Carmel Butler / House of Commons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think Supersleuth is taking a sabbatical..all will unfold in due course.

Anyone have an update on the above ?

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The “Judge” actually declared more than 5 times that he had not had chance to read my defence but chose to strike it out.

Would not that be grounds for Appeal ? Was this a Summary Judgment hearing ?

The test under CPR 24.2 (Summary Judgment) is whether the prospects of success is realistic rather than fanciful; the court should consider the evidence which can reasonably be expected to be available at trial - or the lack of it: Royal Brompton Hospital NHS Trust v Hammond [2001] EWCA Civ 550;

The duty of a judge hearing such an application is to assess the prospects of success of the relevant party, the criterion being not one of probability but the absence of reality: Three Rivers District Council v Bank of England (No.3) [2001] UKHL 16 per Lord Hope.

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Would not that be grounds for Appeal ? Was this a Summary Judgment hearing ?

The test under CPR 24.2 (Summary Judgment) is whether the prospects of success is realistic rather than fanciful; the court should consider the evidence which can reasonably be expected to be available at trial - or the lack of it: Royal Brompton Hospital NHS Trust v Hammond [2001] EWCA Civ 550;

The duty of a judge hearing such an application is to assess the prospects of success of the relevant party, the criterion being not one of probability but the absence of reality: Three Rivers District Council v Bank of England (No.3) [2001] UKHL 16 per Lord Hope.

No it is a possession application and they applied to strike my defence which the judge gave them.

I don't have the money for appeals and in any event don't know how to do them. Now I have been told that because my defence has been struck out I have no say in the hearing for possession, I can only speak if possession is granted and that is to ask for time!!!

If anyone does know of a firm of Solicitors who have a back bone then please post their details on here.

Have you tried contacting the Site Team ? I know they've recommended some good lawyers to other Caggers all be it for CCA 1974 issues.

Now when I try to get a “solicitor” or barrister to look at my case (even a barrister who was recommended to my by someone on this thread!) they are not interested.

If that was me LD, then I'm sorry, when I spoke of the possible introduction he did say he can't guarantee taking anything on but will treat it everything on its merits from anyone. He won't discuss anyone else's claim with me of course so I'll never know why he wouldn't take, all I can say is he worked wonders for me. Anyway, one mans loss is anothers good fortune so we must press on with what you have and make it work for you. Good luck anyway, we tried..

SC

he worked wonders for me.

SC

Hi Smarterchick, may I enquire - were your successes in relation to a mortgage issue ?

By the way, I'm sure Lloyds Defender didn't mean any ingratitude to your kind help, I imagine the stress and frustration LD must be going thru' is terrible. I hope the site team can recommend someone who could act for him / her.

Also good luck in your appeal.

Edited by shakespeare62

Smarterchick,

I am very grateful for all the help I have had from this site. Your assistance is very much appreciated. I was having a go at the legal profession because its one of economics and fast bucks as apposed to helping people and they appear to all stick together.

Please accept my apologies if my post came across any different.

Have you tried these people - probono group

The Bar Pro Bono Unit: Free Legal Advice and Representation

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Smarterchick, may I enquire - were your successes in relation to a mortgage issue ?

By the way, I'm sure Lloyds Defender didn't mean any ingratitude to your kind help, I imagine the stress and frustration LD must be going thru' is terrible. I hope the site team can recommend someone who could act for him / her.

Also good luck in your appeal.

Answer to your first question is yes.

Answer to your second point: I never would suggest LD was implying any ingratitude, I can see what LD is going through and he/she has my full support no matter what reaction may come from those frustrations as I've been there myself and seen hundreds on here facing the same. We just have to thread our way through these jungles of brick walls until we find that loose brick. I found going to a direct access barrister as being a cheaper option than getting a barrister via solicitors which is generally the way most have to go with their cases and I am sure LD is only too pleased to take up on any advice which might ease the pain of all this and the frustrations, this kind of fight is no fun for anyone and I for one would criticise no one for what they try to achieve. We all come up against brick walls and LD is no exception, I'm just sorry when it happens. It's only but for the likes of all the good people on here that pulls each of us through this mire..We just have to keep helping LD and others to find a way through no matter how many attempts it takes. ;)

SC

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
WOW!!! What a read. Brilliant stuff !!!

Seems a bit of an abrupt end though?

Yep, didn't seem to get anywhere. In the UK, it all seems legit because it is an uncompleted sale and thus equitable.

But doesn't the SPV/Trustee say they own the mortgages, in order to able to offer them on the market? If so, how can they own something not completed?

Yep, didn't seem to get anywhere. In the UK, it all seems legit because it is an uncompleted sale and thus equitable.

But doesn't the SPV/Trustee say they own the mortgages, in order to able to offer them on the market? If so, how can they own something not completed?

Where's that Seutonious when you need him? :-)

Where's that Seutonious when you need him? :-)

He's of the same opinion I quoted in my post above, i.e. that nothing can be done as it's all legal. It may seem unfair to the customer but doesn't seem to be unlawful.

He's of the same opinion I quoted in my post above, i.e. that nothing can be done as it's all legal. It may seem unfair to the customer but doesn't seem to be unlawful.

You mean you and Seutonious actually agree on something? :lol: My god the world is changing....

You mean you and Seutonious actually agree on something? :lol: My god the world is changing....

Now now ... i'm only saying how i see it at the moment ... i've not got further than this with the matter. Hopefully things will change and we may have another avenue to chase but at the moment it's gone dead.

My bank still hasn't said why they sign their letters with "as administrator" and the FOS won't look at it as part of my complaint on unfairness and reclaiming arrears charges, which they say are not within their remit to investigate but consider them fair.

• 4 years later...

It's a bit late for me to have found this great thread as I have to defend a possession case by Nat West tomorrow and am trying to use Carmel Butler's Memorandum to good effect. Thanks for the great research peeps, how did you find the details of the SPV for Abbey and any idea where I might find who Nat West might have securitized to?

"Modern 'currency' is known as 'fiat money': it is artificially created, has no value in itself and the basis for use in exchange is typically a government edict." Paul Morran, Information Rights Unit of Her Majesty's Treasury.

Ooops! Just realised I'd only read to page 3 of this thread, much more reading to do. :|

"Modern 'currency' is known as 'fiat money': it is artificially created, has no value in itself and the basis for use in exchange is typically a government edict." Paul Morran, Information Rights Unit of Her Majesty's Treasury.

thread is from 2011 well dead now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...