Peeved v Barclays --Newbie -- DPA sent 11/07/06 Here Goes!!

shellevans
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi All :) ,

I sent of to Barclays 11/07/06 over an account that has been closed now for around 3 years.Received a letter back 18/07/06 acknowledging receipt of the letter and to let me know my info will be arriving shortly (got ta feel sorry for the poor postie that day!!)

So here I am twiddling my fingers ready for the off -- can't wait to see just how much they've taken -- I know one thing its more than I can afford for them to pinch off me thats for sure!!lol!!

I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank everyone in advance for any help or advice that you may be able to give me and I hope I'll be able to do the same for others :oops:

I wouldn't have got this far without this site --- nice to know we're not alone!!

I'll sign off now and keep you all updated as to our progress (and frustration!!LOL!!)

Shell 80)

Having read your posts elsewhere I'm sure I don't need to tell you to read the FAQ's

Good luck with your claim and keep us posted!

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just gone through my statements ---- just arrived

Does anyone know what a paid referal is theres tonns of them everywhere -- me thinks its a type of charge could anyone confirm this for me--------please!! 80) !!

Also can I claim back account fees monthly of £6 my gut instinct is no but I thought I'd ask anyway!!

Thanks for any advice------its greatly appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well been away got computer changed in the end (under waranty) had a baby --- and ready to go again.....I sent off how much ages ago -- heard nothing from them -- so I think I've probably sent it to wrong place (DOH!)...I sent it to the same addy as I sent my request to so --so I think I best have a nosey around to see were I should send the next one to ---I'm just going to include the last one with it so it should be ok shouldn't it??

Well off to nsey around the site..

Shell

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys ,

Received a letter from Woolwich on behalf of Barclays saying they can't trace the charges I'm on about and to send account number in ( You know the one thats been on all the letters)

Is this genuine or should I just go on to the next stage (court) or send in the account number yet again...

Thanx

shell

• 2 months later...

Hi Shell,

I spose a new baby IS quite a good excuse!

You should proceed using Form N1 at your local County Court ASAP which gets your interest running.

Use the new POC from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/107635-new-poc-barclays.html

Print new SOC which will update the interest charges automatically.

Come back with and queries.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Sorted out our spreadsheet last night --- geez you just don't realise how much interest it all comes to -- thats if we've got it right lol!!

Just read the new Poc---stomachs starting to turn --- what a wimp -- got my Small claims court guide so I'll go through that tonight -- I've given myself a cut off of next Monday by then I have to have put it all into court (for a braver person it would probably only take 10mins)

Anyways thanx for your help

Shell 80)

You're welcome and just come back with any queries.

The small claims guide - is that from this site or from the Court. Check here first if in any doubt as things have changed a lot in the last few months.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Well,

I've sorted the spreadsheet out put in date/reason given/amount incurred/days from offence and last but by no means least interest....put name barclays acc no and schedule 2 on top..................

N1 form--- Wasn't too sure what to put so I just put -------Repayment of charges levied on my account and dates -- value--- I added theinterest and court fee also put 11p to be added daily from 17 Is that ok do you think??????????

Thanx

Shell

Shell,

Using Saintly's links above, amend your Claim detais on N1 as per the example.

Then it WIL be OK.

THANKS

Sorry for all the messing-------right N1 form done schedule 1 and schedule 2 done -- I read bankfodders post (yep I actually read!)

So I've added the overdraft interest on as well at 14.9 most of mine are good old paid referal but just the few or so I had doesn't half make a difference ------- wasn't sure whether to add it and then thought --blow it if the judge says no he says no doesn't he lol!!

Please don't tell me I've read it wrong I've pulled half my hair out and ran out of paper --- so let me just carry on in blissful ignorance-------(like I don't already!)

Thanx again

Shell

Hi All,

Well done it put in form -- told we'll have a claim number by end next week...........stomach is now officially churning 80(....

Put in N1 form all letters and statements hope I haven't missed anything sure I will have I am a numpty sometimes.......well most really ... 80)

The whole court things sooooooo scarey but why should they get away with it!!Well back off to find the link to change my user name kept falling over it yesterday--can I find it today------course not....

80)

Well done Shell,

It looks great when your N1 comes back with the Court Seal on it and on the front it says

ShelEvans - v - Barclays Bank

You'll think, Did I really do that....Yes, you did!

Slick