Central Ticketing deny my appeal - Advice PLEASE!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

Recently I received a parking ticket at 8.20am outside a halls of residence (student but private) when the weather conditions were awful (about 5inches of snow)......there were no more parking bays available, so I had to park on the side of the road apparently "causing obstruction"

I appealed on the grounds of the poor weather (after clearly stating I did not want to put myself in danger, or other road users) and as the ticket was issued far too early for me to be able to move the car (as I didnt pull up until 3am).

They have now replied saying the appeal was unsuccessful due to "not parking in an appropriate bay" and also, multiple appeals are not possible?

The only notices they have up on the road about fines is a self printed laminated A4 sign saying "no parking or a fine will be issued"

I have 10 days to pay £85 before it goes up to £135, should I just pay up or does anyone think I have a strong enough case to fight it?

Thanks.

It's a PPC invoice from the sound of it.

There is no valid appeal system (as you have already discovered). No appeal will ever be successful so you are wasting your time.

Stop writing to them

Do not reply to any more of their letters

Ignore them completely

Do not pay them!

Thanks,

There's an option to ring the customer service etc, but a case will only be disputed in writing?

It is a geniuine ticketing company, i'm just concerned as I have admitted to parking the vehicle there in my appeal letter. I obviously predicted they would deny my appeal because they want to make money......

Apparently If I don't pay up then it will rise, +administrative//Court costs too......

I'm not meaning to be ignorant to your advice at all, just a bit worried about some sort of backlash as the car is registered to my parents house and don't need them harassing either??

Thanks for your replies muchly :)

Thanks,

There's an option to ring the customer service etc, but a case will only be disputed in writing?

It is a geniuine ticketing company, i'm just concerned as I have admitted to parking the vehicle there in my appeal letter. I obviously predicted they would deny my appeal because they want to make money......

Apparently If I don't pay up then it will rise, +administrative//Court costs too......

I'm not meaning to be ignorant to your advice at all, just a bit worried about some sort of backlash as the car is registered to my parents house and don't need them harassing either??

Thanks for your replies muchly :)

Hi there,

You have received an invoice from a private parking company. Firstly, they have no legal status or power and are a world apart from local authority parking departments/police. The question you need to ask yourself is how are they going to get you to pay this money. Ok, they would have to take you to the county court which would involve them paying a significant amount of the parking charge just to register the claim. They would then have to prove that a contract existed and that you breached it. Following this, they would then have to prove that by breaching those parking conditions they actually incurred the costs that they are claiming (the parking charge). After all, it is unlawful to issue a penalty under contract law - fact.

Basically my friend, you have received a completely uneforceable invoice from a normal company that have 0.01% of legally enforcing it. They will threaten you with all sorts from balliffs, CCJ's etc - none of this can happen without a judgement against you and the chances of that happening are less than you winning the lottery.

Must of us on here have dealt with these clowns and have been victorious by simply ignoring them. By all means, if you get a police or local authority ticket you must pay or appeal it - when you get a private parking ticket just ignore it.

If you pay you are simply giving your money away with no reason.

I hope this puts your mind at rest,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Can i just ask as i have just found myself at the mercy of these rogues i have received a ticket for the usual circumstances- stepping off site etc.

Heres the rub i went to the shop before i left the site to go to the papershop up the road, the time on my till receipt for the shop whose carpark it was is 14:14 the ticket was 14:18, i have read all the advice on here but my big problem is the car ticketed is a company car, it does say on the ticket i can appeal, i would love to be able to sit it out and ignore any correspondence but i doubt my employer will.Any advice? would you appeal in these circumstances i mean i doubt they can even prove i went off site.

There is no appeal process. You will just get their standard pay up leter back. They're not going to do themselves out of cash. They aren't interested in a word you have to say.

The registered owner will receive the junkmail - if it's not you, you'll have to educate the recipient.

Either way, there are only two options - pay, or ignore the 4 or 5 letters they send before giving up. And paying would be bloody stupid.

Don't write to the PPC, that will be a waste of time. Write to your company or whoever is going to show as the RK through the DVLA and make it crystal clear to them that this problem MAY occur and that you categorically deny any liablity for this PPC INVOICE and do not give them any authority to pay any charges on your behalf and/or re-charge such costs on to you. Make sure you remind them that this is not a PCN or FPN and any authority they may already hold within your contract does not extend to private invoices.

Ok have done what you suggest, my boss says they will just let them know its a company car give them my details and then leave it up to me, if i choose to ignore it then he doesnt mind. Thanks again for the advice i will let you all know if im successfull.