Tracey V HFC (Marbles) PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no they should'nt, however Marbles/HFC play by their own rules........

Just keep tabs of how much they are adding, then add it it to your claim....

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Hi

Should I put put together another claim for all the interest and £12 charges they have put onto my account since this account went into dispute?

Traceyx

start a new claim for these new charges.

I have been asking for my PPI back from Marbles since 2007, I too stopped paying, placed the account into dispute. However they continued to add interest and charges and the account has been passed around every DCA in the west! :razz:

I complained to the FOS in Jan 08, but as they have soooo many PPI complaints to deal with, mine has yet to be allocated :(

It has stopped Marbles in their tracks though, no phone calls, no nasty court letters :D

Your application form is the same as mine, a coloured square shown on it to illustrate that you chose the PPI. I suspect that this square was already coloured and set as a default feature on their softwear program. Therefore it had already been selected BEFORE you filled your application in online.

To date Marbles have produced NO evidence whatsoever that

1. I ever requested the insurance

2. I was eligiable for the cover

3. that the policy was optional

4. that the policy was explained to me at the point of sale, (difficult one as it was online!)

5. that a policy ever existed!

They sent me a one page application form with NO terms and conditions, when I asked where the rest was they accused me of not returning it when I signed my application???!!!!:?!!!!???? WTF does that mean?

I actually have this in writing from them :razz:

Hopefully my FOS complaint will soon be at the top of the pile, and Marbles will get the kick in the pants they deserve!

Failing that I WILL take them to court.

Good luck with your battle and stick to your guns, they are indeed a nasty bunch!:)

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

my thread started here but was moved OTR to CCS

so you should find it there, hell of a read! Mind you, you may need a bottle of wine rather than just a glass as it's quite long LOL!!!

cheers :razz:

Hello tracey,

Lost out on your thread due to recent bereavment please let me know what progress you have made so I can catch up and help if I can;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Sorry to hear that aa x

Nothing much has happened untill today. I've received a statement, a letter "Notice of Intended Action" and "Account severely in arrears". Thank you postman!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do next, i refuse to pay them they owe me more now in interest, charges and PPI.

Any suggestionsx

Sorry to hear that aa x

Nothing much has happened untill today. I've received a statement, a letter "Notice of Intended Action" and "Account severely in arrears". Thank you postman!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do next, i refuse to pay them they owe me more now in interest, charges and PPI.

Any suggestionsx

I would write to them and inform them that if they are intending court action, you have every intention of counter claiming for your PPI back!:lol:

Remind them again of their failings and how to are going to report them to everybody and their granny!

If your agreement looks the same as mine I think they may have a job convincing a judge it is "fully executed". Also, as the amount they are shouting for includes your miss sold PPI, they have the wrong figures.

Another quick one, the terms and conditions they have sent you are current ones, they need to send out the ones that were applicable at the time you applied. As it was 2002 the default charges would have been £25 not £12 :rolleyes:

Plus if it's any help, Marbles have been threatening me with court action since 2007, I don't have a date yet!!! It's just a scare tactic.

hiya tracy that is fine it gets to the point but i would check the act regarding the offence bit as i think that part of the act has changed

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ive now received a default notice from Marbles this morning, not quite sure what to do should I still send the above letter? and should i be replying to the default? or should I pay up (an option I dont want to take). Has anyone else had a default from Marbles?

Edited by traceyb918

Tell marbles you have a complaint lodged with the FOS and to get lost.

Post up the default notice so folks can check it out for errors.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

On the face of it looks ok but i'm not terrible into default particulars. Have a look back at JBs thread. She had the same one and fuzzybobble has good pointers on how to tear a DN apart of errors. (post 95 further down):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/172734-hfc-agreement-enforcable-5.html#post2008653

p.s You have left the name on the DN itself.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything