Capone in SAR response shock: Ellie lies in her covering letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear... one of ellies minions has printed and sent the wrong template letter:D:D

Heh yeah, it's exactly the same as the covering letters on Mrs Lunar's SAR responses...

Is this a big oops for Capone, just out of interest? It'd be nice to menace them a bit.

OOH...

I've just opened envelope #3, Mrs Lunar's other SAR response. Same letter from Ellie as I mentioned, but on the statements there *is* PPI, on the first two months the account was running, so Mrs Lunar obviously cancelled it at some point.

And lo, Mrs Lunar ticked the box on the application form saying 'no PPI'...

Capone really couldn't find their arse with both hands, could they?

OOH...

I've just opened envelope #3, Mrs Lunar's other SAR response. Same letter from Ellie as I mentioned, but on the statements there *is* PPI, on the first two months the account was running, so Mrs Lunar obviously cancelled it at some point.

And lo, Mrs Lunar ticked the box on the application form saying 'no PPI'...

Capone really couldn't find their arse with both hands, could they?

Oh dear... their internal controls and filing systems seem to be in a bit of disarray!!

Complaints all around I'd say... FOS/OFT/Crap1.... not only mis-selling but also not keeping accurate account records! How can you trust anything they tell you about the accounts now? :D:D

Oh and if they claim its a mistake with the template letter then that doesnt wash either... complain to the ICO as responses to SAR should be legally binding and accurate.

Capone are on their second round of redundancies and talking about selling a huge office space in Nottingham (Station Street near the rail station if you're interested) I doubt their staff have any long term vested interest in anything they do.

It's real damming evidence LJ.....get those letters sent off to all !!!

I will, as soon as I can afford a new ink cartridge for my printer :( If only I had a card to put one on lol

Edited by lunar jim

• 3 weeks later...

I can also confirm that Crapone sell ppi over the phone. They sold it to my son, took the premiums for 2 years then when he tried to make a claim due to illness, they denied ever selling it.

They never paid his claim or refunded any payments. He is suing them for all the premiums they have had

Wow, this took some waiting for... I've just made copies of the evidence mentioned above. I will be writing with a complaint to Capone tomorrow, cc'ing FOS and OFT. I'll let you know what happens.

Right, complaint letters are printed and ready to send. I've included copies of the relevant pages from each SAR too, so all parties are clear on what the problem is.

I'll be posting them in the morning; the wait begins (again).

• 2 weeks later...
FOS responded this morning:

'We are currently receiving very high volumes of enquiries and we will provide you with a full response as soon as we can.'

Wonder why that is?

They really should let Obersturmführer Obermaier know that because he seems to think it's not true. :rolleyes:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/197785-gospel-according-csa.html