Lowells Auction of Debts

whirlybird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Roll up,roll up ladies and gentlemen,

The opportunity of a lifetime is yours for the bidding! You could become the proud owner of a couple of lovely, cast iron guaranteed Statute Barred debts.

Current owner Lowells are obviously reluctant to part with these Lots but times are hard and the cost of postage is becoming a burden.

So there you go Ladies and Gents, A Genuine Lowell Statute Barred debt is yours to bid on.

Original owner Whirlybird refuses to comment on her current bid and suggests any interested parties make their bid directly to Lowell Financial.

I think I may be inviting Leeds Trading Standards among others to bid and we'll take it from there

Whirly x

I'll bid 10p each for them.

The paperwork will be useful for the fire to keep me warm for a few mins.

Oh, but isn't 10p what Lowells paid for them in the first place?

Tell em to throw in a packet of Jaffa Cakes, and they might have a deal. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Well I'll up that to 15p and I'll throw in a Cornish pasty.

Red

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Thanks for the bids, you may well be in the lead as I could only stretch to 2p plus postage.

Still waiting for 1st Credit to auction off the big one as they are clearly not entertaining the Statute Barred letter and have now sent me my 3rd faux Stat Demand.

Will pass on the offers to Lowell but i'd hazard a guess they wont be forthcoming on the jaffa cakes

Whirly x

It just shows how sad and desperate the Leeds Losers have become. The shed load of UENFORCEABLE waste paper they purchased off Crap One backfired on them when they tried to CON caggers into paying. First of all the usual threats then when that didnt work wonderful offers of discounts before throwing the towel in.

Lowells BAH HUMBUG

Fred, that bid is a bit high - don't be so careless with your money!:-D

What the 15p or the oggy?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I came across a site the other day, which showed you how you can in fact buy your own debt for peanuts;

that is if you would want to of course!?

AC

Where is it then AC? I'd like to buy all of mine.

Fred

I came across a site the other day, which showed you how you can in fact buy your own debt for peanuts;

that is if you would want to of course!?

AC

I wonder how much my Stat Barred Debts are worth. Better still I wonder how much Lowell wasted on them that plus the numerous threatening calls and the dozens of funny letters they sent and all they got was 2 quid for the CCA requests. Doesnt make much business sense does it,

We could all buy each others and then have fun ringing each other up, seeing who could be the nastiest:D. And we could design our own threatograms with correct spelling and punctuation.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

We could all buy each others and then have fun ringing each other up, seeing who could be the nastiest:D. And we could design our own threatograms with correct spelling and punctuation.

And perhaps someone could come up with a board game of it?

Chuck away 'Community Chest' but keep 'Chance'

The Jail part would be closed altogether through lack of CCA's

Instead of 'GO' it would be 'pass to another DCA'

Can I suggest the working title 'MONOTONY' ?

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I'm waiting at the oppertunity chest. :D

It's freezing cold and most guys know what happens when nipples are exposed to cold weather.

-5 at work this morning at work and not a single female in sight. :Cry:

Now you now why I have to go clubbing dressed as a gingerbread man in Stoke-on-Trent, and still don't get a decent girl. I make the effort, why can't they lol.

Warm costume, warm nipples. I'm not as daft I as I appear to be on here.

Dare you take that risk. lol

Can someone help me pleaseeeeee!!!!!! :eek: aww poo.

Given away once again lol.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I have to go clubbing dressed as a gingerbread man

£75 for the costume...? Gingerbread Man Costume - Angels Fancy Dress Costumes

To go back on topic, and for a laugh, have a read at their blurb...

Jobs with Lowell Group. Jobs in Leeds on your local Leeds jobs site. Careers in Leeds, local employment and work in Leeds.

According to the Guinness Book of Records, the world’s largest gingerbread man weighed 168.8 kg (372.13 lb) and was made by chefs at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Vancouver, Canada, on November 19, 2003. It measured 4.23 m (13 ft 11 in) in height, 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in) wide and 5.08 cm (2 in) deep.

And I love The Guardian. Here's an example or two:

Your problems: Margaret Dibben writes your wrongs | Money | The Observer

see "Threatened over a debt I had already paid in cash"

Capital letters: Consumer champion Tony Levene fights for your rights | Money | The Guardian

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I made my own costume in the end

Couldn't find anything even half decent, so had to go it alone.

If you have to do gingerbread, then you have to go 100% crazy lol

3ab8ae5b.jpg

I am quite pleased with the end result though. When you get a constant stream of hot chicks wanting to have their photo taken with you, then you must have done something right, or something totally unexpected, or just plain crazy. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I'll have a pint of the last one - but not the John Smiths in the pic. If you could see the state of the river they draw water from in Tadcaster... Yuk!

According to the Guinness Book of Records, the world’s largest gingerbread man weighed 168.8 kg (372.13 lb) and was made by chefs at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Vancouver, Canada, on November 19, 2003. It measured 4.23 m (13 ft 11 in) in height, 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in) wide and 5.08 cm (2 in) deep.

I need more details on this one. :D

Can anyone provide pics or links?

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

That was stolen from Gingerbread man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Found a pic on magpie & cake: December 2006

And - risking the wrath of the CAGbot - DIY Naughty Gingerbread Kama Sutra | About Colon Blank :: The Procrastinators Wet Dream!

Edited by hillards
missed link

I'll have a pint of the last one - but not the John Smiths in the pic. If you could see the state of the river they draw water from in Tadcaster... Yuk!

It was only a John Smiths glass. The contents was actually Hobgoblin.

Piccie was taken last halloween at the Skirrid Inn. South Wales. Everyone else had come to the party dressed as witches and wizards, etc.

Apart from me. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I made my own costume in the end

Couldn't find anything even half decent, so had to go it alone.

If you have to do gingerbread, then you have to go 100% crazy lol

3ab8ae5b.jpg

I am quite pleased with the end result though. When you get a constant stream of hot chicks wanting to have their photo taken with you, then you must have done something right, or something totally unexpected, or just plain crazy. :D

i bet it keeps you warm this wether:lol: you do make me laugh FB:lol:

It was only a John Smiths glass. The contents was actually Hobgoblin.

Nice to see you've got a good taste in beer fuzzy.

Fred

Where is it then AC? I'd like to buy all of mine.

Fred

Well Fred there is quite a lot on google;

Debt sellers & buyers;

one fellow has even written a book on the subject.

Anyhow, here is an example, only a theory though but makes for an interesting read.

" Buy your own debt? -

Here is the theory...

You have a credit card that has been maxed out and you haven’t paid the bill in 24 months and now it’s in collections. The balance on that bad debt is $5,000. So the credit card company can't collect their money because you don't have the money to pay them. So they decide to sell your bad debt to someone else. That means that the original lender has sold your debt to an agency for lets say twenty cents on the dollar or $2,000. So now a new company is calling you to try to get you to pay them $5,000.00. But you still don’t have the money to pay...

So you decide you want to open your own company that deals in buying debt and collecting on it. So you go through all the red tape and start your company. You then contact the collection agency that now owns your debt and you offer to buy it from them for twenty five cents on the dollar or $2,500. They say ok they sell your bad debt to your company (p.s. they don’t know that it’s you buying it). So now you officially own your own debt! SO WHAT! You still paid $2,500 for it so what’s the point.

OK follow along closely!

The original creditor issued you the $5,000 line of credit you used all $5,000 and didn't pay them back. The creditor then reports you to the credit bureau and lowers your score.

Then after some time of trying to collect the money they give up and sell your bad debt to a collection agency for twenty cents on the dollar or $2,000. So now the original creditor reports to the credit bureau that you don’t owe them money. Why? Because now it’s the Collection Agency’s.... it’s now their job to report to the credit bureau that you owe them the money now. So the Collection Agency starts reporting that you owe them the $5,000. AND YOUR CREDIT SCORE STILL SUCKS!

Now you start your own company, you call the collection agency and tell them that you want to by "your debt" (not telling them that its you buying it) under the company’s name. They agree to sell it to your company for twenty five cents on the dollar. So you send the collection agency a company check for $2,500. The collection agency then reports to the credit bureau that they no longer have your debt and it comes off of your credit. Then it becomes your companies’ responsibility to report your own debt to the credit bureau..... SO YOU DON'T and your SCORE GOES UP and that $5,000 BAD DEBT is GONE!!

A theory that could work if you could buy one specific individual debt!!!

AC

ps I will probably be Gag Botted!?