style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yah is coming down heavy and fast now on the south coast

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

We must have about a foot of snow outside, tried getting to work but no busses in London, and the local train station is closed, 4 1/2 miles to the nearest underground and that seems to be closed too... so I am sitting finishing off a late breakfast and going to do some needlework and listen to a talking book.

I don't know what it will be like tomorrow but if the busses are running I should be able to get to work eventually.

No trams, no buses here, so DH couldn't get to work this morming, cars can't get out, schools closed, and DS 1 phoned at 6.30 am to say: "I'm stuck in East Croydon, no public transport, what am I going to do?" Answer: "Walk!"... And he did, it took him 2 hours to walk the 6-odd miles to get back... :razz:

New cooker was supposed to get delivered tomorrow, not gonna happen, DS 2's school called to say closed tomorrow as well, and it still hasn't stopped snowing since last night. :-(

Been coming down heavy for last 2 hours or so - bbc weather reckon we could have a foot of snow here - central croydon - and 16 to 20 inches in outlying areas!:eek:

Doubt very much whether trams, trains and buses will be running tomorrow either.

OMG went to corner shop this morning for milk - not panic buying I actually needed some, and the queue for the local tesco express was about 100 people!! Anyone would think we were going to be snowed in for months! Probably be gone by Wednesday, and that will be it for another 18 years.

It just annoys me so much when transport networks etc are not prepared, even though we had at least a weeks notice that the snow was coming. And so few roads have been gritted - whats that all about??

There was/is a bad house fire not far from here, and the local neighbours had to shovel snow out of the road so the fire engines could drive up and deal with it.

I know we cannot put away huge resources for equipment to deal with weather conditions like this, because they are so infrequent, but even so, surely something should be done to stop areas of the country simply grinding to a halt. Loss of production etc to all the companies that couldn't open today must cost a hell of a lot more.

Off soapbox now;)

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

NEWSFLASH (from other countries around the world)

Britain today has been named the laughing stock of the world. A bit of snow, a very small amount for other countries, has ground the nation to a halt. Trains have stopped running, roads are chocca and millions are left without any real news.

The Meterological office has classed the snow as an extreme weather event. A Thailand resident said "Those poor people. What they must be going through - it's terrible. Now, excuse me, I have to get back to my make shift hut as my home was destroyed a few years ago"

Said one Brit resident Shazza "It mayhem. There's at least a millimeter of snow and now I cant leave my house. How am I supposed to get me fags now? BRITNEY! STOP TURNING THE SNOW YELLOW!"

A member of Parliament said. "This is truly unbelievable. I mean, it's winter and quite cold. We've had a load of snow clouds blown over from Russia which we were told about a week ago, so how this has happened is beyond us. It's totally caught us out."

In other news:

Amazement as bear sh*t is found in wooded area

Bible and Rosary beads found in Pope's home.

Snow is now up to the wheel arch of car, so nearly 2 feet deep.... whole family trapped at home so we walked to local shop for milk and bread - none:eek: Have spent afternoon making bread, smells lovely, and found some powered milk! Thank heavens I work from home anyway. Sent pics of the snow this morning to Dublin (office based there) and they couldn't believe it... pic of main road with nooo traffic at all and everybody out of their houses building snowmen and huge snowballs - talk about the old Blitz spirit:D