• Tweets

• Thanks all, especially the information about Kev! Yes, I'll make the mods you all suggest, especially the client bits (didn't realise it was a one man band). The only thing I'm not sure of, is the best way to "sign off", especially as the Keeper is not so keen to sign. So I'd much rather send it from our pet dog. BTW does anyone know about the landowners at Harlyn Bay? I did try to find out last year but couldn't find anything useful, and whether it is worth raising this massive cash generator scam with them. I'm guessing the landowners get a small percentage, so happy to go along with it?
    • I haven’t reply, so the hearing hasn’t been decided 
    • whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Locked in car park

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shocking that someone would waste the time of Plymouth's finest.

Indeed.

Several valuable minutes were wasted investigating the 'crime'.

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes isn't it. And them being next door neighbours too:eek:

OMG :eek::eek:

You mean to say that PCAD is directly opposite the copshop?????

Then why on earth did it take them six weeks to report such a heinous crime?????

Mr Dexter threatened to report it only if Fred did not cough up £1500 for the REPAIR within 30 days of the 23rd March but this wasn't the reason because the college didn't actually give Fred 30 days at all did they??? (Certainly not according to the crime number they didn't).

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

OMG :eek::eek:

You mean to say that PCAD is directly opposite the copshop?????

Then why on earth did it take them six weeks to report such a heinous crime?????

Mr Dexter threatened to report it only if Fred did not cough up £1500 for the REPAIR within 30 days of the 23rd March but this wasn't the reason because the college didn't actually give Fred 30 days at all did they??? (Certainly not according to the crime number they didn't).

Right slap bang next door actually:D

12:45 pm broad daylight an incident where allegedly £5000 worth of damage was committed over a 15 minute period right outside a City Centre police station and nobody saw anything..........sheesh!

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

Typical- they're never around when you want one...

Is it possible that at the time of the incident the majority of Plymouth Police Force were on football duty? Sat 4th March 2006 saw a big South Coast match between Plymouth Argyle and Brighton just a mile up the Alma rd at Home Park. Good attendance for that level numbers swollen possibly by the odd member of PCAD staff one wonders....... Classes finishing early.... Security leaving early..... Hmm

They won 1-0 as I'm sure everyone remembers.

Edited by Toulose LeDebt

Is it possible that at the time of the incident the majority of Plymouth Police Force were on football duty? Sat 4th March 2006 saw a big South Coast match between Plymouth Argyle and Brighton just a mile up the Alma rd at Home Park. Good attendance for that level numbers swollen possibly by the odd member of PCAD staff one wonders....... Classes finishing early.... Security leaving early..... Hmm

They won 1-0 as I'm sure everyone remembers.

Now where did you dig that one up. Good sleuthing that man ! Well well!

So that's why they had to close early.

How did you find that?

:lol::lol::lol:

Now where did you dig that one up. Good sleuthing that man ! Well well!

So that's why they had to close early.

How did you find that?

:lol::lol::lol:

Football matches are very well documented, it will be much more difficult to establish whether the 13,650 crowd that day contained any security staff from PCAD and whether if in the affirmative such staff were still wearing their uniforms or had left work a little early to get changed and grab a bite of lunch.

Well! I slope off for a holiday for a fortnight and come back to half a novel to catch up on!

They really are in it up to their necks arent they! I certainly think after all the court stuff is over and Fred is in the clear, the council should have their hands forced to "make vacant" certain roles. I think a few letters to the LEA about their choice of employees is a necessity.... obviously I daresay one or two employees may not be available for work due to service at HM pleasure.. but well I daresay the buck doesnt stop with just one or two.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Hi TLD, I've forwarded a little email to you. Something else to chew on.;)

Thanks Patma just seen it. (that might have gone some way towards explaining their claims in disclosure but they couldn't even get that right could they?:lol::lol:)

Very quiet on this thread recently, do we take that as a sign some kind of storm is brewing?8-)8-)

We are all waiting in anticipation for the snippets of info we get :D

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Hi TLD, another little email on it's way.

Yes it has been unnaturally quiet, but as we well know there's a lot stirring beneath the surface...:cool::cool:

NATALIE, we'll put everyone out of their misery as soon as it's possible to do, but for the moment there isn't a lot to say.

You're all being very patient.:)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks