabled child that he had two minites to empty the vans or he would take them anyway (and he did just that) then he left this child sat crying in the garden.

he did not show any I.D and when i asked him in front of the police who he worked for he told me he did not work for any cow boy company he worked for the high court (this guy must be john wayn himself)

i have given sherforce all the evidence that these vans are ours even the inland revinue back me up on this one.

to make this even better i reported a brake in last year and told the police that the log books for the vans had been taken but could not prove who it was so the police could not do anything but when the bailiff turned up at this guys work he gave the bailiff the stolen log books

this debt is from 06 and not even in my name.

and the bailiff has been told not to talk to me anymore by his office

thay have broken the law in so many ways with this i want to get them struck off, i have not been able to work fortwo months and now my docter wants to put me on antydepresents.

sorry this is so long i just dont know what to do next.

this is awfull

i have ltd info on baliff powers but we have a member called tomtubby.

she is the master on baliff issues,

i know she looks in early morning so ime sending her a pm to have a look.

these cowboys need bringing to book and getting some decent comp for you,

like i said, she will best advise and ill keep looking in,

chin up,

you do get justice in the end but takes time

revenge is a dish best served cold

what you have to remember is that the police have not a clue on what a baliff can and cant do,

officially they are there just to stop a breach of the peace but 9 times out of ten just side with the baliff

you will get your revenge when they are called infront of a county court judge to explain there illegal actions,

like i said, my knowledge is ltd so ill hand over to tomtubby and good luck

See if there's anything on the OFT website that might help you. The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Did you get any documentation from Sherforce when they took your things?

I think it may be worth sending a SAR to see what information they have on you, and what charges they've added on for themselves.

They must have something about you or they wouldn't have taken your goods. Something has led them to think they should get them from you, so if you can find out what that is, you'll know what you're fighting.

You hadn't previously mentioned the interpleader or that you'd already complained to the OFT. It's hard to advise what to do next without knowing what's happened already.

no until i called them they did not know who i was the debt thay have taken the stuff for is the last owners, and he had an old coppy of the log books and when thay turned up at his work to collect the debt he said these are my vans you can take these as payment.even though we showed them the new log books and proof of payment and a letter from the old owners wife saying that thay was ours

Right, I'm with you now. Well it seems to me you've done all you can for the moment, but others may be better placed to offer more help.

The wheels of justice can be frustratingly slow at times. All I can suggest is that you keep chasing people up and remind them that all the time they prevaricate, you can't earn a living.