Me against them CCA Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent a CCA then after 12+2 days I sent an Account Dispute letter and soon recieved the following;

Image01.jpg

Image02.jpg

Image03.jpg

Image04.jpg

From speaking with other Caggers it seem my CCA too is not signed on behalf of Halifax and also has several pages missing.

Any comments and advice is welcomed.

Thanks

HSBC - Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £1265

Barclaycard Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £400

Abbey - Successfully Claimed back PPI £960

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya Me against them

hmme, how come there are pages missing, have you asked them why?

to tell you the truth, i had something very similar to where you the bottom part of the agreement, stamped 21 sept 2007 but it was not very clear and ive disputed it with their head office and am still waiting on some big boss to get back to me

is it legible to you when you view it, i know sometimes scanning it here is not that clear?

this was not an online application was it,,,just thinking of the date in sep 2007 quite a newish one# mine is a little older

anyway im sure others more knowledgeable will come along but i wanted to say hiya and say my initial thoughts

laters and good luck

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I have not respoded yet, I am looking for advice before I do, but as I said I had already disputed the account proir to being sent to me. I did this because they origionally refused to accept my £1 postal order.

I may have initially applied online but I must have signed a hard copy as they have my signature. My arguement is that there is a space for Halifax's signature and there are pages missing.

The CCA is not very clear but just about legible.

Any further virews on this CCA?

There is no Halifax signature and there are 6 pages missing???

• 2 weeks later...

HalifaxTelNoLetter.jpg

I'm glad I deleted my telephone number using my online account before I CCA'd them.

Should I ignore this letter or respond stating written correspondance only?

That was a good move to remove your telephone number.:) I would not advise you to phone them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I managed to delete 8 from 12 different creditors. :D

I'm sure the phone would be constantly ringing if I hadn't of

acted so quickly.

I have no intention of calling any of them! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved a DN, shown below.

Image001-5.jpg

Image002-3.jpg

I sent this letter on 11 March 2009;

Account In Dispute

Re Account No/Reference No:- *****************

Dear Sir/Madam

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On 20/02/2009 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on 06/03/2009.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore;

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation. This limit has expired

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement. Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS. Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends. Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit. You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint. I therefore request a copy of your official complaints procedure which you are obliged to supply.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully,

hiya

Me against them

have you by any chance kept the envelope the DN came in, and have you noted what actual date you received the DN

the ones ive ever got from the date of the letter its exact 14 days thus i would have had to have received it on the the actual date of the letter,,, get my drift..

thus the envelope would prove what service they used 1st or 2nd or via other company thus what delay in you getting it could then prove you were not given the full 14 days to remedy as it states in law

let us know laters keep positive

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

angel,

I think I still got the envelope, I'll be able to check later today.

thanks.

I can't seem to find the envelope, it must have went out with the rubbish. I know I didn't recieve the letter until the 30th April though.

• 5 weeks later...

This DN is surely served incorrectly! The notices states that I must pay the arears before the 12th May, this is only 13 days if I recieved the DN when it is dated (28th April). Not 14 Days as required!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi your agreement is the exact same as mine pages missing and no signature on behalf of the halifax!!!!! the signature on the agreement does not even match mine! mine is dated recieved April 07. Im in the same situation as you!! Do you have any more info with reguards to them not signing it?

• 3 weeks later...

Saffy09 I was told on another thread that without the creditors signature the CCa was unenforceable in court. I can't seem to find the thread now, maybe someone else will clarify this?

Looks like my SAR has pushed Halifax to pass this account to a DCA. I have received a letter from Blair Oliver & Scott Ltd asking for me to pay the full outstanding balance.

Looks like I have to send them the "I am some what bemused Letter".

Unless anyone else think of a more suitable response.

They have sent me another cca with no signature but it is totally different to the 1 we have. There is a big huge part on cancellation??? I have sent another letter requesting my cca and told them i found there letter abusive. Can they request all the balance from you??? does not say anything on cca!! we need someone to have a proper look at the cca!!!

I suggest you start a thread and post your CCA on it so the experts can take a look at it. If you have received a Default Notice you should also post that up.

Hi me against them,

In my opinion if this was in my court I think this agreement looks enforcable, it looks as if it might have all the prescribed terms and the missing pages could well make it standup should you avoid paying as these may be the terms and conditions, the reason I say this is because the pages are numbered and they have your signature on the

"credit card agreement regulated by the consumer credit act"

weather the fact that they have not included a signature on there part would make it unenforcable-dont know about that,

having said that will they take you to court? doubt it,

you will now be constantly hounded though because they will insist on this being enforcable.

I would check out what charges you have and claim them back to reduce this debt and claim the dispute is also to do with that when you send in any letters,

wish you good luck on this.

Thanks Gary. I know the missing pages and signature argument is perhaps a bit weak. I will shortly be sending a SAR to them to find out about charges.

On another note, I am of the opinion that their default notice is dodgy as they did not allow 14 full days for me to remedy. I also believe by passing the account to a DCA that they have terminated my agreement and can therefore only claim back the arears if they were to take me to court.

I believe they can default you and dont have to terminate the account,as they are wise to the fact that it f#### up your credit file they can chase you forever more and the dc, but that is still under debate , again I have read this about the time scales with the default issue and although it sounds weak it all must help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/170345-tale-dodgy-dn.html

I understand what your saying though,

they also have to have assignment rights if the dc does take you to court only in my opinion I will be subbing and if I can offer support along the way I will;)

I am keeping an eye on the DN debate and hope it works out in our favour. I'll post up any updates, thanks for the support.

• 3 weeks later...

BO&S Ltd have just sent me a letter titled 'NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION'

it goes on to say...Formal notice is hereby given that our client has instucted us to commence court proceedings against you without delay.

Papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through your local mcourt to seek a judgement against you.

Your home is at risk..blah blah (I rent so its not)

YOU MUST MAKE PAYMENT NOW TO STOP ACTION BEING TAKEN.

Is this a bluff or are they serious?

Story so far

I CCA'd Halifax in 20 Feb 09 (No Response)

Account in Dispute 12 Mar 09

I then received a signed CCA on the 24 March, but was missing the Creditors Signature and several pages were missing. Also the CCA does not have Credit Limit on it.

I then received a DN dated 28 April giving me until 12 May to remedy, which is not 14 full days even if I recieved it on the date of the letter.

I have also checked the statements that I still have to see how much of the alleged arrears are late and overlimit charges. There were £60 of charges associated with the £160 arrears to remedy.

Halifax have now passed the account to Blair, Oliver and Scott ltd for full collection. I replied to the DCA with the "Bemused Letter" as the account in my opinion was is dispute. I have had several letters from BOS and have now received a NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION.

My CCA and DN can be viewed on my thred below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/192142-me-against-them-cca.html

Can anyone comment on what my chances are if they take me to court?

Not sure if the CCA is enforeceable and am pretty sure the DN is defective due to dates and charges.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Me against them!