mbna/rma

everton2005
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch for the flying pigs when the doorstep collector comes. They are both as rare as Hen's teeth. :D

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

well he never turned up damn . got yet another call off rma today requesting payment yea whatever so i told the girl mbna have still not supplied cca so no payment will be made also told her to stop ringing me doubt they will.she said well ring mbna up i said no you ring them up yuor company are working for them

You could always send them this letter. The only downside is that it stops them calling you, which makes life a bit boring after a while and stops you having fun with them.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Dear Sir,

Account no:

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that due to the failure to supply a copy of the signed, executed Consumer Credit Agreement this account is in dispute.

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

No prescribed terms, so completely unenforceable.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sending them letters only encourages them. They are in default - stop paying them - let their threat-o-matic computer start spitting out its drivel. You know that you are now in the driving seat - watch their increasingly desperate attempts to get money from you and laugh!

Remember they are a sad, pathetic septic company who thought they were above the law and now they have been found out.

You will get other bottom feeding pondlife trying it on as well - laugh more - they have no powers at all. If they try to take you to court then you can start to go nuclear (however if their 'solicitors' have half a brain cell between them they will realise that they do not have a leg to stand on).

just had a phone call from mbna

me hello

mbna could i speak to everton2005

me speaking

mbna did you receive your cca in the post

me yes

mbna can we now bring this account up to date

me no

mbna why

me no prescribed terms plus i think its only an application

mbna ok i will pass it to my collegue

phone rings again 5 minutes later

me hello

mbna my collegue just passed your account to me he tells me you are not happy with the documents sent out

me thats right

mbna well i am in the opinion that this agreement is water tight

me well am not no prescribed terms

mbna well were will this lead us

me thats up to your company

mbna we could take you to court to get the money back

me what with an application form

mbna thats all we need to supply

me ok bye

The reason they are willing to tell you this cr@p over the phone is because they can later deny it. MBNA have had their fingers burned more than once over unenforceable agreements. In future insist that anything they have to say to you is put in writing only. Do not engage in telephone conversations with them. They are well aware that if they took you to court and you defended they would lose.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Oh dear. They are really up the creek. Do you know how much the PPI comes to as a percentage of the account balance?

You might also wish to make a complaint to the OFT regarding the PPI. The OFT just fined Egg over 700K for their dodgy practices regarding PPI.

Hmm. I think I would start applying a bit of pressure then on MBNA to just write off the account and discharge your liability for the account.

• 2 weeks later...