Discussion on enforceability of agreements

toto003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought it was 21 days too, followed by a further letter allowing another 21 days as per templates near start of thread to show have been "very reasonable"

I thought it was a N244 not an N149 you sent afterwards too :confused:

Yep, if I read the original posts right then you have to show being reasonable to protect yourself against possible costs:shock:, i.e. CCA/SAR/CPR 21 days, CPR 14 days then N244 possibly

N149 is the allocation questionnaire form:?

Confused PmW

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes with the CPR you have to show you have been reasonable and taken every other route to requesting documents before you ask the Court.

CCA = 12 + 2 days

S.A.R 40 days

CPR 21 days X 2 (2 letters) (I gave mine 28 days to show how nice and reasonable i was!)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Steven 4064,

Know you have a life away from this site. But you asked me to post the copy agreement with Nat West (who didn't ammend the original once my partner cancelled her PPI within the cooling off period). Tried to scan but have horrilble feeling that it can't be enlarged on this thread. If so can I send a copy as an attachment on hot mail as that works so it can be read. :oops:

Look forward to any observations and thanks again.

I am investigating the numbers (dates?) printed on the bottom of both sides to see if they tally up - should they be exactly the same, does anyone know?

Also, what about the fact that there is no box to accept or decline PPI or any mention of PPI anywhere on the agreement, yet OH has been paying PPI since the date the card started?

Thanks again,

Landy x

The numbers on the bottom left of the first side of CCA are as follows -

DPBT-01/05

and on the second side bottom right -

MB-101-F-02-04

and below this -

DP-12-04-8113-2.9/15.9 6

Now the 01/05 looks like a date (card was taken out in 05/05)

and the second two numbers each contain what could be a date -

02-04 and 12-04.

Am I right in thinking these 'dates' should be the same if from the same agreement?

I would very much appreciate your opinions, please, both on this and the lack of provision for a PPI option!

Thank you,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Yes with the CPR you have to show you have been reasonable and taken every other route to requesting documents before you ask the Court.

CCA = 12 + 2 days

S.A.R 40 days

CPR 21 days X 2 (2 letters) (I gave mine 28 days to show how nice and reasonable i was!)

Is it essential to send for a SAR before requesting under CPR?

Hi All,

Getting back to the subject of enforceability of agreements, could anyone with the knowledge please take time to look at post #7 of this thread and possibly let me know what the verdict is:-

Blair, Oliver & Scott Prompted into action

Also if possible look at post #22 on this thread and give me the verdict:-

1st Credit Reponse to CCA request, start of a long year.

As you will see I quite new to this game and not sure where I stand with these two.

Many thanks for any help you can give, if you need more from me just ask.

deepdebt

The agreement in post #7 of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/180523-blair-oliver-scott-prompted.html is enforceable as it has the prescribed terms (Immediatley above the notice "IMPORTANT YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY") and your signature.

The agreement in post #22 of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/180521-1st-credit-reponse-cca.html is only enforceable if the two pages are front and back of the same document as the signature is on the first and the prescibed terms are on the second (under point 7)

Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements.html - that will make it all clear (I hope)

Hi Steve, I too want to thank u for all your useful insite.

Do you however know if i can challenge a mortgage agreement in the same way that i can challenge a credit card or loan agreement and if so how do i go about doing this.

Many thanks.

Mortgages are usually more than £25K and therefore are not regulated by the CCA 1974.

What are the implications if a creditor has made an error with their date stamp on your application form/agreement? One of mine has the creditor's date preceding the date I signed by about one month. As this was an application form and, I believe, therefore a pre-contractual agreement, doesn't this change the whole nature of the document?:confused:

What are the implications if a creditor has made an error with their date stamp on your application form/agreement? One of mine has the creditor's date preceding the date I signed by about one month. As this was an application form and, I believe, therefore a pre-contractual agreement, doesn't this change the whole nature of the document?:confused:

Think from reading the regs that makes it incorrectly executed but enforceable by a court order. See Stevens thread re: docs for possible clarification

HERE

What if the date stamp is 2 years after you originally signed it? (They waited 2 yrs before stamping it).

Actually it's missing all Prescribed Terms but wondered what the implication would be if the terms had been present.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

hi all im having abit of a fight with barclaycard,can someone tell me if this is an enforceable credit agreement? the first two pictures are of the letter i received along with the agreement.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/carteroo5/img003.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/carteroo5/img004.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/carteroo5/img005.jpg

hi all im having abit of a fight with barclaycard,can someone tell me if this is an enforceable credit agreement? the first two pictures are of the letter i received along with the agreement.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/carteroo5/img003.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/carteroo5/img004.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/carteroo5/img005.jpg

Its a fast track application form, it has a signature so could possibly be enforceable if it had any prescribed terms on which it doesnt so I would say No way jose to Barclaysharks... is this all they sent you, no back to the app form at all?