karenjen v Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Luck.

I'm sending mine out today , so not far behind you.

carlie

HALIFAX - SETTLED IN FULL - 26TH SEPT

NATWEST - SAR SENT FOR ICLE BRO - 27TH SEPT

ALSO GOING TO START CLAIMS FOR MUM AND DAD:D

BE A STAR GIVE 5% TO THIS SITE

:p IF YA LOVE ME CLICK THE SCALES:p

Thanks for that. I hope that I win but I keep having night mares that they will get to by claim and suddenly think that they are goin to make an example of me and take me to court:mad: . I can imagine singing my defence in court like their singing adverts!

:oops:

Received standard letter today,saying that they will look into my complaint within 4 weeks blah blah... I will stick to my timetable so I will send them the 2nd letter on 7th August. Keep you posted!

I have recently sent my LBA however when the 14 days are up I will be going on holiday for a week. Will that affect the procedures?

Secondly I the interest that I have been charged over the two years that I am claiming according to my bank statements probably amount to about £70 if that. My claim is for nearly £4000 is it worth working out the interest? I am confused...help:?

Im not sure if the extra time will affect your claim in any way, thats for someone else to answer I'm afraid, but having put *some* of my charges totalling £1089, and going back to May '04, the single 8% intrest is £122 on that alone. I have more statments coming though, and also, I *believe*, though I could be wrong, that I can charge another 8% intrest on top of the original 8%, thus bringing my total claim to £1333, and thats only a wee bit of it. have you calculated your intrest using the spreadsheet in the library? Thats how I done mines.

I used the spreadsheet to compile my Schedule of Charges, and it automatically adds the intrest on for you. Save the sheet at this point, but dont print it. Then, hide the colums that have the intrest in them print them out, ensuring no intrest is showing on the printout and send that away as your Schedule.

When its time to claim back the intrest, you can simply unhide the intrest colums and use it for that as well. If everyone done that, everyone would be claiming back their intrest, as its really easy.

Anyways, its your money, they've taken it, get it back! Its not the amount, its the principal!

Halifax Prelim letter sent 2/08 Fob off recv'd : 7/08, Settled 17/08, without LBA even being sent : £240 agreed, just £28 short of what we were claiming for!

BoS: All statments recieved, totalling £1,680 before intrest, 09/08 CCA Request sent to Hollis Briggs Solicitors, Prelim sent on 12/8. Hollis briggs never did reply to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). LBA has been sent, and action has begun in the small claims court! Return date 2/11, Prelim. hearing 9/11. Hollis Briggs have dropped the account, which is now back under BoS head office control! BoS ignored court claim, and din't reply at all. Spoke to rachel Hinchliffe, who said they did not recieve summons, now in her personal hands. 2/11 - Recieved noticed of debt collection on this account from Wescot, just more evidence of icompetency, and for court! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Papers were served on the 29th August I haven't heard a thing since ... should I be worried bank has up to 14th to respond but on reading the threads people are getting money before the 14 days or at least acknowledgement acouple of days after papers are served. Can anyone help??:?

I think im at the same stage as you. My claim was served on the same day and the bank have the same time to reply. Mines Natwest but i will be watching with interest.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Well Bank of Scotland decided not to respond to me so maybe Halifax trying this tactic too!

Im in Scotland so never got to be "one of the lucky few who gets to hit that JUDGEMENT button" although i am intrigued. Sounds much more exciting than simply writing to the court.

Good Luck

Halifax: £478 (+ interest & cost) reimbursed

Halifax Visa: £370 - 1/2 back so far

Bank of Scotland: £802 (+ interest & costs) court ordered to pay (BoS failed to respond)

Fantastic news! well done!

pleaseeeee let me be sooooooon! lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Congratulations. I have merged all your threads and changed the title so everyone can see how you got your bank charges back.

Donation button at the top of the page, and please complete the survey too.

Thanks and well done.:p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

Thanks very much. I could not have pursued this if this site was not available. ONce I have sorted out my money I will definitely be making a contribution. This money has pulled me out of a very difficult financial situation. Just a note to everyone pursuing a claim read the Q&A carefully and follow the step by step guidelines without straying.

I have been charged a further £117 since I put in my NI so I think that I may as well as claim that too!

Thanks again and good luck to everyone (not that you will need luck).;)

Reading into it in Scotland, I came acros this information, If your claim is for way in excess of £750, rather than claiming for tranches of £750 to reach your totalclaim figure, why not claim for tranches below £200 and in the attached info, your expenses may be significantly greater. Or am I reading this incorrectly?

The rules on expenses in Scotland can be complicated, for example, if a bank does not defend a small claims action (or having stated a defence does not proceed with it) then the protection of the restricted small claims expenses (eg. no expenses if the claim is under £200, or a maximum of £75 for claims over that figure and up to £750) does not apply in terms of Small Claim Rule 21.6 (available here: http://www.scotland-legislation.hmso.gov.uk/legislation/scotland/ssi2002/20020133.htm#IDA2ROLD).

Instead in that scenario the pursuer (eg. you) are entitled to claim expenses on the Summary Cause Scale. How much can I recover? Here is an example: your raise an undefended claim for £49.99, if after the Return Date no response form has been received by the court you can Minute for Decree in terms of Small Claims Rule 8.1 - you must Minute in Form 11 (download as pdf).

In the example given you would Minute for the principal sum sued for (eg. £49.99) with judicial interest at 8% per annum until payment with expenses of lodging dues (eg. £7) and the £181.30 block summary cause scale fee, resulting in decree for payment of £49.99, with expenses of £188.30 (all in terms of the example used).

The relevant expenses tables in undefended small claims actions are reproduced below (with links to the relevant statutory instruments):