Non arrival of goods.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I recently found a company advertising Sony flatscreen TVs for sale at approx 20% less than any other outlet /websites. I ordered 1 and was instructed to pay by BACs which i did. Few weeks after payment i chased delivery and was told they had had an issue at warehouse. Couple weeks later i chased again and the company were no longer trading.

Can i recover monies paid from anybody ?

Thanks in advance

Yes, what company?

I can't thnk of any solution here. Unless you have evidence of wrongdoing by the directors

All you can do there is to follow the instructions and hope for the best.

If it has been put into the hands of liquidators, you would be at the bottom of the pile to get a refund and there is never anything left when it reaches that stage.

If you used a credit card, then do a chargeback with the cc issuer.

I ordered 1 and was instructed to pay by BACs which i did.

Bank transfer. Doesn't sound good.

EDIT: just checked the site. If they stick to their terms, hopefully you will receive all monies paid.

Edited by GreatWonder

Hi,regarding Mamalooka,I paid for TV and Wii Console on 5th December(Bank Transfer as 5% discount).Various excuses were given for non delivery until the company stopped trading at the end of January.Tried for quick refund,gave them my bank details and asked for refund form by Email but all to no avail.They say they sending out form in post but all seems like stalling tactics.If you have any luck please let me know.

Thanks

Hi just googled this thread.

In Nov 2008 I placed an order with mamalooka.com and also paid by BACs

as they said they were giving 5% further discount for BACs payments.

I Cancelled the order after various excuses were given as to why my item hadn't been dispatched. (warehouse flood etc :rolleyes:) I was Promised refund within 30 days. More excuses followed, then I discovered they had 'ceased trading'

They don't seem to have a full address on the site either which is a worry

'Mamalooka Stores, Firhouse, Dublin, Ireland'

Now they tell me refunds can ONLY be given after filling in a claims form (Which will be sent out within 30 days :rolleyes:)

I can't find ANY info on this company.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this form has appeared on the mamalooka stores website:

http://www.mamalooka.com/refundclaim/ukandireland/refundapplication.html

"Since Mamalooka Stores ceased to trade 30 days ago, we have been working hard to secure the financial resources required to process your refund. We are treating this situation with the utmost priority and will keep you regularly updated in regards to your refund.

Please complete the form below to complete the final process required in order for us to process your refund.

Refund settlement terms and conditions

By completing this form and clicking on the ‘Agree’ check button you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms we cannot process your refund effectively.

1) Upon full receipt of refund monies due I agree to release Mamalooka Stores EEIG from any further claims or liability to interest due or costs incurred.

2) I agree to keep all information on this page confidential and not to disclose to any third parties not associated with my order or refund.

3) I acknowledge the possibility that Mamalooka Stores EEIG may process my refund in a number of instalments payable over an agreed period of time no longer than 6 months in duration. (Most refunds will be processed in full with one payment)

If you have any further questions or need help completing this form please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected].

Signed

22nd February 2009

Mamalooka Stores EEIG

Firhouse, Dublin, Ireland"

Any suggestions in how best to pursue this would be most welcome

Thanks

I e-mailed them last week threatening police action and they said a form would arrive through post within 7-10 days. I then received copy of the form via e-mail on Monday. Have filled in and sent back. I am not hopefull of receiving any refund.

Will keep thread informed of any future developments.

You could try a refund direct from the your bank. The bacs site says:

To stop/cancel a Bacs Direct Credit you have to contact your bank to recall the payment. It's a good idea to call your bank as soon as you are aware of the situation. They will advise you if it's possible to recall the funds and advise you of what is required.

Thanks for your replies.

No joy so far with my bank. They said 'the other bank' aren't allowing refund.I will keep hassling them but not looking good.

As for that form (refund in instalments over 6 months) 'If you do not agree to these terms we cannot process your refund effectively.'

NO WAY am I agreeing to that!

It's looking more & more like they aren't going to 'willingly' refund my money. I think this company need investigating, not sure where to start as they are based in Ireland?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for your reply.

I have had an e-mail from them on Friday stating the refund should be paid by BACs next Tuesday 18th August, which is the final batch of refunds "so they say"

Well I will wait and see and let you know. This is the fourth time they have told me this so I am not holding my breath.

• 3 weeks later...

hi this company mamalooka electrical appears to be paying refunds to some of their customers and not to others i have written lots of emails to this company and every time i get told that it would be paid give us a few more days they are far from being honest here and also they want to save the company what for to do the same again the last email i got was saying all refunds have been dealt with as from midday today that was 21 /08 /2009 now not responding to email as for refunding money this should have been paid so much in the pound because what has happened some got some have not and i am one of them 475 pound lost but i have contacted the european consumer board who work in european comunity as the irish one cant do the checking as its a crossborder issue i have the address of the consumer centre and trading standards for europe and have informed them whats going on and i am determied not to give in to this company web: www.ukecc.net

telphone 08456 04 05 03

monoply

Thank you for your reply.

I am in exactly the same position as you and for the same amount of money and I presume you also made the mistake of paying by BAC's?

Liam Murphy from Mamalooka is no longer replying to my e-mails and the last one I had was on the 21/08/09 stating all refunds had been paid.

I have reported this matter to Trading Standards in UK and Dublin and have also been in touch with Companies House in Dublin who say Mamalooka are not listed with them.

Please keep in touch as like you I am not going to let them get away with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have also been conned by Mamalooka Stores, i paid by Bac's for Wii on Dec 12th 2008, after numerous promises and emails the last being 21st Aug 2009, saying all refunds have been dealt with, including yours of course there are NO refunds outstanding as of lunchtime that day, but still havn't received a penny.

I would be most grateful to anyone who could advise where i go from here.