MBNA & Abbey cc, full and final settlement advice.

kb_ba1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Summerbreeze. I did send an harassment letter first time around and the calls did stop until recently. At least they're not calling me at work or at home for the time being anyway. It's just my mobile so at least I can choose to ignore it!

Think I may well remove my numbers from my contact details online though. Good idea! Moving soon too so my home number will change. ;)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Subbing, as I am in the same position as you kb_ba1 as I have had nothing from MBNA but letters from Aegis so far for my two accounts. I too am considering complaining to MBNA for sending this to Mumbai without even acknowledging CCA requests or that the accounts are in dispute.

Hi exchange,

I agree about complaining about the use of a company based in Mumbai... And I'm sure it is illegal to sell information outside of the EU due to the Data Protection Act as I'm sure I've read somewhere that India doesn't have one. Will try and do some research and post what I find...

Hi KB,

Sorry to hear you are still getting aggro from Aegis/MBNA on the phone - hopefully as you say once you've moved and have a new number this will be an end to it, especially if you can delete your other number from their system via online banking. Unfortunately OH doesn't seem to be able to access his MBNA accounts online, so that's not an option for us, although I have to say we seem to be getting far less calls of late (not sure how long that will last though!)

Good luck with your move, btw:)

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi Landy,

They're a nightmare aren't they?! Glad your OH half is receiving fewer calls although I'm sure you would both prefer it if there were none at all!

I'll be drafting yet another letter of complaint this evening so will see where if anywhere that gets me... Also, I wonder what the postman might have bought for me today. Doubt it's anything I've asked for though!

Oh, and thanks for your best wishes about the move. I'd neglect to tell certain people I'm doing it if I thought it would make it go away! ;)

Subbing....

kb_ba1 just read through your thread and I have encountered very much the same as you. Through this wonderful forum I have learnt not to be bullied by these people, especially when I have learnt that they have no right to do what they do.

It has changed my viewpoint on everything, just follow the advice on here and we'll all learn together. What's the worst that can happen... the truth is not much!

Keep the faith ;)

UK Tigger

Still nothing from MBNA... The 12+2+30 days are up next week. Should I just leave it for now? I did send them a letter last week complaining about the calls from Aegis as they had no right to sell the debt on due to the accounts being in dispute but still nothing. And the calls continue, which I have been logging up to 6 times a day. Argh!

It's quite amusing to just ignore the calls, don't answer the phone and (if you have 1571 or an answer m/c) eventually the messages left get quite desperate. When you're in the position of a good chance of an unenforceable agreement, sit back and have a laugh at the tactics used.

Just take it slowly step-by-step

Use the force, grasshopper :D

Tigger

The 12+2+30 days are up on Thursday and I yet to hear anything surprise, surprise). Am still receiving several calls a day from Aegis as well as postcards and the usual 'account in arrears' letters from MBNA as well as charges.

If I still haven't heard by Thursday, what's the next step?

Thanks

So it's Friday now and they haven't replied. More bleeding calls, letters and texts from Aegis even after writing to MBNA to complain and remind them the accounts are in dispute. This whole saga is really starting to get me.

Now MBNA are officially past the time frame for replying to my CCA request what should I do. Complain again? Threaten court action? Continue to ignore them?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Yes, I sent that off a month ago yesterday. No communication from them regarding either. But the letters/postcards/calls continue. I sent both recorded and they were signed for...

It took them 3 months to reply to my account in dispute letter and then just a template saying they dont agree its in dispute and wont enter into any more correspondence.

Have you sent the phone harrassment letter? If you have then send it again and threaten to report them to OFCOM

Abusive or threatening calls | Ofcom

Next time Aegis call tell them you have reported their calls for harrassment to OFCOM and demand they remove your number from their lists. Ask for the name of the person calling and their supervisors name.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Summerbreeze,

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday. I have sent an harassment letter, but think I will send another like you suggested and this time tell them I'll report them to OFCOM too. Such a farce, be glad when it's all over and I can get on with my life as I'm sure every other cagger will agree!

One other thing... I'm not paying them anything at the moment as the account is in dispute, but I am worried what position that would put me in should this ever get to court...

However, I did get a letter from them (post 47) stating that they would bar interest for three months and I've just checked my statements to see that they want £630 for MBNA (£220 interest) and £430 (£132 interest) from Abbey. Now I'm in a real panic, as a) they said they'd stopped the interest and b) I though if the account was disputed they couldn't do that anyway. The total they're asking for is pretty much my monthly income before rent and bills!!!!

Please help!

Edited by kb_ba1

I really don't know what my next step should be... Ignore them? Write to them stating they haven't complied with my CCA request and complain that they have charged interest and late fee's when they are not entitled to?

Please advise, sleepless nights have started again with worrying about it.

Thanks.

Could someone maybe point me in the direction of a template letter i could send MBNA telling them they haven't complied, the account is in dispute and they have acted wrong by charging interested, placing late charges on the account and also passing the arrears over to Aegis? I'd like to try and get the correct wording whic mentions the relative acts etc.

many thanks

Ok... I'm just getting very worried that I may end up in court. I really don't think I could cope if it ever got that far and I'm concerned that the interest will keep mounting up and that the problem is just going to get bigger and bigger.

I think I'll have to write to them again, just so I know I've done something and that may help but my mind at rest.

Ho hum...

Could someone maybe point me in the direction of a template letter i could send MBNA telling them they haven't complied, the account is in dispute and they have acted wrong by charging interested, placing late charges on the account and also passing the arrears over to Aegis? I'd like to try and get the correct wording whic mentions the relative acts etc.

many thanks

If you look at the letter cited and attached to post 84 on my thread at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/157941-darset-mbna-5.html then you'll find that covers most of the references you want. That said, MBNA will not pay a blind bit of notice as you'll see from the rest of that thread.

It's possible that if you send the letter to somewhere other than the corrections department that may have better results. You can get the directors' names from the Companies House web site but unfortunately they'll all chickened out - now, there's a surprise - and have taken advantage of a concession allowing them to use the MBNA office address rather than post their own home addresses as is the case with most directors. One of these days if I ever get some free time I'll try to track down the relevant home addresses, whcih shouldn't be that difficult to do although it will be timeconsuming.

Thanks Darset, that's a great help.

Also, if you could find their home telephone numbers too perhaps we could all ring them at all hours of the day and night. See how thy like it? Just a thought...!

As MBNA have been continuing to add interest and charges whilst my account is in dispute should I attempt to get it taken off? Just to make sure, they are breaking the law by continuing to do so aren't they? Also, should I complain to some kind of governing body? If so, who?

Thank you!