Tracey V HFC (Marbles) PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Tracy

Sorry to hear you are getting calls and being harrased, First think do not answer if you are with BT block the number with choose to refuse.

Next Get that harrasment letter sent of to them there is a template in the stickys.

Do not speak to them its letter only

It work for me with HFC

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Leon, I'm thinking should i be paying the minimum payment (really dont want to £80 is interest!) If I dont will they really muck up my credit file. My mortgage rate is up in 2 years and il need to remortgage, i would think this would be sorted by then they owe me lots in charges and insurance. Thanks again Leon:)

Hiya Tracy,

Ok in post 27 id say if can afford to pay the minimum i would as it looks better on your part if this ever went to the FSA OR FOS and HFC are likely to play ball better if you are not in arrears.

Post 28 can you scan the docs to your documents then upload them to photobucket.com once you have done this paste the links on here then i will take a look and advise accordingly.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Tracy i dont wana see any statements just post the agreement up removing any personal details like account numbers ,address etc. as for the charges they should be easy enough for you to total up as they will be on statements.

Regards

Leon

Tracy is that all they sent you as there are no figures to work on there seems to be a page missing so they have not complied with your request

Regards

Leon

If you have the statements there to this card you simply have to total up all the ppi payments but if it is like i guess and the ppi portion is bundled in with your monthly payment you will need to send a non comliance letter to Marbles/HFC explaining this and get them to break down the figures to show what was PPI and what was your monthly payment.

Regards

Leon

Hi Leon, I went through all the statements last night and added up my PPI there was a monthly figure on the credit card statements so i could easily work it out. The application form (above #32) is what they are saying is my CCA do you thinks it's enforceable??

Traceyx

Sent letter re claim for charges .

Edited by traceyb918

that on its own tracy no its not as there are no terms and conditions from what i can see.

Regards

Leon

Hello tracey,

Sorry it's upside down i dont know what it's all about i dont think it relates to any letters I've sent them!

If you have complained then this is a standard bog off letter saying:

We believe our charges are fair

We have no reason to think we have to refund you any of these charges

The charges are clearly set out in our agreements

The bank does not accept the findings of the OFT etc etc load of bull (S***) change in market practices we will reduce credit card default charges and therefore no refund. (I would forward a copy of the letter they sent to you to the OFT, Recorded delivery signed for the OFT need to see this response from a bank that has been fined for mis-selling PPI).

Basically the HFC are correct and the world is wrong:eek:

The letter you have posted is basically a Get lost not us gov we are innocent, we regret, we are sorry, and up yours in a polite way oh and by the way we are keeping your money:eek:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello traceyb,

This is a chopped about copy of one of my letters you can just make it suit you with your details etc please feel free to add or delete as necessary.

Your name&address

Xxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

See distribution:

(DATE)

The Office of Fair Trading,

OFT Enquiries,

Fleetbank House,

2-6 Salisbury Square,

London,

EC4Y 8JX.

Dear Sir,

Submission of a Very Serious Formal Complaint against the xxxxxxxxx (bank)

I wish to lodge a very serious formal complaint against the xxxxxxxxxxx for failure to fully comply with a Data Subject Access Request (SAR) under the provisions of Section 7 Sub section (1) ( c ) (i) and (ii) of the Data Protection Act 1998 which is a statute within the Law of the British Isles.

On the (DATE) I submitted a SAR to the xxxxxx(Name of Bank) asking for information on xxx account which I have held, with xxxxx (Bank).

To date I have not received the required information as requested.

Despite several further requests for the information none has been forthcoming.

I have not received any data in the form of recordings of telephone conversations or transcripts of those conversations between the (bank) and myself which I have requested.

I have not received copies of emails or letters which I know exist. (delete if not required)

I have also not received any properly certified documentation stating the information requested has been disposed of, destroyed or erased.

The (bank) is licensed by the Financial Services Authority and should I believe operate within the Law of the land and therefore respond within the statutory timescales within Legal Acts at Law, namely the Data Protection Act 1998.

I have, when asked, provided information to the (bank) but it seems to me now that they will try and delay supplying the data requested by using whatever delaying tactics they see fit.

My understanding is that the (bank) had 40 days to fully supply all the information requested in my SAR, this has most certainly not happened.

I would therefore like to request that each addressee takes the appropriate measures to instruct or at least direct the (bank) to supply this information to me as a matter of urgency.

As you will see by the distribution I will be lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioners office.

I would also request that the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service, the Office of Fair Trading and the British Bankers Association add this extremely serious complaint to their files on the (bank)

Yours sincerely

aa

Distribution:

The Financial Services Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS.

The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR.

The Commissioner, Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

The Information Commissioners Office, Casework and Advice Division, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

The Office of Fair Trading, OFT Enquiries, Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8JX.

Chief Executive, British Bankers Association, Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1EX.

When you have it ready send to all on distribution enclosing the copy of the response from marbles. It would also be worth a call to the Financial Ombudsman Service to get their advice.

All the information can be found in this link...

Financial Ombudsman Service

hope this helps if you check out other threads you will also see posts of other letters which may help.;)

aa

I also believe the CCA you posted is actually flawed but you will need more legal advice on that.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks aa. i've just sent them the folowing:

REQUEST FOR REFUND OF CHARGESLETTER BEFORE ACTION

Further to my letter of 6 December 2008, and Laurie Anton’s reply of 11th December 2008, I am again writing to ask you to refund the charges which you have levied from my accounts since inception. I now understand that the regime of “fees” which you have been applying to my account in relation to “over limit”/late payments and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations. My letter of 6 December explains this in detail and Laurie Anton’s reply of 11th December does not alter the fact that your charges do not represent a genuine pre-estimate of the actual cost of my breach of contract.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that, as at today’s date, you have taken a total of £547.73 including statutory interest. I require repayment of this amount in full and have enclosed a schedule of the charges that I am reclaiming. I would also contend that as these monies are unlawfully charged, payment should be made directly to me rather than being credited to the accounts.

If you do not fully comply within 10 working days of receipt of this letter (i.e. by Friday 25th December 2008), I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount (plus interest, plus my costs) without further notice.

I look forward to hearing from you by return.

Yours faithfully,

Hello traceyb,

Please have a long look at this long thread there is a massive amount of information here letter templates for complaints etc etc I have had a massive fight with my bank but if you can use any of the information in my thread please feel free to copy and paste then amend to reflect your own concerns/complaint and hit them hard. I have been on the go since Jan 08 and in fact earlier but you have to keep on fighting for the cause:D

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

Lots of pages but useful stuff for you I am sure also have a look at this link which gives even more information on the claiming issues.....

links

Hope this helps you out ;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for that aa, i've messed about andcome up with this?;)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Policy number: XXX

I write in response to my recent Subject Access Request dated 17th November 2008. I thank you for your information. After reading the information it has now come to my attention, that the credit card account no xxxxxxx, which I took out on the XXXXXXXXX had payment protection insurance applied to it. I have never received any policy or terms and conditions regarding this policy.

It has only become apparent to me after the recent coverage by the media, and following the recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of ppi by finance companies.. This is when I requested the Subject Access Request. Regarding the Credit Card with the ppi applied, I believe I that I have been gravely mis-led and have been mis-sold this expensive insurance that I did not need or want.

I was unaware that I had taken out insurance this was due to the fact that there had been a pre-ticked box on the application.

The charges total £1625.98 plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £498.74 interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of £2124.72. I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document.

What I require

Your concealment of the act of mis-selling has prevented me from asserting my right until now. I believe that there are strong grounds for action against you under common law, statute and consumer regulations.

My targets to resolve this matter

I am writing to ask you to refund the premium paid together with interest.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets. I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive this payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that this time frame is sufficient for a large company such as yours with its dedicated staff and departments. After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Hello tracyb,

I have altered but of course it is you shout on what you want to send.

Bits in red to remove and replace with the bits in bold blue.

Then have a good read through and if you are happy with it fire it off.

Remember this is just the starting gate in what could be a long race.

Thanks for that aa, i've messed about and come up with this?:wink:Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Policy number: XXX

I write in response to my recent Subject Access Request dated 17th November 2008. I thank you for your information. After reading the information it has now come to my attention, that the credit card account no xxxxxxx, which I took out on the XXXXXXXXX had payment protection insurance applied to it. I have never received any policy or terms and conditions regarding this policy.

It has only become apparent to me after the recent coverage by the media, and following the recent OFT,FSA and Competition Commisioners Office investigations regarding the mis-selling of ppi by finance companies.

This is when When I became aware of the widespread mis-selling of PPI I requested the Subject Access Request. Regarding the Credit Card with the ppi applied, I believe I that I have been gravely mis-led and have been mis-sold this expensive insurance that I did not need or want, and was indeed totally unsuitable for my needs.

I was unaware that I had taken out insurance this was due to the fact that there had been a pre-ticked box on the application.

The charges total £1625.98 plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £498.74 interest at the statutory rate, the amount the a Court could award court will award

I therefore ask request that you repay me the full amount of £2124.72. I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document

What I require

Your concealment of the act of mis-selling has prevented me from asserting my right until now. I believe that there are strong grounds for action against you under common law, statute and consumer regulations.

My targets to resolve this matter

I am writing to ask you to request a full refund the premium paid together with the interest that was applied to it. I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will Hereby give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a In full and final settlement and notifying me of a date by which I will receive this payment a satisfactory settlement of my claim.

If you fail to respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect and respond fully and to my complete satisfaction.

I believe that this time frame is sufficient for a large company such as yours with its dedicated staff and departments. After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

I look forward to a full fully comprehensive and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service to investigate my complaint. I will of course submit a full and formal complaint with a request that they investigate all matters that are notified within the complaint that I submit.

Yours faithfully,

I hope you don't mind me doing this. You can of course refine it further. The aim is to make them sit up and take notice and act.;)

aa

Edited by alanalana
spelling grammar and stuff

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello traceyb,

I got a letter yesterday from Marbles saying MArbles was being bought (If it hadn't been bought at the time your letter was sent I would stick with Marbles and chase them after all they sold the PPI and therefore should be liable for any comback by you) by Aviemore Finance (39.9%) with a new Credit Agreement ( I would ask them to clarify what they mean as they IMO cannot just magic up a new credit agreement (even though it is pantomime season) with a change to terms and conditions from a new company) I believe this is yet another ploy to fend you off claiming. what should I do and does this mean everything ive been doing up til now is awaste??? NO (keep at them with more letters insisting they deal with your complaint in a timely manner) have a look at my thread (link below) Hit them with a letter with a very serious complaint to all, Trading Standards, Financial Services Authority, Financial Ombudsman Service, Information Commissioners Office and even your MP it is about time the polititions became more involved in the PPI scandal.:eek:

Have a chat with the FOS they are very helpful..... full contact details here.

Financial Ombudsman Service

My own thread.....

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

sorry if I have already posted this but have a search through the many pages and you will find letters you may wish to edit and prepare your own use:)

Are you able to photobucket the letter you received blanking out all the personal stuff addresses, account numbers, sort codes, names etc.

Hope this helps provide you with the determination to carry on.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from