Excel - Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recently received two parking charge notices from Excel for parking in a local car park. (Previously this car park was totally free for the first two hours) hence I did not notice the change of signs on the first occasions, the second time I overstayed my ticket.

Is the current advice to ignore these notices completely or would I be best to use one of the standard letters on this site.

Thanks for any advice

Ed

Hi

I have recently received two parking charge notices from Excel for parking in a local car park. (Previously this car park was totally free for the first two hours) hence I did not notice the change of signs on the first occasions, the second time I overstayed my ticket.

Is the current advice to ignore these notices completely or would I be best to use one of the standard letters on this site.

Thanks for any advice

Ed

Feel free to ignore. Excel will give up after a few letters

DDWales, have you ignored letters from Excel? If so to what stage did they take their claim?

Yes, and this is what usually happens;

They will send 2 initial letters-the first to state that you have committed an 'offence' the second to increase the invoice amount. If you continue to ignore they usually pass it on to thier DCA,- CCS Collect who will send you a few more letters which again ups the amount 'owed'. For some it ends there but sometimes they have one last go by using Charles Howard 'solicitors' who spout more rubbish (this is the begging stage!). From there on in its the end:) The trick is not to enter into any correspondence. If you do they will think you are wavering and keep sending you more and more nonsense. Charles Howard has been known on here to quote a lot of unrelated case law to dupe people into paying when they write to them. Do a search on here regarding Excel and you'll see where im coming from:)