• Tweets

• Hearing took place today.  Case dismissed with costs awarded. Neither UKPC or a representative turned up.  Apparently they messaged the court on 7 May asking for their case to be considered on paper.  Never informed me, which was criticised by the judge as not following procedure.  I was really annoyed as I would have preferred for the case to be thrown out before the hearing, or at least face them in court and see them squeal.   They are just playing a numbers game and hope you blink 1st!   Ended up having to change my flight, but  the costs awarded softens the blow. Was asked to confirm it was my signature on both the witness statement and supplementary statement.  Wasn't asked to read them, said she could see my arguments made and the signs were insufficient and no contract formed. Took maybe 10 mins in total.  Judge did most of the talking and was best for me just to keep quiet or confirm any statements made. Happy to have won as a matter of principle and have costs awarded. Maybe not worth all the time and hassle for any newbies or the technologically challenged.  But if you are stubborn like me and willing to put in the time and effort, you can beat these they! I big shout out to everyone who helped on the thread with their advice and guidance, special mention to FTMDave, thank you sir!  Really appreciate everyone's efforts. All the best!
    • I plan to be honest to avoid any further trouble, tell them that the name should be changed to my official name
    • There is no evidence that I was issued a PCN that was placed on the car and removed. It seems that I was issued a £60 PCN on the 8th of March (the parking date) but it was never placed on my car, instead,  they allege that they posted the PCN on the 13th of March and deemed delivered on the 15th. I never got this 1st £60 PCN demand. I only know about all of this through the SAR. I only received the second PCN demanding £100, which was deemed delivered on 16/04/2024 - that is 39 days after the parking incident.  I did a little research and "Legislation states that postal PCNs must be sent within 28 days, unless otherwise stated in the Regulations." as per London Councils Code of Practice on Civil Parking Enforcement.  The main issue is that I was not aware of the 1st £60 PCN as I didn't receive it - I'm not sure how this relates to the 28-day rule because that rule applies to the initial £60 PCN. PCM could say that "we sent him the letter by post and it was deemed delivered on the 15th of March" therefore the 28-day rule does not apply.  As regards the safety of the parking attendant, that is clearly something he chose to feel and he made the decision that his safety was threatened - I didn't even see him or had any interaction with him. I'm nearly 50 and I definitely don't look aggressive 😊  
    • okay will do. I'll let you know if anything transpires but once again - many thanks
    • Personally I would strongly suggest not risking going there with debts. Very possible you wont get back out again. And I know many in that position. Not jailed just unable to leave. the stories of Interpol in other countries sounds far fetched but in and out of Dubai is not a good idea. only two weeks ago a mate got stopped albeit a govt debt.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

clean up my credit file and get out of debt should i use a credit repair agency?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im writing here as a last resort i have since i was 18 been in debt and have recently been trying to sort it out i just need some guidance as to what i need to do

ive got my credit report and paid off a few of the defaults

i was looking at using a credit repair comp any they say they can write off most of my outstanding debts and remove defaults but they want 195 pound per agreement should i sign up and do this as i really want it sorted....

i have 6 defaults on my credit file 3 have been paid 3 havent i then have 2 other debt collection agencies after money that dont show up on my file

currently i have defaults for

02 450 pound (not paid) have had no contact with them for 2 years

avon 137 pound (not paid) have had no contact with them for 2 years

lowell portfolio 457 pound (not paid this was origionally a littlewoods debt) have had no contact with them for 2 years

llyods tsb more than credit card paid f+f settlement of 200 pound on an outstanding balance of 2000 pound shows as satisfied default

debt mangers 223 pound this was a next directry debt paid in full shows satisfied default

next directory default 244 pound this has been paid in full shows as satisfied default

i now owe 650 pound to llyods for an old overdraft this has now been sold to a debt collection agency

i also owe 250 pound to moorecroft debt collection agency for my old anglian water debt

are any of these likely to get wiped off my file if i pay this company or should i just leave it as is and pay them off bit by bit and be done with it

i would apprecite any advice on this

user_offline.gifreputation.gif report.gif

These companies can do nothing that you cant do yourself. If the defaults are entered correctly there is nothing you can do to have them removed unless the original company removes them.

Even if you prove the defaults were incorrect trying to get the CRA to remove them is very difficult. They normally just refere you to the company who defaulted you.

If any accounts had unenforcable CCAs you may have a possibility to have defaults removed after a major fight.

However you have two accounts there that dont need CCAs the overdraft and the Water company.

Rather then pay this company I would try and pay the debts off and have the accounts marked as settled.

You say a couple of accounts dont show up on your CRF have you had copies from the 3 major ones I had some on one that wasnt shown on another and I had one come back clean:)

Its really up to you but I cant see them being able to do anything you could'nt do yourself after a bit of research from this site. Looks to me is all they are going to do is check the debts are enforcable due to correct CCAs There are companies who do that for a lot less!!

These companies can do nothing that you cant do yourself. If the defaults are entered correctly there is nothing you can do to have them removed unless the original company removes them.

Even if you prove the defaults were incorrect trying to get the CRA to remove them is very difficult. They normally just refere you to the company who defaulted you.

If any accounts had unenforcable CCAs you may have a possibility to have defaults removed after a major fight.

However you have two accounts there that dont need CCAs the overdraft and the Water company.

Rather then pay this company I would try and pay the debts off and have the accounts marked as settled.

You say a couple of accounts dont show up on your CRF have you had copies from the 3 major ones I had some on one that wasnt shown on another and I had one come back clean:)

Its really up to you but I cant see them being able to do anything you could'nt do yourself after a bit of research from this site. Looks to me is all they are going to do is check the debts are enforcable due to correct CCAs There are companies who do that for a lot less!!

thanks for the advice i would imaging all the debts are enforcable unles im being stupid althogh i never did sign an agreement for avon / littlewoods / or 02 as i done these all online does that make them unenforceable??

No it does not make then unenforceable because when you apply for anything online you are agreeing with their current terms and conditions you would normally tick a box when you apply on line which is like an electronic version of your signature just a reminder if you send of a CCA letter to say O2 Mobile for example it will not work as Mobile Phones and a few other things like Bank Accounts with Over Drafts are not under the CCA 1974 so you would have to send them the SAR letter for other like Littlewoods you can CCA them or the DCA that have bought the debt from them.

Just want to check something: those first three which are a couple of years old and have had no contact about... If they run another four years like that they will be statute barred and won't appear for credit checking etc.? But if the OP pays them off now then it'd be six years from now before they 'disappear'?

If this is the case would it be worth taking a punt that, since no contact has been made for a couple of years this will be the status quo for the next four years? If during that time the OP is contacted then they could just go down the CCA route anyway. And if the limitations Act is amended to three years as they are talking about then all the better.

From what I know that if you start paying them again then the 6 years starts all over again because you would have aknowledged the debt, but if they have no credit agreements which is where the CCA comes into play for Credit Cards Loans and Catalouges then they will be unenforceable.

Like Lunar Jim said Why fuel the fire? For the ones that haven't made contact for 2 yrs, I would just wait until they do and then CCA them if applicable.

With regards to the Lloyds overdraft, have you claimed back the bank charges that may have been added onto this? I would Subject Access Request them first off and see what charges they have added to your account and take it from there.

I agree rattling the first three and making a payment would start the 6 years again. But if they are not settled they would show as unsettled default for the full term.

If it is your intention is to get credit then waiting the six years or four years is one way. If you look at some applications for credit they ask if you have any defaults in the last two years. I suppose if for instance you wish to apply for credit say for a mortgage then settling the defaults so they are all marked settled is the way to go. Then some lenders may be willing to lend. I dont think many would if you had unsettled defaults.

I think its a hard one to call!!

Getting back to your original question I dont think anyone could clean your CRA file so that you looked like a good risk to a lender.

Also waiting the four years could be risky as whoever has the debt or takes over the debt within the four years may not play by the rules!!:rolleyes:

The default whether paid or not will reamain for 6 years from the date it was defaulted on your file. Even if you pay the default date will not change and they cannot enter the same default twice. If applying for credit it is better to have them satisfied and over 3 years old. Some will negotiate removal if you pay in full - some won't.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

thanks for everyones replys ita a nightmare!!

so in everyones opinion id be better off leaving the 1st 3 as i have had no contact and then continuing to to pay the people ho are hassling me and basically the defualts are all going to stay on file for years anyway am i right in suggesting this....

another question the llyods overdraft most of it was made up of bank charges so can i reclaim them then

another question the llyods overdraft most of it was made up of bank charges so can i reclaim them then

Yes :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes :)

Regards.

Scott.

will i send the letters to the current debt management company or llyods and as i dont know the origional account number for the debit card is that a problem ? can you tell me how i go about doing this sorry for being a muppet but i really dont know how to do any of these things

thanks sarah

The DCA dealing with the LloydsTSB debt should deal with everything to do with the debt. However they probably wont and refere you to LTSB.

If you SAR the DLA they have in my case usually passed it back to the OC.

Once they comply and send you all details of the account any charges can be checked and possibly reclaimed.

One thing I done with a Natwest overdraft is I deducted the excessive charges IE from £35 down to £12 took of all the silly charges for letters and offered them what I thought I actually owed. Which was about £500 less then they said as a full and final. They accepted first go!!

Hope you have success.;)

The DCA dealing with the LloydsTSB debt should deal with everything to do with the debt. However they probably wont and refere you to LTSB.

If you Subject Access Request the DLA they have in my case usually passed it back to the OC.

Once they comply and send you all details of the account any charges can be checked and possibly reclaimed.

One thing I done with a NatWest overdraft is I deducted the excessive charges IE from £35 down to £12 took of all the silly charges for letters and offered them what I thought I actually owed. Which was about £500 less then they said as a full and final. They accepted first go!!

Hope you have success.;)

so if i send a sar to the dca (got a temlate letter on here ive just seen ) then see what they say from there is that right? with mine id say at least 500 of the 700 i owe is made of charges so if i can prove that once i have the statement things how do i go about getting them to sort it out then

sorry to everyone for being so naive