summons to court...help!!!

divadeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

GKTP

Thanks for that and yes you are right the debt is a mortgage and they can chase me for 12 years ggrrrr

A friend of mines brother as just gone bankrupt owing 169k and he has been told that after 12 months he will be debt free.... I was shocked, angry, these buggers are sending me to an early grave for 41k !!!! Were is the justice these days??????

Edited by divadeb
pressed wrong key and posted reply before i wrote it

Hi Deb,

I used to be a mortgage counsellor and was sent to see a lady who was divorced with a 12 year old daughter who lived in a property worth around 200k and had a mortgage of 12k.

The endowment was being paid by her ex husband (someone famous) who didn't notice the paltry amount leaving his bank account.

She was absolutely skint and living from hand to mouth, charity shops, sell by dates surfing etc (actually I ought to go see her as I am in a similar position now) and charity of friends.

Her shortfall on the interest was £12 per month and the big bully building society went for possession!!

These people deserve what they get!

Don't worry as long as you have an internet connection you will always have friends and support on here

GKTP

GKTP

Knowing my luck after my financial court hearing next week they will tell me to sell my laptop and have my internet disconnected to help pay off the £41k lol I always get s**t on from great heights, I must have been really bad in my first life !!!!???? :)

Hi Debs

Me first dibs at the laptop £5 my full and final offer!!

It would appear that we are close in the debt stakes - I have a little less but growing thanks to charges etc.

I suppose I am lucky as I am not working and rent - no real assets so they can't get blood from a stone.

I am quite excited as I have ha my first response from Crap On! from Ellie no less.

Is she really so incompetent? Does she really believe that what she sent me as a response to my CCA is anything like an agreement?

Keep on keeping on

GKTP

Hi Debbie....i've just been alerted to this thread, my feeling is this, you really need more information, I agree with Bazaar, that there are probably a huge amount of charges added, and you are effectively a soft target in a vulnerable position. I'm not knowledgable of court protocol at this stage unfortunately, but if you and hubby are asked to go, you MUST do this. You can only pay what you can afford, I think you also need if it is right to do so that you DISPUTE the amount owed too, due to excessive charging....As far as using the civil procedure rules goes, i'm not sure which you could use. You really need to have a chat with a local law centre, or the national debtline is a good start, explain the situation to them - National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000 (free, confidential and impartial)...may I ask what the court summons says ?? A SAR (Subject Access Request) may be a good start too..

42man

I have just rang the national debt line, thanks for pointing me there. They were amazing and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted of my shoulders. I am just in the middle of downloading form N245, i am going to fill it in and take it to the court now. When I rang DLA 14 months ago and told them a change in our situation they sent me the income expenditure form to fill in when they should have told me to contact the courts and have my judgment made variable and pay what I could afford. Apparently they were very naughty and left me so that it looks like i have defaulted in the eyes of the court....they are now hoping to get more a month or there hands on my house.....the latter very unlikely as its a council house :lol: So they have bogged up. They are sending me all the court forms so I know what to expect and have my answeres ready, and I will have my form N245 receipt at hand aswel so they know I have tried to sort this out. Ta very muchly for everyones help....this morning I was on the verge of commiting harry carry:D

• 1 month later...

This assessment of your means will have had to be as a result of a CCJ.

What is the date of the CCJ.

If it was at the same time as the repo in 1995 then the lender may be out of time to enforce.

If it was later: you need to find out more, as you may be able to have this set aside if you had no notice and may have had a defence.

N.