Redstne evicted us for being 4500 pounds in credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NRTGUY

I hope this means that you have it sorted if so this is great news.

and i hope you have a good holiday on the proceeds :-D you deserve it

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Come Back NRTGUY.

Please tell me you got your house back and that they have had to replace your furniture etc.

I hope that they have had to pay off any remaining mortgage and a tidy sum on top for what they have done to you

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

I am afraid that part of the "settlement" was that the poster was not allowed to post on this thread again.

As far as I understand they did not get the house back but were very adequately compensated and have enough funds to completely start afresh and have all the incorrect info removed from their credit file.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

glad to hear they had some good news

;)

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys

Nrtguy is back and firing on both barrels believe me!!! so far EVERYONE has renaged on their settlements and we are still basically in the same position as we were before. Hence I am posting on my own thread again....... mite start a new one yet!!!:rolleyes:

OK.... The Solicitor for the redstone (wragge and co) have been ordered to repay the court fees and interest that they have charged us since they undertook any work for redstone on our file.........She was ordered to pay within 7 days, we were ecstatic to say the least, and we thought we'd celebrate and get a new car, unfortunately she is another one that didnt honor the payments and we are STILL WAITING, and have now cancelled the car ( shame really, I loved the car).... apparently it is against the individual solicitors human rights to pay the money.... She no longer works for wragge and co and as of yesturday has been remanded for 6 months and has been given a concurrent community order. Not sure exactly what the charge is, but she is apparently bankrupt now!!! Dont have specifics on that one yet.

The removal guys..... There boss is on remand as he was arrested for non payment of fines originally, namely our £34k, but he was a bit of a naughty boy and is now on remand for violent misconduct....... we are waiting to find out if he is personally liable for the money or if his firm is.....

Redstone's insurers never actually honored their agreement to pay us our out of court settlement. They made an attempt to pay it, but never honored the transfer........ hence no money and still lodging with family.... However the girls are back with me.....:D.

Our solicitor has now decided he cannot deal with the case anymore :-?and has handed it to a barrister in London. Just waiting for him to contact us so we know exactly where we stand. A member of their staff 'misplaced' our £8740 from a seperate court hearing. To this day we have suspicions of where it is, but cant do anything as the police are investigating and the solicitors are claiming against their public liabilty for the money...(leave you to draw your own conclusions!!)

Does anybody know if the solicitors can pay that £8740 out of their client holding account or do we have to go down the channels of the insurers?

Phew!!!! In the meantime we are stressed depressed and everything in between, so i thought, seeing as you were so helpful before, I would moan at you guys...:rolleyes:

Bona, I know you are going to ask. We are awaiting the nearest and available date to get before Master Judge David Hodge at Manchester Registry,( previous hearing was adjourned) although I dont know how its going to work with having a London based barrister on board.

So for all of the above I am back and blazing...

Nrtguy , sorry to hear that your troubles are not over, I have followed your case from the start and like many others on here was so happy for you when it seemed like you had finally won the battle . I am glad though that you have a lot of fight in you and hope that you win the war.

sleepingdog

Oh the war will be won!!! They have already attempted payments which apparently roves liability ( solicitors!!! for what use they are!!!) as the main bulk of it was out of court, we now just have to get a court order forcing the issue!!! I have the bit between my teeth and will not let go....

I have been poorly because of all of this and i am now back and stronger than ever.

I am really sorry to hear things were not settled as promised - and I agree you need the barrister to get the compensation you were entitled to.

But glad your family is back with you:)

I dont think I have ever seen a case like yours it is really a disgrace to the Financial Industry and also the Solicitors - who I believe act for A&L as well as I recall complaining about them.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

How did you know that Redstone tried to transfer the money but did not honour the transfer - what was the evidence?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

A definite evidence of intention to pay then - so legally I can not see they have a leg to stand on . So what was their reply when asked why the transfer did not complete.

Are they in financial trouble generally do you think? I bet you really want to get this sorted extremely urgently .

Have court papers been issued against them ? Or a letter confirming that you intend to take legal action?

I dont know how you have managed with all of this - It must make you so angry which is stressfull in itself.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

aaah well.. thats where the fun starts....... we cannot get a straight response from any of them......... redstone refer us to their solicitor, who refer us to redstone, who send me to the home repo team, who send me to my own solicitor and the game starts again.........

Hence we refiled in court..... Just an update on that one.... they have started offering us "out of court settlements" again... solicitor advises against it, due to past performance, but they are suddenly being nicey nice again....

Thanks Wales for ever....... all support appreciated!!!

I agree court action continues until the money is in your account - as long as they know that perhaps they will stop playing games.

They dont have to be nice - just pay up what they promised - plus your costs or else it looks like you will have your day in court

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Found this website while looking for Redstone Mortgages website. I'm really worried after reading about all these cases concerning them. I re-mortgaged with Beacon Homeloans in June 2007 and then found out my mortgage was with Redstone. No problem. I am now in arrears by 3 months and a letter of intended action has been sent. I have been trying to work out how to pay back arrears whilst also having enough money to pay everything else. It is a real headache ! I am now really worried that they will not help as having checked through all my paperwork I don't really know who my mortgage is really with. Am I with Beacon, Redstone or Skipton ? And why on my house insurance do they need it to say Beacon Homeloans & Redstone Mortgages if I'm not with Beacon ? Have I been shafted yet again ! Over the last 20 yrs have been with RFC, GMAC, First NationaL, GE Money, GMAC, Beacon and now Redstone. Everytime it looks like I'm getting my head above water and can get a high street mortgage I get pulled under again. I must have paid about 30 thousand in redemption fees, lost out when rates went down and suffered when they went up. I went on to the FSA to check out Redstone and they don't come up. Also they have about 3 to 4 different adresses! Any advice.

Edited by Katikins