NEW SCAM.... Watch OUT !!!!

Werner M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure about the right place to post this.......Card through the letterbox.....telling you to call a 0906 -number as they tried to deliver a Parcel without success.....Companyname : PDS (parceldeliveryservice)...you phone them and listen to a answerphone which as soon as you get through costs you ....£ 15....a Belizecompany I think........:mad: Werner M. ( my ex told me this ) she must still love me:eek:

• Haha 1
:)

This is an old chestnut re-doing the rounds. Our local counter-fraud service has sent out this advice:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/709594

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pds-phone-[problem].html

The [problem] WAS true but apparently shut down in 2005 using the exact same number and originating from Belize.

Quote,

A STATEMENT FROM PHONEPAYPLUS ABOUT THE CURRENT 'POSTAL [problem]' CHAIN EMAIL

PhonepayPlus, the phone-paid services regulator, is aware that a chain e-mail about an alleged postal [problem] is being circulated on the internet. The email refers to the Royal Mail, Trading Standards and ICSTIS (PhonepayPlus’ former name).

PhonepayPlus appreciates that recipients of the email may want to find out more information about the alleged [problem] and has therefore issued the following statement:

• The chain email refers to a service that was shut down by us in December 2005.

• We subsequently fined the company that was operating the service, Studio Telecom (based in Belize), £10,000.

• The service is NO LONGER running and has NOT been running since December 2005.

• The email refers to a £15 charge for simply being connected to a recorded message. This is NOT TRUE – a £15 connection charge does NOT exist. The service in question actually cost £1.50 per minute and lasted six minutes, making a total cost of £9 if callers stayed on the line for the full six minutes.

• You do NOT need to contact us, or the Royal Mail, about this service as it was stopped almost two years ago.

• If you receive a copy of the email warning you about the alleged [problem], please do NOT forward it to others. Instead, please forward this statement from PhonepayPlus.

• Please go to www.phonepayplus.org.uk/pdfs_news/ConsumerGuide.pdf for useful information about how to recognise phone-paid services and understand what they cost, and some simple tips to help you enjoy using services with confidence.

Hope this helps

It's well advertised. I suggets people look at the Consumer Direct website to be apprised of such things - a well as the dozens of websites that post confirmed email scams (in case anyone gets a glimmer of hop of getting their mitts on the 20 squillion quid they have just got if only they would send a cheque for ... oh you know what I mean)