Wilko v just about everybody

wilko1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont answere the phone to these people dont call these people, if they write to you regarding a credit card debt send the CCA Prove it letter do everything in writing, also when you do get written letters from them you might want to send another one back saying/demanding that they stop all phone calls.

If I get taken to court by a DCA, and I haven't received a NOA, how do I prove, I know I shouldn't have to, that I haven't received the NOA. Is there anywhere that I can print off a hard copy of rules/regulations that show that the OC should have proof of posting.

If I get taken to court by a DCA, and I haven't received a NOA, how do I prove, I know I shouldn't have to, that I haven't received the NOA. Is there anywhere that I can print off a hard copy of rules/regulations that show that the OC should have proof of posting.

Done in the prescribed manner, they should do this via R/Delivery but most do not.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

I'm aware that say Lloyds credit card company can take money from your Lloyds current account, it's not nice but I know they do it. But can they take payments for your credit card when the current account is already overdrawn, thereby increasing how much overdrawn you are.

You'd need to look at the terms and conditions of your credit card and current account to be absolutely sure. Chances are they can, if your overdraft is not up to its limit.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!

• 2 weeks later...

The word 'chancers' springs to mind.

MAJOR DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY AGREES TO PAY $146,000 CIVIL PENALTY TO SETTLE FTC CHARGES THAT

IT VIOLATED FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT

United Creditors Alliance Corporation, a major nationwide debt collection agency, has agreed to pay a $146,000 civil penalty in settlement of Federal Trade Commission charges that it repeatedly violated the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA). The FTC alleged that United Creditors called after hours; used obscene, profane or abusive language; falsely threatened consumers with arrest, garnishment of wages, or other legal action and engaged in a variety of other FDCPA violations when attempting to collect debts from consumers. The settlement, filed in federal court, would prohibit the Columbus, Ohio-based company from violating the FDCPA and require it to pay the civil penalty.

The FDCPA prohibits abusive, unfair or deceptive debt collection practices. Under the FDCPA, a debt collector may not use obscene, abusive, or profane language, or contact a consumer at inconvenient times, such as before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. Also, debt collectors may not make false statements, use false names, or threaten a legal action they do not intend to take.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Apologies if this is so simple I should know the answer, but I don't.

Some DN's have the full amount of the debt on them, yet others only have the amount of the arrears. Why is this and what are the implications for the debtor.

Thanks

Have a look at this:

PART VII

DEFAULT AND TERMINATION

Default Notices

.—(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a "

default notice ") is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by

reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,—

(a) to terminate the agreement, or

(b) to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

© to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d) to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as

terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e) to enforce any security.

(2) Subsection (1) does not prevent the creditor from treating the right to draw

upon any credit as restricted or deferred, and taking such steps as may be necessary to

make the restriction or deferment effective.

(3) The doing of an act by which a floating charge becomes fixed is not

enforcement of a security.

(4) Regulations may provide that subsection (1) is not to apply to agreements

described by the regulations.

.—(1) The default notice must be in the prescribed form

and specify—

(a) the nature of the alleged breach;

(b) if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it

and the date before which that action is to be taken;

© if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be

paid as compensation for the breach, and the date before which it is to be paid.

(2) A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than seven days after the

date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action

such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement

is made under subsection ( 1)) before those seven days have elapsed.

(3) The default notice must not treat as a breach failure to comply with a provision of

the agreement which becomes Operative only on breach of some other provision, but

i£ the breach of that other provision is not duly remedied or compensation demanded

under subsection (I) is not duly paid, or (where no requirement is made under

subsection ~1)) if the seven days mentioned in subsection (2) have elapsed, the

creditor or owner may treat the failure as a breach and section 87(1) shall not apply to

it.

(4) The default notice must contain information in the prescribed terms about the

consequences of failure to comply with it.

(5) A default notice making a requirement under subsection (1) may include a

provision for the taking of action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) at any time

after the restriction imposed by subsection (2) will cease, together with a statement

that the provision will be ineffective if the breach is duly remedied or the

compensation duly paid.

. If before the date specified for that purpose in the default notice the debtor or hirer

takes the action specified under section 88(1)(b) or © the breach shall be treated as

not having occurred.

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

• 1 month later...
Are these people a part of Barclays or a separate entity?

Thanks

Just wondering did they used to call themselves Ultimate Credit Solutions, are they based in scotland?

I could be wrong and thinking of a totally different dca.

P.

Different company from Barclays, based in Purfleet Surrey. Very amateurish IMO but par for the course. Even though they knew they shouldn't be contacting me as the a/c in question wasn't even at default stage yet they still kept asking for payment repeatedly. Took me two full days to get rid of them.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

• 2 weeks later...