style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening

When you go BR and (or if) you get a NIL or N T tax code, then this lasts for the current tax year?

So as I am [all being well] going to go BR on Friday, will this mean that my NIL / N T code will last until April (so less than a month), or do you have to be on the code for a minimum period?

And do nill/NT codes automatically mean BR, and will the payroll dept know this (my employment doesn't require me to disclose BR etc)?

I've spoken with NDL this evening, and they say this is a bit of a grey area?

"What you see depends on what you are looking for"

Not quite sure what your asking here. BR means no personal allowance so you will be paying income tax on all your pay.

The normal tax code 2008/2009 is 603L, why are you not getting a personal allowance?

Tax codes are in force from the first day of the financial year (6th April) until the end but does not mean that the code cannot be changed mid year.

There are lots of reasons why you could be on nil code, your employer won't know and unless you worl for a very small firm will be unlikely to query it. I guess it will be only one months pay that is affected.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

You will need to check with your tax office what is happening. They should automatically notify your employer of your new tax code.

Maybe they don't (yet) know you are bankrupt.

Maybe they haven't (yet) told your employer.

Maybe your employer hasn't actioned the new tax code.

Lots of maybe's ...

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)